Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Boardingham commits to UF

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 4everaGator, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    Dude is quick for sure...but it is those jock strap losing cuts that make him nasty. Im not sure how long his ACL's will survive but the guy just embarrasses pro bowlers every play.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    Until recently Walton's softball team was about half Californian, this year there are only 2 left coasters and it pleases me that there are so many Florida girls on the team now. But just saying, if the girls can overcome the heat, humidity and homesickness, don't see why the boys can't. Don't recall hearing many of them leave the program. One of the most infamous incidents with players leaving involved 2 sisters from Florida (Kasey and Sami Fagan) and one from Cali (Cheyenne Coyle). Why this happened I'm not gonna speculate, appears to have been a spat among players.

3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

WTF with the reference to liberals and sexual assault?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    Good point about softball. And I don't mean to argue since you were respectful unlike the person I was responding who didn't even know Steele used the Jones thing to get immediately eligible....
    But let me counter back with some a few points...

1) Softball and baseball are not that physically taxing. Football is. Further, softball/baseball's season is winter/ spring/ early summer when its not that bad in Gainesville. In contrast, most of football happens in August- October when its brutal.
    2) If half our football team was from California, I'd say the culture/homesickness issue would be nil. And if we start signing 5-6 year from CA, then I'd say it won't be much of an issue then.

And just to re-state my point, its not that all CA recruits are bad and are not going to work. But if CBN asked me, I'd advise him to stick to the south (and esp. Florida) for most of our class. But if there are exceptions- like a Grossman who wanted to come to UF from Indiana- then by all means make an exception.
    Hopefully this TE will be our next PItts and prove me wrong and change my opinion. Nothing would make me happier.

5. tmape01

tmape01 Junior

Apr 18, 2007
    that was exactly my point, Skink - Steele transferred because he literally caught his roommate Jalen Jones raping a girl. has absolutely nothing to do with Cali liberalism.

Florida QB Jalon Jones accused of two sexual assaults 30 minutes apart

like other posters have said, RoPo was from Cali and stayed for like 5 years. taking what happened with Chris Steele out of context and blaming it on his home state is weak logic.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I’m still not following you seeing how you inserted the political angle - but no big deal. FWIW, I do think homesickness was likely the driving force behind him leaving UF and he used Jones as a convenient opportunity to point blame at UF. That’s not blaming Cali outright for anything, but I’m of the opinion that the kids from the west coast are higher risk for running home than a kid whose home is a half day drive from Gainesville. Throw in the significant culture differences and even more significant weather differences and it’s a legitimate concern when recruiting kids 2000+ miles away.

Go Gators

7. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    Thanks for your elaborate response! You might be surprised how physical it gets a softball practices and how hard those girls have to train to have an edge.

8. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Good post and agree with the point about recruiting Florida and the Southeast predominantly. I hope it works out and we get our share. Yes, there are exceptions, and the staff should follow credible opportunities. We all knew Mullen's staff was spinning their wheels on the West Coast. It was really a show put on, imho, because they knew where they stood with the coveted kids of Florida and the SE, generally.

• Like Like x 2