Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Bleacher Report drops Georgia’s name RE: cheating

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by twodaparty, Jan 19, 2021.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

By the way, if you missed the legendary troll job by Gators Hoops twitter last night after we destroyed Tennessee....
    Da-Da-Da Da-Da-...

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Works for your team - not so much for ours. The double standard is alive and well

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. ahudson

ahudson Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Now they do.... not sure initially they did, may have required more

4. willgetin

willgetin Freshman

May 1, 2007
    This is why GA hit the radar. Recruits were getting these on Sunday...

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs GC Legend

Apr 9, 2007
    Just stop opening the door and inviting them in.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Last time they were “in” was in the early-mid 80s, and they weren’t “invited”. When you go through one of those you get real anal about pushing your luck again. Your team has yet to experience that. So climb down pal and respect the reality that you’re on the good end of a very non-level playing field.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Hall of Fame

Mar 17, 2019
    I wonder if there were holes in those bags that will leave paper trail of cache to be used as evidence.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. kalaniocc

kalaniocc GC Hall of Fame

i just read that muschamp will be working for uga in some fashion

9. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    This. If a school has a system in place, and routes the impermissible benefits through the parents--which is what they do--the NCAA is powerless unless someone talks. Want a better job dad? Booster X will give you one. Dad isn't going to talk. Want a new home mom and dad? Booster X will buy it and you live there rent free, or, Booster X will wire transfer the funds needed to buy the home into your account. Need a new car dad? Booster X will give you one or "lease" you one, and you don't even need to make lease payments!!

The NCAA has no power to subpoena anything, no power to access confidential financial records. If no one talks, there is nothing they can do.

Unless, of course, the university does an investigation, and hands over the dirt.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs GC Legend

Apr 9, 2007
    He's working as an analyst.

I still haven't heard the full details of what went on with Tennessee, just random stories here and there. I suppose if the one about one of the coaches giving players a credit card to take recruits out and then the moron submitted the expenses to university for reimbursement is true then I guess that makes sense about why they turned themselves in. Outside of that, I don't get it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Some of the infractions against UF in the 80s included T shirts and change for a pay phone call. Think they’d ever go after Bama or Ga for that kind of shit?

Sorry, not buying the argument that if they’re doing it, we should do it. Different set of rules

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Claygator

Apr 11, 2007
    I never said we should do it. Just offering my opinion, which is based on some personal knowledge in a couple of cases, of what is going on, and how they cheaters are doing it, and getting away with it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    But not on Sundays. Never on Sundays.

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. CadGator

CadGator Senior

Nov 17, 2008
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    And do you really think UGA or BAMA will ever get punished?
    Asking for a friend!

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs GC Legend

Apr 9, 2007
    We tried being above board under Richt and turned ourselves in when AJ Green sold his bowl jersey and Todd Gurley signed a few autographs. Both got 4 game suspensions. Both were nonsense.

The NCAA can take a walk as far as I am concerned. Glad we have an administration now that agrees.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    years ago, a new car dealer I used to play golf with once in a while told me how he did it. He simply leased the car to the player, all the paperwork etc. The player somehow forgot to pay. The lease was w/ the dealership and those records were in the dealer's hands of which the ncaa cant see.

Nowadays, the "uncle" or "aunt" buys or leases the car. It is a private transaction.

One program that a friend of mine was a huge big booster told me that at his college, there was a separate bank account in which boosters put money in. The owner/CEO of the bank was all in too. When a player needed to be "bought" or he needed jewelry for his gf, then cash was withdrawn and merely delivered. No way to find out unless somebody talke.

17. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Hall of Fame

Mar 17, 2019
    If that's true, then what do they need them for? Power 5 teams should form their own CFB league and have a commissioner that will police all the shenanigans.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    The thing today is the willful ignorance it takes for media, the ncaa, fans etc to turn a blind eye given cell phones( I.e. cameras) and social media accounts of these things today. At least before there weren't endless social media posts of a supposed " starving college athlete" driving sports cars and wearing bling middle class Americans would struggle to afford.

I mean people heard stories but it wasn't documented at every turn like it is today.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Claygator

Apr 11, 2007
    I agree.

20. gatordee

gatordee GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2007
    orlando
    Bleacher said it was 50 gallon trash bags. Some were breaking due to the weight