Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Candy Gram Sponsered By Alachua General Hospital

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jun 21, 2018.

1. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't think the thing with Rae is updated. Everything I have heard recently is its an Oregon/UF battle. That said, I think we only get one of the three.

2. candymanfromgc

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree on the need for early commits. However I can tell you that the staff Is working 2020 kids Most of the FNL kids will be 2020 kids.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. theghost

theghost GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2011
    DC area
    I get it, but the point stands. Last year UGA signed 1 player in Feb. So, while UF and other schools were hustling to fill the 2018 class UGA was focusing all of their efforts on 2019. Getting the early commits is the way to go w/ this new early signing period. Hopefully by 2020's class we'll be back to being "Florida" and the stench of Jim McElwain will be faded away.

Rae has been trending Oregon....and so has Pittman. I'd love to get both, but I'd prefer Zipperer over Rae (if we can only have 1) due to him being a Florida kid.

• Like Like x 1
  4. candymanfromgc

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep, v
    valid points and we need to get to that level. Honestly, we just aren't there yet.

5. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Please all of you Sky Is Falling!! Chicken Littles, remember this Ancient Chinese Proverb:

"Nothing's Ever Over Till The Fat Lady Sings!"

It is, nonetheless, a rather massive advantage today, when you've got 90% of the Class you want inked in the Early Signing period, which is looking tough right now at least. Hopefully, the Gators will somehow manage to win the SEC East title and bring more into the fold.

• Like Like x 3
  6. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Yes sir. I'll stand by my thoughts. At one time most posters said Zipperer ( 3-4 months ago) was a done deal to us. Then it was Billingsley. My point is and will continue to be a leader means nothing until a kid commits. Once Bama entered the pic Billingsley was a goner.

Commits need to happen. Not worried about Mullen coaching as he will be awesome.

Losing out on Sanders will be really bad imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Briang8r

Briang8r GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2011
    St. Petersburg, FL
    • Like Like x 1
  8. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Not Sky is falling but what I'm hearing....
    Pittman who was another "done deal" and Rae are most likely staying out West. Both play at Oregon immediately whereas at Florida they'd probably be used sparingly as Freshman. I see kids like Kenmore Gamble and plenty of others that come up with advanced billing and we see no opportunity. I know I know someone will say he has been hurt or he's not ready. Not hurt all the time and he and others are athletes

Kids gonna go where they can play and where they can get to the league.

9. theghost

theghost GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2011
    DC area
  10. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
  11. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    He's not saying outside but he's connected and is expressing his surprise.
    Btw we wanted Stingley and Hunter. Both very very good players with high ceilings. I say again for a program like us #18 and 21 are the same...outside the top 10 where we should not be.

Recruiting revisit: Is panic or patience needed for the 2019 recruiting class? - Read and Reaction

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  13. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Of course saying outside the top 20.....those were the exact words. I'm not sure what you are saying but that was abundantly clear.
    Of course we wanted Stingley, everyone on the planet does. I never referenced him. Hunter no, at least for now. It's recruiting so we all know things change relative to the situation...but for now I would call him slow play at best

14. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    Mullen recruited him to MSU for 2-3 years. It's a guy we thought we had a shot with. It's a guy we might still do. "Should" have been a Gator just seems like a biased take.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Pickering was a moo dwag the whole time. Just cuz the guy that recruited him there left doesn't mean he's going to follow him out of state. Just recruiting guys getting fans hopes up to make money. Happens every year with multiple guys. Steele another one this year. He isn't going anywhere but USC even if he does verbally commit to us early.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Ok. So, would you agree with what you said applying to Pittman??

Guys I'm talking to aren't recruiting writers. I take them with a grain of salt.

17. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Haha APK with anything I post=Dog with a bone haha.

Your sources are wrong if they say or your trying to say we are slow playing Hunter.

I don't care if a recruiting writer agrees with ya....Hunter is a take and not a slow play.

18. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well i think I woll stick with my source all the same. And who knows, maybe the kid grows up a little both on and off the field and things change

But somehow we diverted from the whole point.....your assertion that we need something huge to hapoen asap or we finish outside top 20. And my assertion that in no way will that happen under any scenario

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Oh yeah dude, I'll own it. We miss on Sanders and I'll find you at least one poll that shows us 20 or worse.

Hope I'm crazy wrong. Poll I'm looking at shows #32 right now. My numbers not perfect but if we finish perfect best we can be is 11-12 miss on 1-2,big fish and 15-16. Miss on any more and we are 20 or worse.

I'll say it again. I like Mullen and can tell you he was a great hire. I think he does a great job this year and leads us to 8-9 wins. I can't figure out why he's not picking up more recruiting momentum.

You seem to read my every word so hope you saw:
    "Hope I'm wrong"
    "8-9 wins"
    "I like Mullen".

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    I wouldn't count on Pittman either. The only reason I haven't written him off completely is the supposed fact his family used to live in Florida. But if they ain't moving back here and he has no family here then I doubt he comes.