Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Buttiegieg...get used to having shortages American peasants.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by dadx4, Oct 21, 2021.

1. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Frankly, I much prefer a willingness to level with us about unwelcome news rather than do things like repeatedly assure us, against all evidence, that Mexico will pay for a wall.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Another day another thread with bad lip reading. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    can there actually be 1 thread w/o a trump reference?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    It hasn't attempted to overthrow our democracy. I know that's a really low bar, but one that Trump couldn't manage to reach.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Im afraid you have to live with your choices.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    Not when it's a Trumper complaining about Biden. It's like, 'dude, you're a Trumper, you forfeited your right to complain about presidents'. You people need to be told that over and over again.

• Agree x 5
    • Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Bwahahahahaha! ;):)o_O

Economy is on fire cuz Joe successfully navigated us out of the Trumpsession (not to be confused with the Trumpsucession).

Demand is up. Business is up. Dow is up. Profits are up. Employment? Up! Explains why Dad is reduced to ridiculous posts.

• Winner Winner x 3
  9. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Apparently the president personally runs the entire logistics network of the US...I mean world economy! And he screwed it up!

The things I learn here everyday.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    To quote Harry Truman the buck stops at the oval office. He wants full credit for vaccines,yet it is not his fault the gridlock on the docks.he is the president he needs to get of the dime and think of something, if he is capable.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
  11. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    Dude, you're a Trumper. Did you not notice the 4 years under Trump where he took credit for everything good and accepted no fault for anything bad? Remember that time when he said 'I don't take responsibility at all'? That was Trump's approach to his entire term.

'I don't take responsibility at all': Trump deflects blame for coronavirus testing fumble

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  12. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. slightlyskeptic

slightlyskeptic GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2021
    What has he done or said so far in an effort to try and fix the problem? Remember when Bush was blamed for Katrina?

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  15. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    A monkey could run this economy. I didn't Trump to be the pub nominee. I wanted the neurosurgeon.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  16. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    A monkey can understand how to navigate a world half stuck in a global pandemic that caused global supply shortages, domestic economy emerging from the pandemic, while dealing with domestic shortages that existed pre-pandemic that the pandemic exacerbated? That's one smart monkey. And if it's so easy, please tell me what Biden should be doing?

Bush wasn't blamed for Katrina. He was blamed for the poor job "Brownie" and FEMA did in the aftermath. The buck stops at Biden's desk now, but I'd love to hear from the monkey loving crowd what the simple fixes are.

The reality is many areas of high manufacturing shut down at different times over the past 18 months. First China. Then the US. Then India, and now, other SE Asian countries like Vietnam. This caused supply chain issues.

The problem also has roots in lean operations domestically. Being lean has kept inflation down for decades, but the balance that being lean relies on went away during COVID, and now we have more products coming in that we can handle. And this isn't a new problem. The link in the first paragraph is from a 2019 report highlighting US trucker shortages. COVID-19 made it worse as some truckers retired, and others likely found other jobs like driving for Instacart or Uber.

There is no easy fix out of this problem that any monkey is hiding. We can wait until supply chains normalize. Or companies can spend more to temporarily fix supply issues. Either way, it will mean more inflation.

What Biden could do is many loosen COVID vaccine restrictions on truckers and teamsters? Or maybe supply free, quick COVID-19 tests to those in the industry? But other than this, I'm really curious what else can be done?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Run the economy? I thought you were against government control? Instead, you sound like the reason why people turned away from government in the first place.

“The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.”
    -FA Hayek

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    We tried electing a monkey who just banged his cymbals. He ended up losing in a landslide to an really old guy.

6F5A6B42-0BDB-4D10-ACAE-16EC8AFD9B14.jpeg

19. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    The first tenet of libertarianism, is to have a command and control economy with all Wallyworld supply chain logistics run through the federal government. Do you know nothing?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1