Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Booger is very pro Texan

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by shane4three, Jan 4, 2020.

1. antny1

antny1 GC Legend

Dec 3, 2019
    Where in Alaska?

2. bobcatgator

bobcatgator Sophomore

Nov 24, 2011
    Booger = Beth Mowins

3. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    There are those that are hard working people and then there's the paycheck collectors.

4. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I hate when they do the booth shot and I’ve gotta pretend not to be looking at his flicted broke finger.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Was wondering if I was the only one looking around thinking did I just hear the ish I thought I just heard. Maybe we can throw in some Ali and Ruth comps for good measure
    :-/

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  6. mcorsair15

mcorsair15 GC Legend

Sep 2, 2018
    He does make some ridiculous plays though. Him spinning out of a sandwich tackle just isn’t natural. It was his first playoff win in the pros so agree he needs to do
    A lot more, and who can argue his college resume? He was the first to dethrone satan and the tide so he’ll always be special in my mind

7. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Win a couple of championships. I love Watson but honestly if a call or two would not have went against Buffalo yesterday he still would be winless in the playoffs.

Hope to God he and his guys beat Kansas City next week as so tired of media and fans crowning Mahomes as the greatest. I think NFL teams are starting to figure out Mahomes what some of the media don’t realize is this guy has more weapons than anybody I’ve ever seen.

8. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Denver
    Kenai Peninsula

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. gatorPUNX

gatorPUNX GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    dabo said that, the announcers were just delivering that quote

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. antny1

antny1 GC Legend

Dec 3, 2019
    I get that but they doubled down on it when they said that's why Dabo said it. Also couldnt stomach the mini Clemson promo with his college clips right after but that is purely the Gator fanatic in me.

11. antny1

antny1 GC Legend

Dec 3, 2019
    Copy. Had to watch us get robbed against Tennessee during the Dallas Baker swindle from my room in Ketchikan

• Like Like x 1
  12. JaxGator75

JaxGator75 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. unclerob

unclerob Freshman

Aug 14, 2015
    The no delay of game, with the play reviewed was the worst. How can you miss that? How does the umpire miss it in the first place? There is a GIANT clock directly behind the offensive line.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. thenazz

thenazz Junior

Sep 4, 2017
    Albuquerque
    There was a 7-second span in the third quarter in which Booger shut up. I celebrated with a cigar on the porch.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. BJ1888

BJ1888 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 14, 2007
    The NFL rule on "blindside" blocks is based on the direction the blocking player is moving and where he is on the field, and has nothing to do with how hard the contact is or whether the blocked player sees it coming:

ARTICLE 7. BLINDSIDE BLOCK. It is a foul if a player initiates a block when his path is toward or parallel to his own end line and makes forcible contact to his opponent with his helmet, forearm, or shoulder. Note: A player may initiate forcible contact in an area between the offensive tackles and three yards on either side of the line of scrimmage (until the ball leaves that area), but is still subject to the restrictions for crackback and “peel back” blocks.​

Ford initiated a block with his forearm and shoulder while moving toward his own goal line after the ball had left the tackle box, which is a penalty as the rule is written. Dean Blandino gave a good take on it, which is that it's a foul based on the way the rule was written, but that it isn't something that was intended to be included within the rule.
    (Mike Pereira goes down the road of trying to parse what is and isn't "forcible" contact, which is not a great argument)

Probably because Delay of Game is the Back Judge's responsibility.

16. unclerob

unclerob Freshman

Aug 14, 2015
    There is a play clock at the other end of the field too. Both officials can see the clock and the snap at the same time.

17. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    You can say the rule all you want but I’m Pyers/referees have some discretion and this one in this big of a game was a horrible call. Delay of game miss=brutal.

18. unclerob

unclerob Freshman

Aug 14, 2015
    If "common sense" applied to the non TD on the second half kickoff, it could have been applied here too.

19. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    What a name "booger" it grosses me out just typing it. Was he picked on as a youth? Was he a snot nosed kid? Was "ear wax" taken?

• Agree Agree x 1