Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Catholic Priest says Memphis women can’t clean his home because his dog dislikes black people

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Aug 16, 2019.

1. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I had a dog who didn't like Catholic priests. But I think all dogs are atheists.

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    It's a tough situation, because you can't make a dog not do something it wants to do, unlike a human. If I was in his shoes and was requesting a maid I would say something along the lines of

"Hey I know this is pretty awkward, but my dogs get super aggressive and confrontational with African-Americans. I know it is a taboo request, but I need my maid to be white. If not I completely understand and I'll have to find someone else. "

No, they don't have to honor it, but unlike the mailman, these are people he is inviting into his house. If the mailman sees an aggressive dog they dont enter that yard.

Look, maybe the guy is racist and this is his cover. None of us know. But what I do know for a fact is there are plenty of dogs that dont "like" black people, for whatever reason.

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Then I imagine it's equally true that there are plenty of black-owned dogs who don't like white people. IOW dogs are suspicious or whatever of people who are different from their owners.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. AndyGator

AndyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    We raise service dogs. We have had 38 dogs through our house in the last ten years alone. I have no problem ignoring the dog ignorant statements on this thread as not everyone is all that dog knowledgeable much less a dog trainer.

But to blame one's feeling on dogs and to place human thoughts and emotion on dogs is uber stupid and weak and deserves to be called out.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I'm sure there are, I just have no personal experience with it.

6. wgbgator

wgbgator Extremely Online Premium Member

Everyone knows the real racist dogs are those SJW dogs who play the race card against other dogs.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. anstro76

anstro76 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 14, 2008
    St.Petersburg
    Why can't a priest clean his own home. I mean damn he only works one day a week.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. LoyalGatorFan

LoyalGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah lets be real...if I have to decide between helping a dog or a human, dog 11x out of 10 lol

9. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't think we need to create a false binary. It's not like either you believe the guy is a racist or the cleaning lady is just trying to play the role of victim. The facts show us that the priest engaged in race-based generalizations and someone took offense at being discriminated against because of her race. If not anything else, I think that puts the onus on the priest to justify his situation. He doesn't owe me a thing, but then again, my opinion of him isn't going to exist outside of speculation on a thread like this. I do like the idea of investigating into it further to see if a more reasonable solution can be attained (I'd be shocked if there wasn't a more reasonable approach that could have been taken).

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

10. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    In fairness, and to cch's point, we don't know that the owner is necessarily racist and is using his dogs as a cover for it.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. nobbqsauce

nobbqsauce All American

Nov 21, 2018
    I will disagree. Having taught in some predominately african american school and having lived "on the poor side of the tracks" I can say that many of my friends growing up and students that were black were extremely scared ...petrified of large dogs. Their parents were as well. I'm not talking mean or even excited dogs. Im talking these families would not enter the local park if they sawa large dog sitting by its owner.

And dogs that are rescued will often act aggressive towards anyone that reminds them of their abusers. If a black man or woman abused a puppy, it could very easily associate blackmpeoplw with pain. If a white man or woman abused the dog same thing. We all know dogs that cower or attack a kind gentle husband of its adoptive family because they were abused by a man.
    Sometimes even something like eyeglasses, beards, long hair or a small will be the trigger.

12. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    So dogs can sense a lack of determination?

• Like Like x 1
  13. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    For real! I had no idea! To think that I have lived my life dating women of all ethnic backgrounds and am married to and deeply love a non white woman! How crazy is this racist thing! All these years I honestly believed that racists didn't like people of color! How stupid of me! :) How fantastically stupid of me!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. AndyGator

AndyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Disagree if want. But not one thing you said countered my statements. Blacks or anyone else fearing dogs is not what this thread and the article is about. If a dog is stray or abandoned or abused it can show fear to anyone or anything. So what? Are you stating that the "priests" dogs are strays or abandoned or abused? if not, then they are responding to the priests energy state and not their own. It's what I stated. it's what the dog expert stated. So what the priest is claiming is total BS. The guy should be honest and state that he fears blacks, not the dogs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    This is BS. Everyone knows dogs are colorblind. :)

Well, according to google this is how dogs see... I’d be scared of all colors of people if I saw them like this.

0DDA8295-178C-4B5F-A433-ACB2AF5DDA8A.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I thought perhaps the feared a lack of a sizable inheritance

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. gatorpika

gatorpika Premium Member

Sep 14, 2008
    I trained my dog to wait until they are done cleaning, then start hating when they are standing there expecting payment.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Seriously, this is news? My dog likes Asian people more than white people. Where's my headline?

19. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    You're right, another da libs vs. da righties thread is what this section needs.

20. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF GC Hall of Fame

Apr 14, 2007
    Umm...dog’s name is “Tom” and has a MAGA hat.
    Nuff said :rolleyes: