Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Cam says he left voluntarily (NSFW: Language)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 4everaGator, Apr 11, 2024.

Choose a one word title that in your opinion fits Cam Newton the best or else suggest your own!

1. Cheater

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. Narcissist

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  3. Thief

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. Opportunist

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Stud

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. Primadonna

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. Overachiever

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  8. Champion

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. Other

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkl

jkl Sophomore

Jan 9, 2013
    I remember Newton being comically inaccurate that spring game too. There was one play where he was throwing to a wide open receiver in the flat. The pass went like 6 feet over the reciever's head.

I'm not sure how he got so much better at JC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. believer

believer GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2007
    “If you can throw a laptop, you can throw a football!”

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Isn't that kinda like a coach saying there was a mutual agreement that he leave now with all of his coaches and his pay is terminated immediately, but, ... he wasn't fired?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    If only the coach and school could say what they really wanted to say.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    Who cares? An ex player who is butt hurt about not being treated as a princess, shocking.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    He’s wearing his princess outfit, treat him like a princess for God sakes

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. bperkins10

bperkins10 GC Legend

May 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Apparently he couldn't hit his target with either one. Missed the dumpster and his receivers.

8. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    He worked hard at his craft and improved. Most importantly, he went to a coach that fully embraced and supported him. Folks can say whatever they want to about him as a person, but they can’t say he ran away from the grind or took the easy route, because he went undefeated and won a natty playing a nasty SEC schedule. Something not every team can claim.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Once his troubles began on the academic side, cheating on papers and admitting it; then the athletics department could no longer shelter him. It is my guess that Cam and his family saw the writing on the wall and he chose to transfer and start over again somewhere else. Super athlete, still immature to this day though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Yes. It is wrong to misgender a person.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Tito22

Tito22 GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    The way it sounded to me was that he wasn't kicked out at all. He was going to transfer to Miss St and play for Mullen but he needed Urban to okay that transfer and he says he knew Urban wouldn't, so he went to Blinn. I don't know why he would be kicked out for stealing a laptop while at Florida. Urban kept a player who pulled an AK47 out his trunk and started kissing the sky to "make someone feel scared." I always thought Cam flunked out but maybe that isn't the case either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Lol good point. Players like Cam are the types of supremely talented/low character players Urban made it a point to recruit, and he won big with those types. Fans happily cheered for it while the team was winning championships in 2006-2008, so they can spare me with the pearl clutching in 2024 about how terrible people like Cam Newton are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. GatorBowl1969

GatorBowl1969 Senior

Jul 4, 2011
    Perhaps, but after Blinn the reality of what Cam and his father
    were after shined through. I have a friend that was on the Miss St staff and he related to me that they wanted $180k to secure Cam’s services. Miss St was more than willing but while they were figuring out a way to get them paid, Auburn swooped in with the $ and the rest is history. Alabama schools seem to have the experience and know how that poor Miss St lacked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Money funneled to Cam’s dad through a church
    SMH

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Tito22

Tito22 GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    To me all that is fuzzy. He basically said that was BS, and maybe it was but I'm positive Cam got something to go to Auburn. On a related note, they should have paid him a $1M for what he brought to that program. He carried that team and without him they are 7-5 at best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    He stole another student's term paper and turned it in with his own name on it. That should have gotten him kicked out. I know what it feels like, I had a term paper stolen too, only it was after it had already been graded. The prof left the graded papers on a chair outside of his office for pickup. (This was for a theology class at Vandy, not UF, and the prof figured his students were honorable people.) Someone took my paper. I guess the title intrigued the thief: "The Problem of Evil." That problem was exemplified by the person who stole the paper. I didn't even keep a carbon copy. I'd like to be able to read it again. I think about that every time I see the name Cam Newton. What a guy!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. KronoGator

KronoGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    But Cam said that never happened so obviously it never happened, I mean, why would he ever lie? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Crikey

Crikey GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2011
    Judging by his wardrobe, it appears that, after football, Cam has now found his true calling in life- pimping.

Thank goodness that he didn’t get to choose the uniform on game day. There can only be one Oregon Ducks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Tito22

Tito22 GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    A regular student would get kicked out, but an athlete like Cam? Urban isn’t kicking him out for that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Whether Cam was kicked out or left on his own, I would paraphrase the title of an old Roy Clark country song: "Thank God and Greyhound He's Gone."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.