Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

California to Prosecute Desi?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Jun 6, 2023.

1. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Maybe I give you too much credit, but I don't believe you actually think that. That's absurd

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    [​IMG]

3. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    We already knew they existed, is this is one of those protests where people call attention to something and then cant articulate what they want other than change?

4. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    A few dozen immigrants at a time. Yeah, the cities are really going to buckle under that pressure. :emoji_rolling_eyes:

5. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    You keep saying that like you think we are in a courtroom. I have no burden of proof to meet, and certainly do not have to prove anything “beyond a reasonable doubt”. I also have made no such claim as to Desantis exact level of direction. But several of the people victimized have claimed they were “tricked” (which is the crime). The destination states have noted the immigrants carried “papers from FL” (and I have no idea what that means, but the Martha’s Vinyard group as I recall had faked travel pamphlets). There are no denials that FL taxpayers fund the flights in question. The only question is if these flights were part of a criminal scheme.

My take is there is enough to issue subpoenas against the flight operators. I’d be disappointed if the feds don’t put a stop to this nonsense. If “plausible deniability” is all you can really use to defend Desantis, then that already says alot imo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Unless they can invoke RICO

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Don't specifically set up road blocks between the state and federal law enforcement specifically to harbor illegal immigrants from the federal government.

Let me guess? Still not good enough.

8. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    If you want him locked up, that burden of proof must be met.

And by your own admission, in order to prove a criminal scheme, you need to prove fraud. If there is no fraud, there is no criminal scheme.

If the "scheme" was just to ship them to Sacramento, that's not a criminal scheme because fraud has no part of it.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
  9. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Are you just saying this for yourself, or have Abbott or DeSantis made this specific demand?

10. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Ron DeSantis flew migrants to Martha's Vineyard. Why?

"States like Massachusetts, New York and California will better facilitate the care of these individuals who they have invited into our country by incentivizing illegal immigration through their designation as ‘sanctuary states...'"

Sounds like he's asking to stop advertising as a "sanctuary state."

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Plausible deniability isn't all I have.

You don't have ANY evidence of DeSantis instructing fraud. You have nothing apart from the fact that fraud allegedly occurred and you hate DeSantis so you want to pin that on him.

12. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    So you want more? Sounds good. I hope he does send more.

If it's so easy to handle it, why'd Martha's Vineyard ship them off so quickly?

13. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Did they put up billboards? That's not how that works. Its kind of a mixed message too, he's also saying they are better equipped to handle it.

14. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    The immigrants would be defrauded if they were lied to. As there seems to be corruption in how the vendors were chosen, it may also be that FL taxpayers were defrauded. But I’m sure for a team player like yourself that’s cool. I don’t expect the corrupted state to bring corruption charges.

15. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Alright, if they're too stupid to figure out the meaning of the terms (I don't think you are either, you're just being obtuse) then they can eat the consequences of this until they figure it out.

16. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Boy, you're fishing. :D

17. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Oddly, I’m not trying to “pin” anything in your new god-idol. Though obviously he is generally the impetus behind the flights. I actually just find it weird to demand “evidence beyond a reasonable doubt” of something that doesn’t seem in dispute.

I mostly just want the feds to crackdown on them so there are no more of these idiotic stunt flights. I actually don’t like seeing innocent people taken advantage of and used by politicians. A real live humanitarian I am.

18. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    If they wanted to move people, there are ways to gain support and cooperation and they could probably move far more and with less budget impact when costs are shared. Or I suppose you can try to mess with someone with your own money until they cave to you. Maybe you can catch flies with vinegar, just seems like its going to be a pointless food fight like most of American politics, because the political system cant actually do anything. And I will always bet on inertia in that setup.

19. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Ending sanctuary city policies would only hamper local LEO and lead to higher crime rates. San Francisco was the first city to declare itself a sanctuary in 1979, as their local LEOs decided not to cooperate with Border Patrol requests. The result was greater cooperation between local populations and LEOs, and a reduction in crime in the city. Why, pray tell, do people really want to end this policy? Especially when all data points to sanctuary cities being safer than non-sanctuary cities of similar size.

As for states transporting immigrants, they can do so legally with Fed permission and understanding from the immigrants where they are going and why. I don't think permissions from the Feds have to be in writing either. It can be tacit permission where the state/local government announces plans in public, and as long as the Feds don't stop them, then there will be no prosecution. I believe they announced they were moving the Martha's Vineyards immigrants publicly a day before they moved them. City/State governments also don't have to fear much from prosecution if movement is beneficial for the immigrants, such as taking them from a rural area with little resources to a nearby, larger metro area that can better care for the immigrants.

And if you believe using immigrants as political pawns, moving them at-will, and likely defrauding them in the process to change city policies, then where is your humanity? These are human beings, and should not be used in some political scheme to win votes and own da libz. Frankly, it's disgusting.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    So you don't think the impetus for changing decades of immigration policy is Ron DeSantis wasting taxpayer dollars on flying a handful of folks from Texas to California? Damn

• Agree Agree x 1