Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Cannabis, The US & College Sports

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by themistocles, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    I want whatever he was smoking when he said that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. ametcalf

ametcalf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Pensacola, FL
    You stopped because you stopped. "Maybe one day you'll ".... what a statement!

3. Gatorfred

Gatorfred GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2012
    CEF6A97B-4CA0-432C-A868-22E15BE28999.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Dude throws the race card so frequently, and so inappropriately, it has become an automatic turnoff. On top of that, everything wrong is either Nixon’s, Reagan’s, Bush’s, or now Trump’s fault. The guy promotes himself as an educator.....my statement points to the fact that he loses many in his audience before he ever gets the chance to make his point, simply because of his insistence upon opening his posts with the same old race/liberal prologue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Educate yourself Clay.

6. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    Was jut walking through sf yesterday, bumped into the overthrow ice camp, I walked through it, smelled a lot of weeeeeeeeeeed. Nttiawwt.

7. mulegator

mulegator Neanderthal Ninja Vigilante Moderator VIP Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Tallahassee
    Recreational cannabis is legal in San Fran now.

8. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I have Die. How marijuana has morphed into health food is beyond me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's not desirable that humans consume drugs, true. But we have a long history of consuming marijuana, perhaps for tens of thousands of years. Our brain is well suited for its consumption. Why Do We Have Cannabinoid Receptors?

What I don't like is that students can drink alcohol but not be punished whereas with Marijuana staffs are forced to take severe action and players lose their eligibility. I don't need to get into the social and health issues alcohol causes but it seems we are somewhat misguided.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Um, it is clearly the lesser of the two. And I speak from experience on this. No comparison whatsoever.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Was in Oakland two weeks ago and one of the first things I wanted to check out was a dispensary. Went to the one in downtown Berkeley (DOWNTOWN BERKELEY PEOPLE). Missed it the first time by and had to circle the block and come back. One guy out front checking ID's, maybe 3 of us in the dispensary itself.

Let's put it this way, the average 7/11 is more problematic in terms of disturbance to the neighborhood and prevalence of kooks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    I live here it's been legal for years. No issues with drugs, I prefer them done in the right venue though, just like booze.

• Like Like x 1
  13. FusionGator

FusionGator Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Morgan and Morgan- For the money..and the weed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Dayum... I think this thread triggered Mulegator...

15. mulegator

Jun 25, 2007
    Tallahassee
    It's a subject near and dear to me old heart.
    Hemp agribusiness would really boost our national economy -- from sea to shining sea.
    Many, many positive small farm and small business applications will result when hemp is fully supported and promoted in America.
    It is unconscionable that hemp has been bundled in with "marijuana" laws for all these years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    Is hemp smoked too, or just eaten in brownies....

17. mulegator

Jun 25, 2007
    Tallahassee
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Drug convictions for non-dealers should not result in imprisonment. Use is an addiction and should be treated as such. Also don’t like the lengthy sentences for crack versus powder form. That is where there is likely racism or disparate treatment in sentencing guidelines. Now if someone steals or deals to support habit, they are committing a crime and deserve punishment, but far to many jailed simply for marijuana use

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    I believe what the government says about cocaine. On the other hand, I don't believe much at all about what the government says about weed. All the war on drugs has done is drive down the price of cocaine while driving up the price of weed. So, they drove down the price of the more harmful of the two while driving up the price of the one that is essentially innocuous. Only real thing about weed that is bad is that you inhale smoke and the residuals of smoke. Edibles eliminate that problem. Also, pharmaceuticals have so many dangerous side effects that it seems the side effects are worse than what the physical issue is that requires them. Side effects of weed, munchies.

20. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    Having worked as an academic teacher in the Florida Dept. of Corrections, I found out that few , if any, are locked up for simple recreational marijuana use. In fact, most drug offenders have offended multiple, multiple times before they are incarcerated, and that includes selling heroin. In the sixties, seventies, and before, a single joint could land someone in prison for at least a year. Not so today.

• Winner Winner x 1