Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Brandon Boston Recruitment Update

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by gatorjjh, Jul 12, 2019.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Kentucky basketball recruit Brandon Boston schedules official visit
    Matthew Bain, Des Moines Register
    Considered a one-and-done talent in 2020, Boston released his top four schools in May — Kentucky, Duke, Florida and Auburn — and then added Oregon a couple weeks ago. The Wildcats have generated a lot of buzz in this recruitment in recent months, and Boston’s newly scheduled official visit is the latest example.

Kentucky will likely try to land a commitment from Boston, a product of Norcross High in Georgia, during his visit. There’s no indication from Boston that will happen, though.

“I don’t even know. Probably late in the game,” he said of when he might commit, adding that he doesn’t know if he’ll commit by the November signing period. “I ain’t gonna lie, it’s been stressful. I’m just trying to see where best fits me.”
    Kentucky basketball recruit Brandon Boston schedules official visit

2. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    There was Dallas, from Phoenix; Cleveland - he was from Detroit; and Tex... well, I don't remember where Tex come from.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. toddrl

toddrl All American

Jan 22, 2019
    Not UF

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Louisville_Gator

Louisville_Gator Freshman

Mar 15, 2012
    Are we in serious contention for any 5 star/McD players for 2020 class? I know we’ve made top 10/5 for a few but seems like we aren’t the favorites for those thus far.

5. diamondted13

diamondted13 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 1, 2008
    We seem to be in strong contention
    for Jalen Suggs according to toddrl.

6. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Mike will probably sign him, just to keep Kentucky from getting him.

Karma is a bitch.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    Bunch of people think he's going to Duke.

8. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I know nothing about the recruiting game, but just based on recent history I would guess Duke. Five years ago I would have guessed UK.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    Jaden Springer

• Like Like x 2
  10. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    Well that may change as the NCAA hands out the death penalties to Arizona, Auburn, UCLA, Oregon and Louisville. LOL

I feel the NCAA should ban any school from the tournament automatically, if they are involved in any recruiting scandals for at least one year. Then additional penalties scholarships taken away, probation and other hand slaps are added. That would help with recruiting over these programs that are dirty.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. toddrl

toddrl All American

Jan 22, 2019
    UNC likely. And tbh, 5* top 25 kids are great, and I think we'll get our fair share, even if not every recruiting cycle. The key for us will be consistently landing top 50-75 kids that fit our system and develop them, and also look for opportunities to get impact transfers that fit our system. I think 18/19 classes have shown we can do that, and 20 class will as well IMO. And once we get Scottie drafted in the 1st rd we'll check the last box other staffs use to negative recruit us on the trail. Lots to like about where we are currently as a program but more importantly where we are trending.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    I agree and will go even further. For anything but really minor infractions, postseason bans should be for multiple seasons, 3 or more. You ban a program for 1 year and a high school kid thinks, "No big deal, they'll be back in the tournament my first year." If it's a 3-year ban, the kid probably looks elsewhere. Now you're starting to hit the program where it hurts.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. 33hoop

33hoop GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Lots of talk about the NCAA changing the rules on transfers so that may not be something to count on going forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I believe you’re thinking of Tex Colorado. You know, the Arizona assassin. He was from Dakota. I don’t remember if it was North or South though.

15. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Should UF do well in the regular season it is exciting to think what it will mean for recruiting.

Was nice to take KB (As a graduate transfer) away from KY, imagine if we can get a guy like Boston away from them, Rupp's Rafters would explode!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. toddrl

toddrl All American

Jan 22, 2019
    They'll always be sit out transfers like Duruji and Appleby

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Legend

Apr 23, 2014
    Will be interesting. Essentially the NCAA is trying to limit a players options (1 year scholarship, no jobs outside or making money off your likeness, no transfer like other students, no straight to the NBA), while not committing to the player with a four year scholarship (imagine if Zion had blown out his knee). Either schools have to commit to players (and their academics - ie, four year scholarship is yours) or I doubt NCAA restrictions on transfers will hold up in court. The NCAA will probably screw it up as usual.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Much of the problem is not with the NCAA. It is with the NBA. One and done is not due to the NCAA, but is something coming from the NBA. Just because team owners were so stupid to draft kids that could not play trying to get the next Kobe or LeBron they decided that they would not draft them and make them play a year in college or go overseas to see how good they really are.

And if a kid wants to cash in early going to Europe is a viable option. More kids should do that instead of going to Duke or UK.

• Agree Agree x 1