Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

BVD ailing - Part 2…..

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by davidpwrmc, Sep 21, 2021.

1. davidpwrmc

davidpwrmc Junior

Jul 4, 2010
    Southwest Florida
    Back on Sunday, BVD posted a text-based message on his channel on YouTube to tell his followers that he would not be able to do his Sunday night livestream since he wasn’t feeling up to it. He added that he would instead be doing his livestream on Monday night (last night, as of this writing).

Well, Monday night came and went…..no BVD.

I was wondering what was going on, so I checked in again on YouTube this afternoon to see if anything BVD-wise had shown up. What I found was an impromptu “apology” video from him.

He explained that he had forgotten that he was scheduled for dialysis on Monday and, as a result, felt lousy…. and that he had asked a friend to do the livestream show instead. The friend had just gotten off work, was dog tired, but said he would do the show. Then, the friend fell asleep. As a result: no show.

So, BVD felt the need to apologize to his subscribers and did it via the video. He was in obvious pain while doing the video and he even talks about the various circumstances of what’s going on medical-wise with him right now.

He’s got some serious stuff going on and he’s in big pain. And thanks to his kidney function being nil, he can’t take medications for the pain.

if you want to hear him talk about his situation, here’s the link for his apology video posted today:

Given the circumstances, I’ll definitely give BVD a pass for not doing his usual Florida week videos.

- David (Get well soon, BVD) PwrMc

• Friendly Friendly x 12
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. believer

believer GC Legend

Jun 2, 2007
    Prayers for bvd

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Vindibudd

Vindibudd Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Orlando
    Loogie warning. Holy ****.

4. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    Prayers for him.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    I hope he gets better, lives another 100 years and never sees the Vols come within 3 touchdowns of the Gators.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    He should probably avoid watching this week's game

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. sir percival harvin

sir percival harvin Junior

Oct 14, 2017
    Hate that he is going through that, Tennessee will be less fun without his input this week...Whishing him the best and hoping that he gets to narrate the next $h*t show of a Tennessee coaching search

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. davidpwrmc

davidpwrmc Junior

Jul 4, 2010
    Southwest Florida
    Another Vols-in-Tears coaching search would indeed be a doozy…..they’d probably have to go down the line of possible candidates till they got to their 17th choice.

Can you imagine their AD announcing that their new HC will be: Phat Phil Phulmer Jr.? :)

- David (Hey…it could happen!) PwrMc

• Like Like x 2
  9. davidpwrmc

davidpwrmc Junior

Jul 4, 2010
    Southwest Florida
    Holy cow! How did I end up with 151 posts? The last I looked, it was just 58 posts!

Maybe I'm the beneficiary of some reverse post purging? ;)

- David (Said in my best Jon Lovitz voice: “Yeahhhhh….that’s the ticket!”) PwrMc

10. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    That is not a healthy man. Poor guy.

11. GatorDoc74

GatorDoc74 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I’ve always liked BVD. He’s just as passionate about the Vols as we are about the Gators - perhaps even more so, since he takes the time and trouble to bare his soul on YouTube, win or lose. I can’t fault him for being a homer, or for always being hopeful that the Vols will be “back” soon. It’s part of what makes SEC football so great.

Prayers to him for an improvement in his medical condition. When we or any other fan base chants “SEC, SEC” after a big win over an out-of-conference opponent, we’re doing it for guys like BVD.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. upstategator

upstategator All American

Nov 1, 2017
    ESRD is a terrible disease. Prayers for BVD

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    That sucks, hope he gets well soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. davidpwrmc

davidpwrmc Junior

Jul 4, 2010
    Southwest Florida

Usually I’ll give the “SEC, SEC!” chant after a win over an OOC opponent, but there are a few SEC teams that I would have reservations about doing that for. UGAly is one of them… and bammer is another.

In BVD’s case, I’d give the SEC! chant for his Vols-in-Tears if they had another win in the Citrus Bowl! ;)

- David (You can’t spell “Citrus” without…..!”) PwrMc ;)

15. davidpwrmc

davidpwrmc Junior

Jul 4, 2010
    Southwest Florida
    I’ve been keeping an eye out for anything more from BVD, but so far nothing that I’ve seen. It’s been radio silence (video silence?) from him since that apology video that he put out back on Tuesday.

As of this writing, tomorrow is game day vs his Vols-in-Tears, so (as coach suggested earlier) it might be better for BVD if he skipped watching the game tomorrow. I don’t know if he could take it at this point.

Get well soon, BVD!

- David (Go Gators! Time for another W over the Team From The Land That Crest Forgot! ;) ) PwrMc

• Like Like x 1
  16. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He may need to take the game through an IV, with a tranquilizer. Get well soon, BVD!

17. GatorDoc74

GatorDoc74 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Let’s not get too cocky.

Everyone thought Alabama was going to roll over the Gators, and we know what happened last Saturday. I hope we blow out Tennessee, but no win in the SEC is guaranteed.

Even Vandy can give us fits in some years, even when they have no business doing so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Let’s beat UT first before we feel bad for them. I hope BVD gets better soon so we can have a good banter back and forth. He’s been one of the great rival fans.

• Agree Agree x 1