Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Cam says he left voluntarily (NSFW: Language)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 4everaGator, Apr 11, 2024.

Choose a one word title that in your opinion fits Cam Newton the best or else suggest your own!

1. Cheater

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. Narcissist

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  3. Thief

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. Opportunist

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Stud

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. Primadonna

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. Overachiever

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  8. Champion

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. Other

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    NSFW Warning

In this video, Newton claims he was not dismissed from Florida (for academic cheating/the laptop incident). No he left because he wasn't getting the Cam package of 4-5 plays per game. Oh, and the kicker was he didn't receive a Championship Ring.
    This had nothing to do with his mediocre play when he was given the opportunity. In his usual potty-mouthed manner, Cam expounds how Florida overlooked his greatness and not a bit of it was his fault.
    I think he was an extremely inaccurate passer while at Florida, but in Juco while he was the man among boys, was able to hone his accuracy. He already had a great arm and was a powerful runner. That development is what produced the Heisman season at Auburn.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    So what’s the real story, was he kicked out of UF or did he voluntarily choose to pursue opportunities elsewhere? Either way it seemed to have worked out for him.

3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    He wasn’t playing and wanted to play. He probably felt he was done dirty but if he stole the laptop and cheated on tests, he may have been in the doghouse a bit too. I wouldn’t doubt he left on his own after being benched? Who knows. We don’t have much reason to not believe him other than being a thief.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Asshole top to bottom

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    It was always someone else’s fault with him.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Sounds like it still is. Freak athlete, but an asshole

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Yep, he just got into a fight this year with coaches at a kids game. Wasn’t that Cam? He dresses like he’s in love with Steven Tyler

• Funny Funny x 7
  8. savannahgator5220

savannahgator5220 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Savannah Ga.
    I won't forget Cam trucking a Vol defensive back in the Swamp. Can't remember the guy's name or find a video. Everything that happened to him after that means nothing to me. Including his time at Auburn middle school.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator

Sep 15, 2007
    OT: You made me laugh . . . Tyler sure wears some (to me) crazy stuff! Rings on every finger, bells on all his toes. LOL! :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    They’re like twins but Tyler came first so cam has to be copying him. They both look like crazy grandmas trying to be hip.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    I didn’t hear him blame anyone in that clip. He praised Tebow and all of his Gator teammates and admitted he wasn’t the most mature person at UF.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  12. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Sounds like he wasn’t happy with his lack of playing time and wanted to pursue other opportunities. Aka what almost all college kids are doing now in the transfer portal era.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Yet still felt slighted that he wasn’t getting his snaps while getting into trouble. Had he persevered and stayed, he probably still wins a national championship his senior year. Instead, as a pro , he’s still moping in interviews like his team let him down.

14. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    He said him getting in trouble wasn’t a factor for anything, he just didn’t feel like waiting his turn. Ended up winning a Heisman, a natty, being a #1 draft pick and making a hundred million in the NFL. I’d say it all worked out pretty well for him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Financially of course it did. Winning at Auburn or Florida was up to him and if he is ok with that , that’s him too. He’s always been about himself and that’s fine too. It’s his life. He will never really be part of that 06 08 family though and I think that bothers him.
    And yea, I think his lack of snaps may have been because of cheating and stealing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    He was and still is a man of low character, I'm glad he and Tebow parted ways. I think of Timmy, he always took full responsibility not just for himself but even if the team underperformed. What a contrast to the cheater; if Cam wasn't dismissed for cheating he should have been. I always thought that was the reason.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Seems he just didn’t want to weather the punishment. There’s nothing wrong with not wanting to be #2 for three years but there’s better ways to handle yourself. That 5* qb is leaving Georgia for lack of playing and Georgia fans are wishing him well. It’s all in how you conduct yourself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    That’s funny because if you ask the actual players on that team who he was out there on the field and in the locker room with like the Pounceys, Haden, Spikes, Percy, Louis Murphy etc I bet they’d consider him family. You can think what you want since it fits the convenient narrative. I’m inclined to believe him, especially the part of Urban not wanting to even speak to him because we all know what an a-hole Urban is to players who aren’t stars, it’s very on brand for him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    All lies. He was kicked out for getting caught cheating, not once, but, twice. He also not only committed a crime by taking possession of a stolen laptop, he committed another one by throwing the evidence out the window when the cops came to investigate. Newton was the anti-Tebow and his father sold him on the open market to Auburn like a bag of potatoes.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Those are the types of players Urban Meyer recruited and won with at UF tho. 60% of the roster didnt conduct themselves well. Cam fit right in lol

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.