Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Booker Commits to Bama

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jul 16, 2021.

1. beachgator23

beachgator23 GC Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    For those of you thinking the sky is falling please take a look at 247's Roster Talent page.

Bama - 6 (5 star) 45 (4 star) - 51 blue chips
    UGA - 15 (5 star) 35 (4 star) - 50 blue chips
    UF - 5 (5 star) 39 (4 star) - 44 blue chips
    Clemson - 7 (5 star) 27 (4 star) - 34 blue chips
    Miami - 0 (5 star) 34 (4 star) - 34 blue chips
    LSU - 4 (5 star) 28 (4 star) - 32 blue chips
    FSU - 0 (5 star) 23 (4 star) - 23 blue chips

The UF roster is full of blue chip athletes. We out talent most other programs in America.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    nobody is saying UF doesn’t have talent. We’re saying to take the next step we need a bit more of high end immediate impact guys

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Think this. We wiffed on Leatherwood and Neal. In 2020, our OL could have been L to R-
    Leatherwood, White, Heggie, Reese/Braun/Neal/Gouraige. That OL could have protected Trask much better and Run the ball better.

4. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    an issue i think can be used against the staff is that they haven’t shown to be unbiased and play the best players regardless of class. No way that Delance, Marco, Stiner, etc should have kept being starters or getting the bulk of the snaps. Only 4 of our true freshmen got EXTENDED snaps last year when you could make a case more should have and also continuously playing Houston at LB when Hopper should have gotten more burn too. Recruits see that

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Think this. The NCAA whiffed on providing a level playing field for all schools. If they hadn't, we'd probably have close to 10 nat champs. Pointless to ruminate about such things.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. beachgator23

beachgator23 GC Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    While I agree to an extent... you are basically saying if we don't out Alabama Bama then there is no way we can take the next step? Georgia has won 31 games over the past 3 years UF 29. Georgia has cloned the Bama blue print but it remains to be seen if it will lead to championships for them. Residing in the SEC East, if Mullen can evolve as a coach and create a more consistent and higher level atmosphere in Gainesville, UF can Clemson the SEC as opposed to Bama-ing it. Remains to be seen.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Nicho

Nicho GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    For those hanging their hat on us playing Bama close last year, that means very little. Vandy has historically played the Gators close, even in our most dominant seasons, but they nevertheless remain an SEC bottom dweller. There are no moral victories.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  8. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    One thing I am absolutely confident in Mullen is offense.

We heard great things about the Alabama Shark Necromancer, but he couldn't do it. He lacked the creativity that the best have. Not him, not Cheeseburger Charlie, not anyone since Spurrier. Hell, even OC Mullen with his two national titles can hold a flame to current Mullen. The guy has totally stepped up his game.

I've said it before and I won't get into it again, but Kirby offers nothing but a weak pulse on the sidelines. He's a recruiter and nothing else.

There was a series of plays back in 2018(?) with Franks that opened up my eyes on Mullen. He got everyone slowly inching up to the LOS on a drive with scheme. They went standard defense, to inching up, like they were waiting for a bunt. Just alignment and play calls. Then boom, a RB (?) went to the shallow and then hustled up the field at full stride and caught a huge bomb. I was like, Christ that is criminal. It was the instant I saw the guy had it locked in for offense. That's the IT factor that separates great teams from dynasties.

Alabama has their edge. We have ours. We're not there yet, but we have that edge. That puts us in a different category, IMO

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Sure as hell beats what happened the last couple times we played them.

10. Nostradamus

Nostradamus VIP Member

Sep 18, 2015
    Solid post and I totally agree. Mullen the OC is the best in the game. Mullen the HC has some room to grow in his role as CEO. IMHO he’s at his ceiling until he makes some difficult staff decisions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. GatorMatt06

GatorMatt06 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 4, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    I’ll agree with you there, very creative and the adaptation between offense with Feleipe and offense with Trask was ridiculous.

What makes Mullen special is he’s constantly trying things to break free, even setting up teams with a look so they bite, then exploiting that with a different play. Then when he does break through, you see him go back to it a few times. UGA is so salty about getting schooled with wheel route over and over.

But this is a recruiting forum and though you can slice the data many ways that are favorable, we have deficiencies in the trenches and consistently at safety that are hard to ignore and difficult to see improvement on the horizon. Muschamp had some monster classes but we know how unbalanced his recruiting was and how it hurt over time. You can’t build an entire roster of elite DL and DBs.

12. beachgator23

beachgator23 GC Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    For being such a good OC, Mullen does throw in a mulligan per year or so. Missouri 18 Georgia 19 LSU 20 come to mind.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. akaijenkins1

akaijenkins1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida had 600 yards of offense against LSU last season.

Three turnovers (one of which was a one in a billion play) and a shoe toss were to blame there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    terrible red zone/goal line playcalling. Especially the first drive

End around to Damien freakin Pierce

2nd down run with Pierce to the 3

Fake shotgun run w/Trask then throw a slant that was snuffed out

4th down run up the gut with Malik Davis

then with 7 minutes left with 1st and goal at the 5, throws 3 straight passes

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. okcgator

okcgator All American

Sep 24, 2015
    Dayton
    Well then friend you are in luck since we got our first IMG enrollee last cycle with Kamar Wilcoxson.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Looks genius when it works lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    this is the academics players talk about when doing recruiting interviews. As someone mentioned in prior post, he education is secondary but will a program help them stay qualified,,,that is important.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    lol true indeed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. ozgatorfan

ozgatorfan Senior

Apr 12, 2007
    First and last at this rate. California might prove more promising.

20. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    Ha Ha, Larry Ochab QB on a winless Gator team, I still have the memories in the swamp. I am sure the SEC opponents were laughing at us. So you are right, it could much worse!