Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

CBS Democrat Debate...

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator_fever, Feb 25, 2020.

1. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    I don't claim to be an expert but imo the chances of Bernie winning the job of POTUS are very slim.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Using the notification that my thread was merged. That's the only way I can "find" it.

3. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Very strange, not sure about that one.

4. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
  5. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    ehh

Most qualified and best performer are two different questions...

Best performer... I'm with you without a doubt...

Most qualified... I don't think so...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Russian interference in our election?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    Scared, no. She realizes he's her bread and butter. She wins soundbite points against Bloomberg the way the Gators win style points against Charleston Southern.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    I don't know why anyone would think this. Neither Bernie nor Warren are trying to just win a tri-state area. Look for Stacey Abrams or Julian Castro, but a Warren/Sanders Sanders/Warren ticket was never conceivably in the cards.

9. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    Well, sure. You'd have to be from outer space to think that a mayor from a town smaller than Gainesville who has questionable race relations (and based on his book, not even a good plan for snow removal) is the most qualified.

10. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    I don't want to know how you've determined her viscosity.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    Wrong. Bloomberg has plugged so much money into Super Tuesday there is no way Bernie has this sewn up in a two person race.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I agree with 715. She came off as if she was auditioning to be Bernie's VP. Instead of going after him guns blazing, she desperately went after Bloomberg. It worked last week, but she tried to force it this week, and it was a failure. Made her look like she was running interference for Bernie, like Castro used to do for her.

Frankly, this was Biden's best debate, and he was the winner. His ending comment about putting a black woman on SCOTUS showed that he understood his audience better than the others.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    The only one he doesn't have a chance in is Ohio. That state needs more white flight before it's purple again. Sherrod Brown only won because of the math related to incumbency.

14. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    One of my neighbors is his cousin. Says he's in this for strictly ideological reasons. Dumps money in states for voting rights, etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    He's probably also a dog in Florida and North Carolina...

So that would mean he probably has to win Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania...

Maybe I'm wrong... I just don't think that's likely once Trump starts campaigning hard against him...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Yep she hates him. Might have something to do with him supporting her Republican opponent in her senatorial race. Payback time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Interesting. Still seems like a very bizarre use of money to try and affect change.

18. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    See her attacks on Bloomberg... Basically calling him a misogynist/sexist... Hating on him for being a billionaire and a business owner...

Doing the same to Bernie earlier in the campaign (She leaked the whole Bernie thing about how he allegedly said that a woman can't be president... I call BS)...

I might be confusing her with someone else... but I think she went after Biden on racism as well or racist policies...

Just ugh... Can't stand her... I'd rather have her as president over Sanders, but I cannot stand her...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    They frankly each have much better options than a neighbor-state septuagenarian as hypothetical running mate.

Warren is laying off Bernie for strategic reasons which may very well never manifest. She polls well as a second choice for several candidates. The more moderates she can knock out of the field the better. If Klobuchar leaves, she gets a certain amount of people who state they will vote for a woman. Buttigieg out, more voters. Biden, more. Etc. If she makes it to the end, she more than any other candidate will run the risk of former Bernie supporters not going for her due to being "a backstabber". If she turns on Bernie now, she will have Bernie supporters actively avoiding voting for her in the general. The same is not true of the other candidates because it is easier to differentiate their policy differences.

• Like Like x 1
  20. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    A dog in FL and NC, absolutely. I just think he has zero chance in Ohio. His chances in Ohio hover slightly above Utah and Wyoming.

• Agree Agree x 1