Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Bobby Bowden on the ACC.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by jbush22, Dec 4, 2023.

1. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Be the first bro!

Tell us how FSU's gonna crush Georgia. Beat their ass like a red headed step child...

Tell us how FSU would kick Bama, Texas, or Michigan into next week...

Don't hide behind your undefeated candy ass schedule.

Tell us how the legit 4th best team in the nation got locked out.

Because (and it pains me to acknowledge this...)--that actually happened to Georgia.

Georgia would beat 3 of these 4 teams, quite possibly Bama too.

FSU loses by double digits to all of them, except maybe meatchicken.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    A big "go Gators" for you if you can name 3 bowls out of those 8 teams...hell we were one win from a bowl game and we were AWFUL! You know youre having to dig deep for a reason to include FSU when you bring up beating bowl teams. Here are some juggernaut bowl teams that would certainly make a case for FSU to schedule next year...Im sure Georgia would lose to at least half of these teams.

Howard
    Rice
    Texas...oh wait Texas State
    Alabama...oh wait South Alabama
    Ohio St...oh wait Ohio
    Air Force
    SMU

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    man, that's some flawed logic! Being old school has nothing to do with teaching palyers to play dirty. Joe Paterno was as old school as they come, but he never had that rap. Bobby's POS son, Tommy, even admitted to teaching his players at Tulane to play dirty since they wern't as good as their opponents he wanted them to be thinking about getting hurt from dirty play. Where do you think Tommy learned that? From his POS father. And you like those people???

You don't have to judge people from where they align, but on the nature of their character. Warrick Dunn and Derrick Brooks were considered to be stand-up guys and it's a credit to them that the Bowden shit didn't rub off on them.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    HEY COLEG!

images.jpeg-4.jpg

C'mon man...bring it!

Let's hear some real smack, not all the bullshit whining!

@coleg

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. CadGator

CadGator All American

Nov 17, 2008
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    And it did this year and I am so upset for them.
    Can't you tell???:devil::devil::devil:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    It was The Bob's lifetime achievement award. When SWAC lost to ND, the voters protected them and bumped them from 1 to 2. Fast forward three years when they beat us in Clowntown by 3, we fell from 1 to 4. Karma.

• Winner Winner x 4
  7. rmonteag

rmonteag GC Hall of Fame

Jul 24, 2010
    Will be exceedingly difficult for any school to go undefeated through the conference at this point. I think the days of that happening are over. Heck, it may be over for the Big Ten and Big 12 as well. SECCG will now most likely have 2 teams that have 2 losses in the game.

8. 31g8r

31g8r GC Hall of Fame

Oct 20, 2013
    My response, that you posted about comparing UF 2024 schedule to fsu, was to the generalization that the league at large would suffer. That is/was empirically false. Your post of 1-2 wins next year for UF was addressed in a different post. Are you placing the O/U for wins at 2.5?

The banality that is infecting the board wrt next year is maddening. Every opportunity for certain posters to reiterate their position, belief, desire for an apocalyptic implosion in 2024 detracts from meaningful discourse of original thread topics.

The future will unfold in time beating the drum more often will not speed up the calendar.

9. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    Yep something to be said about beating a team that went on to play in the Duke's Mayo bowl...congrats.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. 31g8r

31g8r GC Hall of Fame

Oct 20, 2013
    Doesnt matter the new model is win and advance college football is now NFL lite. The talent is being dispersed and elite teams will probably suffer a defeat before their season ends. So what we will crown a tournament champion that is/was part of the top 11-12 teams.

FBS and lower has had this model for years and they have produced undefeated teams. Enjoy the games there are too few and we wait 8 months each year to watch them

11. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    Going to have to disagree with that. If anything, it's getting even more top heavy. Plug and play top talent is being bought out from the lesser teams and the 4/5 star "busts" are being pushed out to make room. CFB IMO is more like European soccer. Big spenders that have great development academies but also just buy the best players from everyone else. The G5 and bottom half P5 teams are going to be akin to the feeder leagues like the Netherlands.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    You do realize to make this weak statement you are quantifying one of the very reasons FSU was left out. Other than LSU, the other 7 teams were from the ACC and 6 of them finished with either 7-5 or 6-6 records. Meaning they all evened out their own dumbed down schedules just so they could make a bowl. Just because you play in a league with an "everyone gets a trophy" attitude doesn't equate to the best record must be one of the best teams. At least we call out teams like UCF or Tennessee when they try to self appoint themselves some "Champions of Life" attitude.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I'm sure @RealGatorFan can defend himself, but I took at as looking at a schedule and seeing guaranteed wins with the rest being iffy.

14. 31g8r

31g8r GC Hall of Fame

Oct 20, 2013
    This years top 11-12 would have had new faces and liberty would have made it. There may beca realignment of the talent hoarders but with scheduling moving forward dominant teams wont be on a totally separate plane like bama under NS since 2009

15. 31g8r

31g8r GC Hall of Fame

Oct 20, 2013
    Im sure he can its mot necessary

As stated my post that Real quoted wasnt a post about UFs potential record next year. Hence my response to his off topic statements

16. GTRM8

GTRM8 GC Legend

Jan 12, 2021
    I agree, even though I disliked the Knowles forever I was a fan of Bobby Bowden. I think he was a good coach and a fair guy. I think he had some defensive coordinators who taught players how to play dirty.
    The fact of the matter is Florida State had the opportunity to join the SEC quite some time ago and didn’t because they saw what was coming ahead. Now they have to pay the price for that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015

I was a fan of Bobby also until I met people who knew him and talked with others that were recruited by him. Then I started listening to what he said and and finally realized he was a lying hypocrite that used his Christianity to further his agenda.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Never did buy that aw shucks, boss hogg bs persona.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    Depends on the conference. SEC is just going to be brutal, Big 10 is possibly going to be even worse with the top being on another level from the rest with the likes of USC. ACC still gonna have like 2 good teams at best. BIG 12 may be wide open.

20. iwannaperfectseason

iwannaperfectseason All American

Dec 5, 2009

Your opponents were 67-76.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1