Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

CC versus Kessler

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by GatorLurker, Feb 19, 2022.

1. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    You have a friend that went to Auburn? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  2. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    I know you're just kidding, but absolutely. More than one.

I have a good Auburn grad friend who is a very good architect here and when I was still working gave me lots of huge landscape projects. Car guy too like me! He drives a Ferrari F355 and let me drive it once.

One of my absolute favorite professors at Florida is Bill Barrick who taught landscape design. He's an Auburn grad and went on later to become Executive Director of Bellingrath Gardens.

Bill Barrick’s Bellingrath: The Garden of His Life

• Like Like x 4
  3. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Hi Bazza, ANYONE that visits the Alabama coast area simply HAS to visit Bellingrath house and gardens ESPECIALLY during the Azalea bloom.

The equal to the best gardens of Europe IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    We disagree on practically everything regarding college basketball, although I am not looking to do so. Based on having watched Auburn vs Florida twice, CC is hands down better than Kessler. IMO, Tschiebe is the best center in the SEC followed by CC and then Kessler. This is not a prediction as to the NBA future of these guys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. gatorstevelp

gatorstevelp Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Castleton has gotten the better of Kessler in their match-ups but the “experts” (Patrick Young being one) have Kessler and Tschiebe solidly ahead of the rest of the centers in the SEC.
    Something about Castleton’s game or the UF strategy Have neutralized Kessler to a large extent.

6. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I look at Collegians as Collegians, not as future NBA prospects or stars.

I also weigh head to head results as meaning something.

The title of the thread is CC vs Kessler.
    NOT whom is the best future NBA prospect.

Harkens back to Danny vs Peyton. I don't care two bits about professional accomplishments, NBA or NFL.

My particular passion and bias is Collegiate sports NOT Pro.

How anybody can claim CC did not kick this guy's you no what TWICE can go pound salt for all I care.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. GatorsGators

GatorsGators All American

Apr 14, 2012
    Castleton's an awesome college player, but it's fair to question where he physically fits into an NBA roster.

Comparing him to Kessler is a bit strange. Castleton isn't close to the same player defensively.

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    REALLY? I guess dominating the dude
    statistically twice doesn't count?

SMH

• Like Like x 1
  9. GatorsGators

GatorsGators All American

Apr 14, 2012
    Of course it "counts," but it doesn't fundamentally change either's projected role in the NBA.

Kessler is a traditional center who's become one of the best shot blockers in the country. He's nothing special offensively but he's got the size you're looking for in a backup center. He'll be a late-1st round pick and ultimately whether or not he sticks depends on whether he's able to defend the P&R.

Castleton is a tweener at the next level -- probably doesn't have the physical profile to bang against NBA-level bigs but doesn't have the skill level yet to appeal as a stretch 4.

Castleton's profile needs a 3-point shot to be appealing to NBA scouts imo.

That's nothing against Castleton -- he's a great college player and I'm happy to have him in Gainesville.

• Like Like x 3
  10. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    That poster is an anomaly because on their message board, every other post was about how bad the officiating was screwing them. It was nearly all they could talk about.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    CCs problem is that we are so devoid of big man talent that we don't have the luxury of him floating around the 3 point line all day hunting his shot so he can get drafted. We need him doing what he has been doing, which isn't going to impress the NBA scouts all that much.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    Wait, orthopedic surgeons have to be smart - they went to UGA? :devil:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    It would have been something had Castleton played with Johnson for the last 2 years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Maybe. Take a look at how CC did in the 3+ games that he played with KJ. White changed the offense after that to get CC more involved in it. Also, KJ almost certainly would not have been back for this season as he likely would have played his way into the 1st round of the NBA draft.

• Like Like x 1
  15. melrosemafia

melrosemafia All American

Sep 1, 2021
    Melrose
    Good
    Chance we are at least Elite 8 that year if KJ does not go down maybe better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ahab

Ahab GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I think Castleton will stick in the NBA. Kessler may be the more obvious NBA prospect but Castleton is better college player.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    he is a better prospect, he is not a better player right now. CC is clearly better, he has no low post moves at all. He has a smooth stroke from the outside. I am just going by head to head between the two. And I dont want to hear about minutes per game from anyone because one of the reasons Kessler was out is because CC got him in foul trouble both games by using much better pump fakes and foot work around the basket

• Like Like x 1
  18. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Definitely a roster spot on the bench for a shot blocking defensive presence. Rudy in Utah or Draymond with Warriors are great examples of defense first guys that influence the game today. Big men have been taken out of the game due to hack-a-shaq and their inability to make free throws. If Kessler can hit his free throws and become a better passer, definitely a place of him in the NBA. Not a lot of players getting triple doubles in college with rebounds, blocks and points like he did versus TAM

• Like Like x 1