Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Brewster to Florida

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by devincdoss, Feb 6, 2020.

1. brodiejordan

brodiejordan Freshman

Feb 23, 2020
    Brewster gets it: "we've got to put stakes in the ground. That fence has got to go up...we need to make sure that [Kirby] understands we're going to fight him tooth and nail for the greatest resource in the state of Florida, and that's the high school kids here. And just make sure that he understands and send that message on a daily basis, that we're here and we're going to protect our own."

And because he hired Brewster specifically for this reason, that means Dan gets it too, and is finally willing to do something about it. I just listened to the podcast and he sounds amazing. Just his salesman ability (in a good way) and the way he talks with genuine excitement, and belief, about the University of Florida and Coach Dan Mullen. He literally talks about “closing deals” in reference to him and Mullen going in-home with kids and getting them to commit. He’s got salesman in his DNA, and that’s what we've been missing. And some people say recruiters don’t matter. Some guys just have that special ability & some guys don't. I.E Greg Knox/Ron English

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    are you nateeight5 and/or chaseizwright over there on 247 cause this post is the same one(s) i just read over there???

3. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    I mean he should feel buried because he is buried on the depth chart lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Langs future isnt at TE. Not terribly athletic or fast and his hands are made of rock. Hell take up a roster spot for 3 years and get his degree. Thats a wrap on him.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    I just wondered if he might be one of the guys that might consider other options, not that I'm hoping he does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. brodiejordan

brodiejordan Freshman

Feb 23, 2020
    Agreed. That Drop on that bubble screen pass from Toney vs FSU, sealed his fate. Straight eye sore. That I never want to see again. Another low rated recruit from the McElwain Era smh.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    That was painful. I thought the same thing when I saw it. I was hoping we would blow the game open even more and put half a hundred on them at that point. I thought when I saw the drop on such a specially-designed play that this is why we haven't seen him much.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Every class will have low rated recruits

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. brodiejordan

brodiejordan Freshman

Feb 23, 2020
    Yup. They had him running DE in bowl practices.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah unfortunately thats all i can see when i think of lang. At least when youre given a chance to make a play...make the play. That was drawn up specifically for him to get his feet wet and instead he wet the bed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    We still could have put 60 on them that night because Mullen called the dogs off at 40 points with about a quarter and a half to go. He knew the defense was zeroed in and just destroying fsu at that point. Myself? I wanted at least 50 on them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. brodiejordan

brodiejordan Freshman

Feb 23, 2020

You don't how bad I wanted to put 60+ on those Ninnyhammers from the panhandle. 40-17 left a bad taste in my mouth like the Virginia game. I need the Spurrier, arrogant, rub it in your face gators back. Florida football just has to have a certain look for me to be satisfied. I need 70-0 blowout victories. Not foot off the gas. I need all gas no breaks. I want to hurt your feelings. I want you to remember me.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Yes, but there is a difference between low rated recruits and low, low rated recruits. When you look at the bottom of the '20 class and compare it to the bottom of McElwain's '15 class, we see how far we have come in filling our classes. There are some players on that '15 team that have given our team their sweat and blood and should be commended, but past the top 6 players in that class, it would be hard to make a case that any would have had a commitable offer in the '20 class. Not all low rated recruits in classes are comparable regardless of the ranking by the recruiting services.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. brodiejordan

brodiejordan Freshman

Feb 23, 2020

Majority of the recruits over the past decade, wouldn't have even sniffed an offer under Urban. Good for them for having their dreams realized, but other than that they had no business playing at UF. We were going through the dark ages that FSU is currently going through. & Thank God those days are over. That 2010 class, is the best ever. & that's the Gator Standard. So I've completely wiped that past decade from my memory bank. It never happened.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    yes but still..every class has low rated recruits and that's my point. This logic would lead some to say we were foolish to recruit guys like Polite, Joseph, Jawaan Taylor, etc. Jachai Polite would be our 2nd lowest rated recruit and Jawaan Taylor would be our worst rated incoming recruit. All i'm saying, is every class has low and even "Lowly" rated recruits some years. Nothing more, nothing less

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. doctorg8r

doctorg8r Junior

Dec 11, 2018
    Speaking of low-rated, does anyone know how 2-star athlete, Jaylin Jackson is progressing? I thought he might be the next KT.

17. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Man idk cause i thought the same thing too. I dont think he'll amount to much now tbh

18. rball1313

rball1313 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You know this because you played how much college football?

19. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    Agree, but, I still left the game with a big smile on my face. FSU couldn't get out of their own way. Most undisciplined, disorganized, poorly lead time I've seen in a long time. Must be really embarrassing to be a seminole right now.

20. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    The glitter must seem just a little less shiny right now