Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

Broncos release Jeff Driskel...

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Juggernautz, May 3, 2021.

1. Juggernautz

Juggernautz Don't tread on me! VIP Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Yulee, FL
    IF a certain quarterback gets traded in the near future, the Broncos are the most likely destination.

But for now, Denver is cutting one of the passers on its roster.

Broncos release Jeff Driskel

2. librarywestpatron2005

librarywestpatron2005 Sophomore

Jun 29, 2020
    Amazing that he played in the NFL after his mediocre performance at Florida. That final season at LT made him millions.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 18, 2015
    5 years and total career earnings of $4.65 M. Not too shabby. Hopefully he set some of it aside, and maybe finds another gig.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    When you have a big arm and look the part, you get to prove that you don't belong. He lasted a lot longer than I expected. Good for him. Now will Franks last longer? Methinks no.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    He'll get picked up by another team for training camp, experienced backup QBs always find work.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    Maybe he can finally go play for urban

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Still amazed that all of Muschamp's quarterbacks played in the NFL but couldn't find success at UF. How do you waste that much talent?

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  8. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    It’s not amazing and it wasn’t his final season.

Again, I hate to “I told you so” but I guess I don’t too much because here I am.

After we would lose because he did something in that pitiful offense(s), I used to say, “he will be playing on Sundays” and EVERYONE used to dog on me.

laughing and making fun and I said watch. It was almost meemable around here to make fun of me for saying it. Then he got took, then he was playing well, and who knows what his career would have been if he wasn’t Muschamped, but kid had grit and some of the rawest true talent we’ve ever seen here.

THATS how bad Muschamp and friends were.

Clue: it helped that I knew a scout who told me every scout was still watching him from almost every team in the country.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Well, the reason they never got much play is because he was always trying to figure out how to make them linebackers and safeties.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    A very bad case of micromanagement

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Thats putting it nicely

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. believer

believer GC Legend

Jun 2, 2007
    I am in the camp of people who think, being from Georgia, muschamp came here with bad intentions. It’s the only explanation

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    I get the sarcasm, but my 2cents, the guy just couldn't wrap his head around today's game. His play it safe mantra doesn't fly in today's game. Nor was he able to build a roster to fit his style of football. And while at UF, he never truly realized he was the head coach rather than the DC.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    I think he's just an asshat with sh!t for brains.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    I don't know, he was drawing multi million salaries from 3 employers simultaneously, he must have had some smarts!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. gator1gear

gator1gear Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Hiram, Ga
    I truly hate when people beat around the bush instead of just saying what it is they wanna say!

• Funny Funny x 5
  17. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    I'm not sure if asshat is fitting. I'd go hothead. I think he's got a lot of brains, just none offensive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Hot head, with an asshat. He failed at all aspects of being a head coach, at two universities. What a miserable excuse for a head coach, a borderline fraud. How do universities gamble so much money on losers like him? It is baffling.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    I do agree its baffling, also was a headscratcher when usc hired him. A fraud and asshat just aren't the descriptions I'd use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    I don't believe that Jeff was fully developed in High School or at UF. The first time he got any actual QB coaching was at Louisiana Tech, where he flourished... more yards in one year there than in the previous three at UF combined. He always had the physical talent to play the game. He showed his worth on the back fields of the pro teams he played on, to the point where, at times, he was actually holding a valuable 53-man roster spot while playing with the scout teams.

When he was at UF, I worked with someone very close to Jeff, and, I heard the stories every week in the hallway about the mismanagement from the coaching and coordinator positions. You wouldn't believe some of it if I told you.

Jeff is an outstanding human being that didn't get treated right by the staff here, or by the fans for that matter. The school actually had to move people from their season seats because the fans were so rough on Jeff's family in the stands. Despite that, he has never spoken anything but good words about UF since he left. Jeff is truly a class act.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    • Like x 6
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1