Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Brian Johnson Interviewing with Boise State?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorKenW, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    A designed play where the play lines up backwards? Go back and look at the 2019 Gators FSU game in Gainesville. And he's been pretty good at Arkansas with ZERO real talent to boot. I think Briles is his own man, and has nothing to do with his father's personal behavior. You're argument here is the weakest of your post.

All I am saying is that this young Man, Kendal Briles, is an up and comer and he has the type of hurry-up quick paced offense that the Gators have been promised for ever... but never has any our our coaches delivered on.

Did you notice how that fast paced offense flustered Bama when Ole missed used it on their huge/fat. De-line? Yes, that was another team with another OC, but Arkansas was the second least talented team in the SEC and they still did well enough to look forward to next year.

And Like I said before, maybe Kerwin Bell is a better fit. Who knows... all I can say is that I've seen Briles coaching in bog boy football not KB. KB might be what's best... I want the proven younger Briles out of the OC that I have seen coaching.

2. denny_crane

denny_crane All American

Apr 14, 2007
    He was up to his eyeballs in the Baylor scandal, but dad took the fall.
    FAU coach Kendal Briles accused of using sex to get recruits to Baylor

I have also had a conversation about him with someone who played at one of the 5 schools in 5 years that he's been at. If you had that conversation, I think you'd take a pass too.

Right now, with CDM in charge, there is no use going after a top tier coordinator. Dan is running the offense. Just plug someone in with some familiarity of how he likes things done.

Maybe Briles changes. Sark did. I haven't heard much since the Arkansas move, but for me, there are too many other options that fit better. Who knows, maybe Saban takes him as OC and makes him some $$.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Mullen knows nothing about the hurry-up/no huddle offense. At least he's never shown much of it for more than a couple of plays in a row. I think a young OC like Briles could make both coaches better.

4. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Good for Johnson. I think this guy is a real up and comer. would hate to lose him but also would be extremely happy for him to get the Boise State Job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. G8tr69

G8tr69 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    Good experience for him to go through the interview process. Don’t think he is ready yet though. :eek:

6. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    He might not be such a long shot there. That’s exactly the type of place I would think may have to take that chance if they ever want a premier guy like he could turn out to be. It would be a great place to prove himself if he ever were to land a job like being the gators hc.

7. denny_crane

denny_crane All American

Apr 14, 2007
    Mike Leach
    If thats what you like. Baggage outweighs the benefit with him. And habits, before Arkansas, haven't changed. Trust me on this one.

8. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Legend

Mar 26, 2017
    Imagine checking both the "he coached here before" and "HC of an orange and blue school" boxes. That would be a slam dunk hire on the message board coach evaluator scorecard.

9. gatorskater

gatorskater GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Busy vacationing with Mullen?!!?

10. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Hell to the no on briles. That guy just wreaks sleaze-ball.