Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Cade Mays in portal

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by justinwitt07, Jan 8, 2020.

1. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Pretty much matches up with one of the two versions I've heard on Evans. I also agree with you that UGA's demise is immenent is a bit premature.

2. ncg8or

ncg8or GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    If it's not one thing it's the other...this was the year for UGA to make a championship run and they shat the bed. No SEC Championship, no playoff appearance, coaches leaving, guys leaving early, and now a bunch of guys transferring out.

In singularity these things may be unique situations/circumstances but taken on the whole they reflect an unstable program that hasn't lived up to the hype and one that many players and coaches obviously no longer find desirable. If Kirby doesn't at least make it to Atlanta next year the rumblings will grow louder...he already has a reputation for choking in big games (fake punt on 4th-and-11?!?!? :D) and now there are lawsuits, unhappy players, unhappy coaches, and the fans are growing impatient.

Kirby's been a great recruiter but a shitty coach that can't get over the hump and after a while the shitty coach part starts to affect the great recruiter part, just ask Muschamp.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    "Jamie Newman told The Athletic that among the schools he is considering are Oregon, Georgia, Washington, Miami and Maryland.

Miami and Georgia are also recruiting AJ Brown, who also is considering a return to Boston College now that the Eagles have a new coaching staff in place. Virginia also is in the mix for Brown too."

• Like Like x 1
  4. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I was about to ask that very ? Bec for a week it was posed to the public from all sides that Evans had requested his release from the loi and that he was waiting to hear if Kirby would grant it. Don’t get why it would’ve unfolded that way If it was the ass backward version that was in fact true. Absolutely none of it jives whatever the truth is.

5. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Always more to a story than what is told. A school wouldn’t look good to other recruits if they came out with a story and I’m not even sure they should.

6. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    But that’s what’s being reported In the mase case by mars. Unless they just thought they could drop that garbage to a reporter and that it wouldn’t get it that it was them that did it

7. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    P
    retty much but Kirby can’t have a press conference and call that kid a thug or pain in the ass or whatever may be the kids issues. Just a bad look.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Legend

May 30, 2007
    UGA is rabid they should put him down.

9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    His dad didn't know he was joining the Triad... Lol...

10. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep, the have a seemingly steady supply of 5* star kids to throw into that gaping hole on the side of their listing ship.

11. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Definitely premature but I do find the loss of Pittman to be HUGE though cause now I hear Broderick Jones IS going to take an OV to Arky and with Van Pran taking an OV to UF....that can hurt their OL a few years from now. Pittman IS an ELITE OL coach and Luke can be the type that use UGA for a season or two before going off to be a HC again

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Seems like a lot goin on in the span of a week or two for there to be no real smoke but...between the “self reporting” and 50k fine , Fromm leaves, same day Mays gives Kirby letter saying he’s leaving , Kirby subsequently leaks the info that Mays dad is suing athletic Dept to make kid look bad ( confirmed by Mays lawyer and reporter ). Evans by all acts asks for a release from his Loi and for a week that was the common understanding and that he just needed to be allowed to go by Kirby, then atlanta radio and possibly other outlets start pushing narrative that Evans may have had another slip up of some sorts and that they were in fact taking a moral high road and told him they didn’t want him, yet they waited a week at least to give him his release. I don’t know much about much , but I know that whole thing reeks of bs somewhere. Hellifino though. Individually or even just 2 of those would be easy to write off as an error in my bs detector. All of them , well, “alarm bells are ringing willy”. It is what it is. Unless they get shit hammered it won’t really matter much bec they’re still stacked. I just find it funny that last year dans culture and grip on the program was questioned bec of a few transfers and an unfortunate incident involving at least one dip shit (JJ) and one bystander (cs) yet this whole thing is being is being treated as “nothing to see here “

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  13. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    He could but I wonder how many schools outside of his alma mater would have ever really considered a HC in the fist place, similar to Odell.

14. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Good points. I'm just being cautious as they still have plenty of talent. Granted I doubt they will be elite on OL next year for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1