Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Boston College LB commit Trevin Wallace; is he on our radar??

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bobbybaker86, Nov 13, 2020.

1. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Shouldn’t need him by now. But whatever I guess.
    Hard to fathom but I guess that’s reality. Poor guy, we need him and he’s a huge talent- all Gator. Shame. I almost feel like considering him a “once a Gator” even if he never makes it to UF. I guess the staff was busy chasing other non quals.

2. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I hate it when a student - athlete "thinks" or is told all is good to get in then suddenly up pops: You need this one course. Huh?

I know a student athlete who played in college, came to last year in spring sport, took the "Advisor's" advice to graduate, then was told at end of semester, sorry you have to take Course X which is not offered again till next fall. Sorry, your "advisor" was wrong.

Or the high school kid, told after making it thru SAT/ACT and GPA and is told sorry, that math class will not work, you need one more.

It is a moving target to get in and to graduate for so many students who spend so much time on a sport to actually go to college. Unlike the non-athlete who actually has far more time for those matters.

3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    If my employee made those types of mistakes I’d fire his ass.

4. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    This one is not on the staff from what I've been told and it has happened to every staff at UF that I can remember.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    In regards to Wallace, I'm also told not to expect him in the class.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. ozgatorfan

ozgatorfan Junior

Apr 12, 2007
    If he could pass that algebra class he’d be in. We all knew that, no secret.

• Informative Informative x 1