Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Candy Gram Sponsered By Alachua General Hospital

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jun 21, 2018.

1. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Candy Gram

Hello everyone. Some of this is slightly dated as I began to compile it right before I left. I did find some interesting bits of tid as you will see below. Some may have seen this and some may have not.

CFB Now‏ @CFBNW · Jun 7

Top DB units for 2018:

1. Washington

2. Michigan

3. Florida

4. Georgia

5. Clemson

6. Ohio State

7. Florida State

8. LSU

9. Texas

10. Boise State

11. Michigan State

12. Auburn

13. Miami (FL)

14. Utah

15. Penn State

CFB Now‏ @CFBNW

Top DL units for 2018:

1. Clemson

2. Ohio State

3. Michigan

4. Auburn

5. Alabama

6. Mississippi State

7. Florida

8. Virginia Tech

9. Miami (FL)

10. Georgia

11. Florida State

12. Texas

13. Washington

14. Boise State

15. Houston

Don’t look now but FSU Athletic Department ran a 2 million dollar deficit. For some comparison UF had a 20 million profits, FAU 3 mil, FIU 1.6, USF -1.2 and FAMU -.5. I rounded the numbers. How may this effect the Noles? Taggert decided not to go to the SC camp this past week. I heard it had to do with cost cutting.

With the commit of Riley Simonds UF sits at 10 commits with as many as 15 spots left. Let’s breakdown who is most likely to fill some of those spots. Remember that this is June and names will add and drop from the board.

QB: Jones, I think UF will only sign one this year, based on the numbers but it could change if someone on the roster bolts or the coaches believe they will.

RB: I have UF signing one. Trey Sanders, 5 * is at the top of the board and the Gators are a slight favorite at this time. Others on the board include among others, Mark Antony Richards 4* who is being pitched the Percy Position but is highly favoured to UM. Noah Cain 5* team mate of Sanders who is favoring Texas at this point.

OL: The staff has said they will take 5. That means two more, most likely from this list. Kiondre Jones 4* and former team mate of Emory Jones. 4 *Evan Neal and 4* Will Putnam and 4* Warren McClendon from Brunswick is also in the mix but UF is not the favorite for any of them. Jones is torn between UF and Auburn IMO, Putnam favors the noles and Neal the Canes. UF has some work to do here although a commit from Jones would do wonders. I’m also told that UF has not stopped recruiting 3* Hunter Rayburn either.

TE: The board is strong with Zipperer, Billingsley and Rae all 4*s. I believe UF will get at least one of the three and maybe two. A few days ago I would have said they really want two but with the addition of Lucas Krull, the staff may be happy with just one. As a side note on Krull, I was told that he is viewed as a potential difference maker.

DL: UF has a good start with 4* Humphries but this could be a spot of concern. UF offered UT commit Derrell Middleton and look to secure a visit. Derrick Hunter committed to the noles but is he truly off of anyone’s board? Quashon Fuller 4* nole commit took an unofficial to UF this week and will be at FNL. Fuller also said he will take an OV. 4* Nathan Pickering will OV to UF. NP loves it in Gille by all accounts but distance could play a factor. Tyler Davis 4* DT has interest but the staff does not seem to be after him that hard. (I do not know why). Renato Brown a 3* OL/DL and former Cane commit visited UF in April and UF and Bama are among those trying to get the big guy in for an OV. Lloyd Summerall a 4* SDE is looking like a UF?Noles battle. Khris Bogel is another one UF is trying to secure a visit from.

My Take: Humphies is solid. Fuller is a nole commit but is still looking. UF has to get Pickering in for a visit if they are going to have a legitimate chance to get him. Summerall is not sold on any program yet. Other names may pop up and I’ve left some off I’m sure.

LB: UF has Hopper and Abrahams. I like both. Another good one will cap the Backer class nicely. That said, I think they sign four. Let’s start with Jesiah Pierre, out of Mt. Dora and is a high 3*. If he commits you heard it here first. Marcus Tillman Jr. 4* out of Orlando and 4*Jaleel McRay are real possibilities with both favoring UF. However, if someone such as Nakobe Dean 5* out of Mississippi wanted to come, UF would make room.

DB: O my, first, if you have any thoughts that UF will not sign a good DB class let me alleviate those concerns. UF sits with Trent Whittemore as the lone DB commit, but don’t let that fool you. UF will most likely turn a very good player or two away due to numbers. Corners include Warren Burrell a high 3* out of Georgia, Jaden Davis, Kiar Elam a 4* prodigy of UF. Chester Kimbrough a 4* out of Louisiana who has UF #1.OMG Chris Steel 5* and Tyrique Stephenson out of Miami, a former UF commit to the old regime. Interesting this one is. Safety prospects include Nick Cross, Josh Sanguinetti and Briton Allen out of IGM academy originally from Orlando.

My take: As of today I would include Kimbrough, Stephenson, Elam and Burrell to finish out the DB class. But Candy what about Steel. He is a plus one and from what I’m told could end up at USCE. I hope the visit wears off and he comes back to UF.

Other Notes:

Nathan Pickering attended LSU camp this past weekend. They have a nice class shaping up. I still think Pickering has UF near the top and might choose UF. He may be one of those kids that distance matters.

LSU also hosted 4* DT and Miss State commit Charles Moore. My contact claims the LSU coaches are pitching Moore, Pickering and Sopsher playing together. Sopsher brought the whole family this weekend including his older brother who is a JUCO guy. The down side for lsu is Kardell Thomas 5* OL commit is setting up his 5 OV’s. Thomas at one time had UF a close 2nd but I do not know where he is planning to visit right now. And to be honest he is just having fun. If it were up to me, I wouldn’t even bring him in.

Nole Recruiting: Slick Willie has a good class going and we knew he was a good recruiter from the get go. I do however see that he sways kids and then they waiver. Do not get me wrong, WT will recruit well. That said, UF will flip Fuller. You heard it here first.

Canes: Richt is doing well as he should. There is a boatload of talent in South Fla as usual.

That’s a wrap

Candy

• Like Like x 8
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Any news about OL Hammond as of late. I thought we had a chance at one point but has gone quiet. Thanks Candy.

3. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 18, 2015
    Outstanding info as usual Candy! Thanks for the hard work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. candymanfromgc

Apr 3, 2007
    Don't know to be honest.

5. gatorade

gatorade GC Hall of Fame

Oct 21, 2014
    It is early but I do feel a bit of malaise is warranted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    If Krull becomes a true difference maker for us to go along with Jefferson and a couple of our speedy slot midgets....

Oh my!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. dkgator

dkgator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    What about the wide receiver board?

8. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Thanks Candy. Lots of interesting and useful information as always. I'm curious about those CFB Rankings, not that such things mean very much at this time of year.

My one question is: Can Krull block?

You note several possibilities at multiple positions, most of whom are not thought to be Gator leans, but then, was Jaelin Humphries a Gator lean? You suggest that he's a somewhat solid commit.

My guess is that if the season plays out with the Gators performing well on Offense, Defense and Special teams, that this might well influence some who aren't Gator leans to become leanier. But then who knows, after all, this is the insane world of recruiting.

Thanks again, as always.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  9. candymanfromgc

Apr 3, 2007
    Pickerimg committed to home state Bulldogs after I posted.
    Sorry I left out the WR board.
    With two on board, I'm of the opinion UF will sign 4. The other two spots could be filled by 4* Micah Pittman, John Dunmore or Rashean Lynn.

10. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    A lot of mock classes I see on the interwebs suggest that he is not being pursued by the Big 3 in Florida despite his lofty rankings, similar to Jaquaze Sorrells who committed to Oregon, but is still trying to impress the Big 3 to stay closer to home.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. incoldblood

incoldblood GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2016
    Hard to believe Bama is not ranked among the top 15 db units with their insane recruiting.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. hobegator

hobegator VIP Member

May 16, 2017
    Very creative getting AGH for a sponsorship

13. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    I used to live in a house on sw 3rd very close to AGH. Could see it from my front yard. A lot of people remembered it because our house was light blue with red shutters and white trim with boat oars and buoys hanging from the 2nd floor exterior. I loved that house

• Like Like x 1
  14. candymanfromgc

Apr 3, 2007
    My first child was born there. It was back in the days of the Lamaze classes and I went to change into my gown, mask etc and got locked in the dressing room and almost missed the birth.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. candymanfromgc

Apr 3, 2007
    NOTE: Some rumblings in nole land:ninja2: about Fuller.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He needs to come to Gainesville and get his Quash on.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Good for us?

Let me say this ceiling very very high.

18. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    I was born there. Dad?

:)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. brainstorm

brainstorm VIP Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Fleming Island
    There is very little video on him. He missed a good bit of last season with an undisclosed injury. I didn't see enough to know how good he may be. I do know schools like UFS and UF like him and some posters seem to like Fuller over Hunter.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yup. I sense a flipper coming on.