Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Blockage

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by tampajack1, Aug 9, 2022.

1. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Carlin is accurate, but a little out of context. Dice caught shit because of what he said about those groups, but that was by no means the only groups he went after. Everyone got their time at the trough. Eddie was the same way.

2. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Blow Out I think is my favorite De Palma. Another nice Nancy Allen role too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Zero blocked. Really dumb that I can no longer see a thread I have been involved in because the OP decided to block me. Really dumb we cannot see threads started by those who block others. It prevents everyone from seeing the views of others in those threads. Whether they agree or disagree with the views. No issues with the Karen who does not want to see the views of another poster. But it makes GC worse for the rest by not allowing everyone to see what they post. If they do not want to engage with someone then use the block. But do not keep others from engaging in discussion!

4. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    With all due respect, neither I nor Carlin said he only attacked marginalized groups, just that he did.

It's like saying Roy Moore caught shit because he slept with early teen girls, but that was not the only age of women he slept with.

5. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Eddie was actually funny though, Dice was a hack

6. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't know that "Karen" has a fixed definition but I think of it as someone who perceives that they are invulnerable because they exist in a societally dominant position and therefore can arbitrarily attack others without immediate consequence. By that definition, which I believe is what most people would adopt, it could not apply to someone from a marginalized group

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. sas1988

sas1988 All American

Nov 16, 2016
    Denver
    Noted. I'll just call those others a-holes then.

8. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    I was watching Delirious one day (mid 80's) and my grandmother came through, heard him, and said "may the lord damn him straight to hell".

So I guess Eddie has that to look forward to.

Never was a Dice fan though. But it is the comedian's job to flirt with that line and the more successful ones are able to do it. Dave Chappelle has caught flack recently for tip toeing that line.

9. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    A number of years ago when I was particularly frustrated at some people on too hot, my son said to me, “Dad, you’re probably arguing with 12-year-olds.” Since then I’ve come to realize that it’s not 12 year olds, it’s mostly old geezers like me. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1