Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Burch’s mom won’t let him send in signed NLI

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by twodaparty, Feb 6, 2020.

1. GoCocks3877

GoCocks3877 All American

Nov 14, 2015
    It’s ultimately up to the kid, not the parent.

Muschamp being gone by mid season? Sure, but so could a lot of college coaches..

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. GoCocks3877

GoCocks3877 All American

Nov 14, 2015
    BTW I’ll also add former Gator Mike Peterson had a huge impact on Jordan coming to South Carolina. Mike is growing as a recruiter and a coach.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. raygravesghost

raygravesghost All American

Aug 13, 2019

Really? I don't know about your family but in most families its a decision made WITH the parents...

A lot of coaches had their boss say this about them last season?

South Carolina president: 'Muschamp is my coach ... through the end of the season'

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GoCocks3877

GoCocks3877 All American

Nov 14, 2015
    Kinda like how Cam Newtons dad tried to sell him off to the highest bidder? You think he should be parent of the year? Many of these families are in it for themselves $$$$ especially these kids who are high profile players.

Unless he starts 0-5 he’s not getting fired mid season.

5. raygravesghost

raygravesghost All American

Aug 13, 2019
    What does Cam Newton's father's actions have to do with whether or not parents should be involved in their child's decision to attend college?

There are THOUSANDS of athletes recruited every year and because you can name a handful of incidents like Newton it means that parents shouldn't be involved in their child's life?

I guess you came to that conclusion because everyone knows that universities & college football coaches would never screw over a player right?

Your comments are ridiculous in this regard

On the other topic...

I personally like Muschamp but lets be serious...the main reason why he still has a head coaching gig is because of the ridiculous buyout
    that he got from USCe

The future of Will Muschamp may be rooted in his past
    The buyout

Arguably the biggest reason you might find Muschamp on the Williams-Brice sidelines again in 2020 is his buyout. If Muschamp is fired before Dec. 31, the university will have to pay him $19.4 million on his way out. While that amount isn’t completely unpayable, the surprising aspect of the buyout is how high it is for a guy who was fired from his previous head coaching job.

Muschamp’s contract buyout is higher than Virginia Tech head coach Justin Fuente’s ($15 million), Illinois head coach Lovie Smith ($4.6 million) and Missouri head coach Barry Odom ($1 million). All of those coaches were hired the same year Muschamp got his job at South Carolina. Muschamp’s buyout ranks fifth among SEC head coaches, ahead of Florida head coach Dan Mullen ($12 million) and LSU head coach Ed Orgeron ($7.75 million). LSU currently sits at number one in the college football playoff poll, Florida at number 11. Muschamp has beaten Florida just once in his four years at South Carolina.

Gamecocks looked at last season's coaching musical chairs and chose not to be involved...

Could USCe have beaten out Miss St for Leach or Ole Miss for Kiffin? Maybe ...but not a sure thing
    They wouldn't have beaten out FSU for Norvell...wouldn't have beaten Baylor for Aranda

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    With TOG losing all of his coaches... looks like mama did know best.