Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Candy Gram 5/29/18 sponsered by Farmers only Dot. Com

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, May 29, 2018.

1. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    OK, long time no post. Please except my apologies, that One, I have been under at the job and two , only so much info to give but here goes.

Where is UF in recruiting? I think petty well over all.

UF has 8 commits. I do like the guys UF has thus far, ratings withstanding.

Let’s look at where we are and where I think we shall go. What UF will sign on the offensive side of the ball.

QB: 1

RB: 1

TE: 2

OL: 4

WR: 4

Total on Offense 12

A few weeks ago I told you guys we were on commitment watch. That was true but it didn’t happen. I was not sure why except I was told that it would happen. I know that is not what you guys want to hear but it did happen. The linebacker Hopper was a silent commit but wanted to wait until his birthday. It did happen but it took a bit longer than what we recruitnics would like. Se la vi.

So where are we right now? Actually, not too bad. UF is at 8 commits which means about 16 other guys will come on board. So Candy, who will they be? I think I know who some of them will be but also know that the staff is aiming high.

QB: Jalon Jones, I think he will be the guy. No second QB. Jones is active in recruiting others to join him and that is all we can ask.

RB: Trey Sanders, the 5* RB will IMO be in the class. The IMG RB is one of two top guys, Noah Cain being the other. UF is recruiting both but I doubt they get both. Treys brother has already committed to UF and I expect Trey to join him.

TE: UF signed the best prospect in the nation IMO last year with the signing of Kyle Pitts. That said, I expect UF to follow that up with the prospective signing of Keon Zipperer. The 4* TE is listd at *80% UF and 20% scum by 247. I will be shocked if he does not sign with UF. UF is however still recruiting others at the position.

TE #2: look for Jaheel Billingsley to join the class.

OL: this is whom I project to be in the class. OT Ethan White and OT Wardrick Wilson seem to be solid.

Whom might we see finish the class. I project William Putnam to join this class. Kiondre Jones and I think one of two either Deyavie Hammond or Cane commit Michael Tarquin

Kiondre Jones is the cousin of UF QB Emory Jones, I’m told UF has a good shot at the big OG.

Deyavie Hammond: the big guy out of IMG has visited UF and list UF in his top schools.

WR: UF has Dionte Marks committed at WR. I believe Mycah Pittman is UF’s. I do however think that UF would like to sign four. If you consider at one time UF had commits from Ladson Goolsby and Dunmore then we would be done. But alas Ladson has gone Clemson and Dunmore is thinking fsu. Goolsby is 100 % nole according to 247 so who goes with Marks and Pittman? I believe Ja Markus Weston will end up at WR but he is listed as an athlete. That said, UF is in on enough good DB’s I doubt Weston ends up there. I expect one more guy to emerge at WR.

Candy’s early projection Marks and Pittman and Weston. If there is a # 4 then he will emerge later IMO.

UF signs 12 on offense

QB Jones

RB Sanders

OL White, Wilson, Putnam, Hammond and Jones

TE: Zipperer and Billingsley

WR: Pittman, Marks, Weston

I will do defense later

Here is how other schools are doing:

UGA: Currently ranked # 6 composit with 3-5* guys. Jadon Haselwood 5 * , Nolan Smith 5 * DE, Dominic Blaylock

Bama: 24 commits including 12- 4 * guys. Whatever you may think about Alabama and I confess I think lowly of them they will continue to recruit at a high level

TA&M: 8- 4*s for Jimbo. I don’t like it but he will do well I the state of Texas.

LSU: Ranked # 2 as I write this with 1 -5 * and 4* commits.

UF is down the chart but I believe based on what I am told UF will climb the rankings and I think finish around # 6.

UF should receive a commit maybe two in the next week. And so you know I know, one on each side of the ball.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. Tito22

Tito22 GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Is Weston even staying in the class?

3. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Bama has 14 commits.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Chompsuey

Chompsuey Junior

Oct 17, 2011
    There is pretty much zero chance Noah Cain will be a Gator or any Florida school for that matter. Where he plays his senior year of high school will tell you everything you need to know. It should come out next month.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Hunter Rayburn not on our radar?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I think he is, and I think that Candy suffered a typo on the number of Bama commitments - probably should be 14 as pointed out by eastowest.

7. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Temple Terrace, FL
    Thanks Candy, we've missed you. Pretty much been limited to Notorious Notes (which are certainly fun and interesting)

Assuming Jones stays in the fold (I really like him), it's OLine, TE & WR where the needs are greatest. I'm assuming that due to the shortage of Defensive recruits this year, Lang will play DE/Buck following a redshirt.

I'll record your predictions and see how accurate you are in February. Usually, predictions made around this time turn out to be correct in 40-60% of cases, although you tend to be closer to 75%.

8. hhpgator

hhpgator Junior

Jun 13, 2017
    Thanks Candy! Not being an insider or in the know, I need summaries like this on the occasion that I pass through trying to catch up on recruiting. I wish I had more time to spend on here, but life doesn't always work out like we want it. C'est la vie!

9. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Judging by the way recruiting has gone so far, apparently we CAN be lonely at FarmersOnly.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. theghost

theghost GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2011
    DC area
    Candy, sorry to disagree but there is no way - mathematically - we can finish 6th unless we land a flurry of 5-stars and/or high 4-stars. We already have 1/3rd of our class committed and we rank 25th. We'd have to pass 19 teams? I did a break-down in another thread and I have us finishing 12th, and that's still a long-shot. I'm just being realistic and if we were off to a better start I'd have a better prediction. But w/ 1/3rd of the class in already, it's almost impossible for the points to add up to a top 10 class, much less 6th.

It appears we've lost out on Zipperer, so we're trading the 3rd best TE for 10th (if we get Billingsley). Derick Hunter is less than 50/50 at this point. Elam seems possible and so does Sanders. We very well could end up with no more than 5 of the top 50 Florida HS kids.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. G8tas

G8tas All American

Sep 22, 2008
    I can't wait to hear your opinion on Chris Steele

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DrunkenShaolin

DrunkenShaolin All American

Apr 10, 2007
    I think he meant 6th in the conference.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    I'm in close agreement with you on the offensive recruit numbers. I'm at 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE and 5 OL. After getting TE Pitts last year its hard for me to see us getting 2 top ranked TEs this year so I'm keeping us at 1 for now, numbers can always change. If we keep TE at 1 this year that allows for 1 next year. If Lang is moved to DE then that opens another spot at TE but we lose another on the DL.
    Defensively is where I expect some differences. I'll be watching for that D update hoping it helps me read between the tea leaves. You're the best we got so anything you have will be helpful. Thanks Candy!

14. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Temple Terrace, FL
    Regarding how high the Rating is, I've always considered this interesting and curious, but the key is getting a class where the long-term needs are filled by kids who can play 1st or 2nd string in the SEC successfully.

And ghost, at this point, no one is lost and no one is won. 17/18 year old kids change their minds on a dime.

15. theghost

theghost GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2011
    DC area
    Agree. And there is nothing wrong with a 12th ranked class. If it's higher we should all consider it a win. We're ranked 27th right now btw, with 1/3rd of our class already committed. Jumping 15 teams is quite an accomplishment. 12th should be okay for this year, but if/when we start looking like a real football team again I'm certain he'll crack the top 10. Until then, it is what it is (for a lack of a better expression).

16. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Possibly not. He hasn't been to campus once since his commit and I've read he may have lost interest. (I don't know for a fact that he won't be a gator obviously but signs are pointing toward no)

Keiondre Jones will be a gator if he hasn't already committed.

We have a much greater chance with Putnam now than we did a month ago.

I used to believe Hammond is 100% UF but I have heard less and less about him. (Admittedly, I've been away from recruiting for a bit)

Nate Pickering is a favorite of mine. He'll be a 5 star before signing day and he loves the coaches and Gainesville. I think he'll be UF.

Rambo will be a gator too.

Mark Richards (Wellington) 0% he's a gator.

Pittman 100% UF. Best offensive weapon at the Las Vegas camp. Rave reviews from everyone who saw him play.

Jalon is the pied piper of this class. He's recruiting his tail off for us. Well be in very good shape come signing day.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Damn brother, I thought your post was going in another direction regarding the notorious One!! Lol

I'm glad you appreciate the info. I do what I can do when I can do it!

18. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Beast. We've made his top 4 but we won't pull him from USC.

19. gatorplank

gatorplank GC Hall of Fame

Apr 25, 2011

• Like Like x 2
  20. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, I've known about his official. He took one to lsu already and told them he's not interested.

I think we'll be hard pressed to pull him from the other coast. (Even tho he's been quoted as saying UF is his dream offer) we don't get dreamers plank!