Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Can't they just admit they made a huge mistake?

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by intimigator1, Jan 21, 2021.

1. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Josh "Oh my Gosh its the Democrats Fault" Hawley claims that attacks on him are just "partisan" payback or something to that manner. What is it about him, Cruz, Gaetz, 'lil Ms. 5ft tall Glock carrying Boebert and the rest and why is it so freaking difficult to just say I made a mistake and it has given me a chance to think about my future positions?

What those fools (yes they are the truest form of a fool) don't get is that the more they continue to play these games then the more interest all of us will pay attention and do all we can to vote them out! It is very clear that most are nothing more than adolescent adults that should never have been put in the responsible positions they attain so there is a huge target on them come midterms and they should know that Democrats and Independents are beyond apathy at this point. We are paying close attention to what Republicans say and block and the more they do this then the bigger the fight the "left" will bring at each election.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    So you don’t think the entire point here is about votes? These responses are as calibrated as it gets, to that one and only objective.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    I absolutely could not care less about the votes. What i would love to see is a chance for America to breathe...just an opportunity for us to not listen to these fools that cannot find a positive feel for our lives! Yes, I am sick of the Trump fools. Yes, I am literally fed up with these idiots! Is it partisan? Of course not. I think we all should simply be entitled to being allowed to just follow our dreams again. Trump has been one massive downer on America and it's time for his cultists to step outside their lives and see that we can all enjoy this country together. Need I remind that when the 4th of July Parades happen that we all got teary eyed and stood with pride or is that gone forever...I think not. I think that those that played with the fantasy of Trump should take a break, go fishing, take the family to an amusement park or whatever and look at life more positively. Its just better!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. gator10010

gator10010 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 23, 2008
    Man, Biden's response to Covid has been a complete disaster. He is totally incompetent and trampling on state's rights......wait.....too soon?

• Off-topic Off-topic x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Just finish it now. Time to renew your ability to see what is positive in this country. Your doom is no longer wanted. Goodbye.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Maybe it's time to respect the fact that we don't need a freak as President! Maybe the fanatical beliefs of the extreme right are just wrong and that most of us have families to take care of and jobs to go to and we are sick of the Trumpism that beat us down for far too long! The game that the Trump cult has played has been played out and it is time for them to all go to sleep and learn to be a real American and end this freak game. For those that can't get over it ..I feel sorry for them so very sorry. This isn't political. It's about how your look at the life you have been given and how you want to live it! You literally forgot about your life and sold your soul for a fake man and it is time to just rethink your values. This is a time to enjoy positive American values and not force "patriotism"...time to be who we are. Thank God!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    They won't admit anything because they don't care about the country. They care about themselves, their power/influence, and their reelection chances. We need to start electing better people and demanding more from the people we elect. And before somebody "both sides" this, yes, I feel the same way about many Democrats in Congress.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Q they are coming for your guns rhetoric increasing. GOP insurrectionists trying to tote everywhere and triggering metal detectors and AOC. ;)

So much for working together

9. staticgator

staticgator Senior

Nov 27, 2016
    Treason isn't a "mistake".

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Especially if your Jane Fonda

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  11. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
  12. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    It's gonna be awesome! Wear your mask 24/7, take your experimental vaccine and get your covid travel papers in order.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    She was not the President. Absolutely no comparison in terms of the magnitude and importance.

14. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta Premium Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    I love this new holier than thou "lets have peace" and "lets all be friends" BS now that your favorite party took control. Just stop it with all that phony crap because Republicans aren't buying it and don't want to submit to your demands and people in the middle see that you are all FOS acting like you care now to come together when you really just mean 'apologize to us and shift more left so we can all be friends and think on the same terms'.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I get your point. It would be valid when some reality and truth returns to the GOP.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. PD

PD GC Columnist VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If there’s one thing I’ve learned about republicans/conservatives, one of the clearest things that divides them from independents and progressives, is their terror-driven refusal to ever introspect or consider the possibility they could be wrong. This of course means they are incapable of ever acknowledging a mistake, let alone admitting them.

Its one of the primary barriers to emotional health - the inability to find any fault in yourself - and also feeds the anger that generates when they are faced with proof to the contrary of their position.

Hence the fierce refusal to accept facts that contradict their position or beliefs, and tenacious clinging to even the most on-its-face ludicrous alternate reality.

Even conservatives acknowledge there is a titanic mental health crisis in America, but their recognition is limited to pathologies that manifest in overtly crazy behavior. But our mental and emotional health issues in America are legion in so many ways that have been comprehensively normalized. The kind of stuff a therapist would put at the top of the list to address with the majority of our fellow Americans. This is one of the biggies, maybe THE biggie.

The inability to accept new information and adjust one’s opinions and positions, over a long period of time, shuts down the brain’s neuroelasticity, literally making it impossible or nearly impossible to learn in most meaningful ways or change destructive or self-destructive behavior.

This is the mental health problem that is most responsible for the ideological/political divide in America, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  17. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Cruz and Hawley are too smart to be anything other than calculating. They are one of many individuals blessed with high intelligence who, like all of us, being slave to their emotions - in this case an unnatural desire, not to serve, but to acquire power as a form of self-aggrandizement - grossly misuse that gift. It’s sad, really.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I hope that she never wins an election and is expelled from every legislative body of which she is a member.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    People who put everything into Trump are just like others duped by their favorite politicians. You can't tell either side anything, its always us vs them. So until both sides decide to squash ALL differences and act like grown ups and try to find common ground, this kumbaya holding hands crap isn't going to happen. Especially when its in the form of Dems shitting on Rep's and telling them how deplorable they are for voting for Trump as if every single person who voted for him did so for the same reasons.

Nobody buys it. It's all just a power play now that they are on top. They have all the power and want to degrade and defile everyone and only want to accept people into this kumbaya circle if they apologize and submit to leftist ideas? GTFOH.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  20. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    Actually I didn't support Trump the first time and definitely not the second time.

Ignorance is bliss though so you do you.

Hint: I haven't voted Republican or Democrat since I've been able to vote.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1