Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

CBS Democrat Debate...

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator_fever, Feb 25, 2020.

1. danmann65

danmann65 GC Legend

May 22, 2015
    I had coffee with some anybody but trumpers who was of the opinion that Bernie's 30 percent is about as rational as Trump's 30 percent.

2. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    They're not supporting "a challenger." They're supporting a Kennedy.

3. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Things can definitely be normal, and yes, it is possible to not have to think about politics much between elections when adults are in charge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Legend

Apr 24, 2007
    Thank you for the correction lacuna.

But to be honest, for those of us who have been on the receiving end of the subject at hand, we knew all too well what the Player was referring to, even if the quote wasn’t exact

5. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    I never imagined otherwise for some who read his post. The quote, however, is from a play written nearly 325 years ago and out of respect to its author and its longevity deserves to be repeated accurately. When things are inaccurately written, recited, or repeated, those who are previously unfamiliar with it may not understand the original intent. There is a substantial difference between someone who is scorned and someone who scorns; between a woman's scorn and a scorned woman. Player's inaccurate rendering of the quote changes the meaning, making the quote incomprehensible for those who never before heard or read it in the appropriate context.

Without knowing if you had at some time scorned a woman and been the target of her anger, or if you were scorned by a woman for some offending action on your part I can't speak to your admission of "having been on the receiving end of the subject at hand." Or whether for you if the subject is scorn itself, or a scorned woman? Not that it matters, but I hope you have sufficiently recovered; )

6. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    I'll still take Way of the World over Congreve's other works. And Aphra Behn over the other playwrights. Wycherley's good too.