Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Candy's Mock post Auburn

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Oct 10, 2019.

1. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    He's a much better runner than KT imo and i'm sticking to that. As far as a QB, they both have different strengths and weaknesses as a passer but w/e, i'll take 6-1 and our dreams to ATL alive regardless of who's at QB.

Talk about getting off topic lol

2. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Hey @candymanfromgc, can you combine this thread with the other QB thread in Swamp Gas since nothing here has anything thing to do with you Mock Post Auburn? Then you could start up another Mock thread after the Georgia game. Maybe...
    The Impending 2020 QB Battle

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. ncg8or

ncg8or GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    If anybody can, the Candy Man can!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. thegatorvault

thegatorvault Senior

Jan 11, 2015
    Yeah.....keep clicking on this thread hoping I’ll read something about Candy’s mock class or recruiting in general. Nope.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. DomiGator

DomiGator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Nobody said he's not doing well. But he could have done better.

Seider is better than Knox, the fact you are even arguing that is indicating...

If Burrow is proven, he would not transfer. Not pursuing him was a HUGE mistake. I said it at the time and many poster thought so too, at THE TIME. We had at least a 50/50 chance, and at THE time, LSU's O was bad and wasn't even a good fit for Burrow. Had we have Burrow, we'd be 7-0 right now.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    If i could give you a like an informative I would. Sometimes a staff has to go with a player and just see what happens.

7. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Domi! Long time. Where have you been? Old Skool.

8. severnt

severnt Junior

Feb 2, 2012
    I think it's time for a bit of tit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. ripster

ripster Freshman

Feb 14, 2019
    I’m sure you took credit last year when he threw a pick six and we won. When you don’t actually have to make the decisions it’s really easy to pull three decisions from two years ago and say I told you so.

Knox? I haven’t mentioned him. I would have liked Seider on the staff too for recruiting, but at the end of the day the running backs coach isn’t going to turn the program around.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    the Franks I saw this year does not equate to the Trask I see presently. Not even close. Receivers love this offense. No coincidence that Pitts now has the best numbers in the country for a TE.

11. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    agreed about celebrating but 2/3 teams were/are bad teams. Auburn with 3-4 losses at year end is better than all 3. Trask gave us hope against LSU. Not sure w FF the game is even close.
    We all love him but it’s ok to give Kyle credit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    You forgot Toney and Grimes oh and Pitts!!

13. ncg8or

ncg8or GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    I like the offense now better too, my comment was relative to the "Mullen showed poor judgement by not starting Trask..." claim that keeps popping up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    To sum up the past day of this thread...

“I’m a better gator fan because I like Kyle Trask more and always knew that a 2 star recruit was gonna shine”

“No, I’m a much bigger gator fan than you because I like Felipe Franks and I see the nfl arm and potential that he had over Trask”

Okay to close thread down now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. fierygator

fierygator GC Legend

Oct 13, 2010
    Apex, NC
    It’s always time for that. A bit of tid every now and then is good too.

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    I don't get the reasoning from some gators fans to continue to trash Franks. We are fortunate to have another QB capable of leading the team to victory. CDM starting Franks over Trask is his decision. Every body can be an armchair QB after the fact, but that's just another "what if" question. Nobody knows how they perform in practice better than the coaches. Every body here can act like a "know it all" coach while the game is being played, but not during game planning. And let's stop this Trask is like Joe Montana compare to Ryan Leaf is to Franks. Trask is not perfect either, especially him turning the ball over at critical times of the game. South Carolina beat the dawgs with a 3rd string QB the dawgs haven't seen and Kirby being Kirby. Can't we just enjoy this season and be happy for Trask for living his dream?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Legend

Apr 23, 2014
    Good perspective. FF led us to a season last year that most Gators are thrilled with. Trask has us at 6-1 which most Gators would have been thrilled with before the season started. Let's enjoy the ride Mullen is giving us.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Help us Obi-Wan Candy. You're our only hope.
    upload_2019-10-16_1-21-20.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    People bashing Franks but hyping Trask using whatever mectric they want to use w/o realizing that we were a few here and there's away from being undefeated headed into the UGA game last year with FF as the QB just like this season us being a few plays going a different way from being undefeated headed into the UGA game (i'm already calling a USCe win on Saturday dammit) with Trask as the QB. We're in a great position and have a great QB room, let's just enjoy it

• Like Like x 1
  20. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    I don't see any reason for anybody to trash Franks either. The team turnaround last season was directly related to Frank's turnaround. He made us a better team.

And he was doing okay this year too, but I think the fact that the OL wasn't opening running lanes for the RBs or him took away part of the game that made him special. So based on us being somewhat forced by an ineffective OL to be more of a traditional passing team, Trask just fits the current system better.

Next year, if the OL improves it's run blocking, Franks or Jones may again be a better fit to run the offense.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1