Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Braves clinch NL east

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by justinwitt07, Sep 5, 2019.

1. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I’ve lived through all the ups and downs with my braves. My first memory ever is of being at the game Circa 1982( this was back when dozens of people used to go and chief knockahoma was posted up tee pee and all , people smoking weed in the stands and at times there were more employees than fans ) and have been to several hundred in my life. Side note we will always like going to the ted better , something about goin to Cobb county to watch my atlanta braves that just makes my brain ooze out of my ear but I digress. I could be wrong but this team just seems special. So here’s to hoping that my 24 year wait is finally coming to a close and we can bring back home that hardware. It’s simply the best looking trophy in sports preceded by the best celebration in sports( doesn’t get better than a good dog pile). I know this is left field in a gator forum but I also know most long time Floridians are true braves fans from way back in the days of the super station , the murph and those clean ass baby blue uni’s. What I wouldn’t give for a dog pile

• Like Like x 1
  2. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Why is this posted in this forum?

It is not about how bad fsu sucks.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I’m a renaissance man and find it keeps me sharp to maintain 2+ thoughts simultaneously. Sometimes I get real frisky and watch multiple games at a time , even multiple sports if I’m feeling real dangerous

4. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    There is a forum for baseball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CalGator

CalGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    In before the move to the baseball forum.

GO WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE BRAVES!!!!!!

6. gocartmozart

gocartmozart Sophomore

Apr 10, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. NitroSmoke

NitroSmoke GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Send this on over to DGs and we will take it from there.

8. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    That’s so my guy

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Indont
    i don’t know how to move it or even if I can but whatever y’all need to do

10. GatorHighlights

GatorHighlights GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2009
    Nats baby.

• Like Like x 1
  11. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't see an fsu sucks thread by you

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. NitroSmoke

Apr 9, 2007
    Our offense seems special - and I hope we finally fixed our 8th and 9th inning. But our middle relief is not consistent. And that is being nice. This series and the Phils next week will tell us alot about who we are. If Max and Julio can pitch well games 1 and 3 - I feel good about Dallas and Mike in the 2nd and 4th. Folty has started to pick it up lately too.

As far as The Ted vs Suntrust. No brainer for me. Suntrust all day. Love the Battery and its nice not having to deal with all the riff raff that APD had allowed around The Ted the last few years. It had really become a problem. So much so that we started going to the Rome Braves instead of going downtown.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Oh yea Cobb is a million times nicer. I’m a south side of atlanta kid and grew up in and around atlanta so I’ve always enjoyed the grittier side of it. Those are my people. Parking is awful at sun trust but your right it’s top shelf in game day experience. I’ve just always loved being in and around atlanta. We’re in Peachtree city so commute to Cobb is a nightmare

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    Braves fall under my "can't stand any sports team from Georgia" rule. Loved watching them in the 90's though. I also love Atlanta itself and thinks it gets a bad wrap. We go to Atlanta for a long weekend here and there when we get the chance. We also never pass through. We get off on the exit and at least have a meal.

15. NitroSmoke

Apr 9, 2007
    Im in Dallas/Acworth so it was the same for me in Atlanta. Hence the trips to Rome. Plus you cant beat $4 tickets and cheaper beer. LOL

They HAVE to fix the parking situation at Suntrust. But I dont really see how they can. With the Battery taking up so much space - it really knocked the options for parking down significantly. With no tailgating allowed in most parking areas - it takes away from the game day experience you could have at The Ted.

16. NitroSmoke

Apr 9, 2007
    As a side - and not to derail this - but GSU has really done a lot to improve the area down there now that they took the joint over. One of my son's best friends plays there and they are building football dorms down there a couple blocks from the stadium. It needed a face lift and Im glad GSU is doing that. We were planning on going to the home opener this weekend but had some other stuff come up where thats not possible. Was pretty cool watching them knock off UT in Knox last weekend.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    We need markakis back in the line up , Dansby to find his stride again. In a perfect world we could work Reilly back in and hope he’s ironed out his woes. I’m really interested to see what kind of ball player waters is. He’s supposed to be the goods. Future is bright I hope. After years of frank wrens turrble moves , cop and hart along with Alex seem to have this thing built correctly. Ozzie is prob my fav Freddie not withstanding but I realize how transcendent acuna has the potential to be but I’ve gotta say I need that kid to hustle. Can’t stomach having a manny machado type , Bobby woulda lost his mind

18. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Agreed. Ga state has really come up. I was dreading the thought that the ted was just gonna sit there for a generation at the Grady curve and become a post apocalyptic scene. Yea I saw where they were breaking ground on those dorms. Lotta metro kids go there , makes sense that they should be moving up like this

19. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    We had some family out that way ( Dallas ). My best friend lives out past that in temple too. It’s nice out there , quiet. I’m hoping we can keep fayette county nice. I’m originally from Clayton, that poor place

20. mynamesaaron

mynamesaaron Freshman

May 8, 2019
    Agreed on most of what you've said, but this seems unfair. Dude is aggressive on the bases, runs out his ground balls, a few doubles on balls where he had no business getting to second and makes routine plays close or even beats them out. I don't think one bad moment should be held against him.

I miss the Ted too. I think it's just nostalgia because the battery/stp is objectively better, but I loved Turner Field.

Go Bravos.

• Agree Agree x 1