Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Bleacher Report drops Georgia’s name RE: cheating

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by twodaparty, Jan 19, 2021.

1. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    With all the focusing on Tennessee I found this blurb interesting from a national media article. Why would they know Georgia has been sloppy?! We all know kirby and Georgia cheat and that’s why McGarity stepped down but this could be the start of something big if the national media keeps pumping their name out there.

“Tennessee got sloppy. Georgia has gotten sloppy.' But there's been no word on the NCAA looking at Georgia. But Tennessee, they got sloppy, and they were handing out cash in McDonald's bags."

Dan Patrick: Tennessee Recruits Got Cash in McDonald's Bags Amid NCAA Violations

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. gatordee

gatordee GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2007
    orlando
    All I got was a Big Mac! I didn't even get change. Lawsuit!?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    You mean UT was paying recruits top dollar in cash ... just to suck that bad?

• Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  4. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Apparently, Tennessee was handing out small amounts of cash in McDonald's bags. If they handed out more money, like Georgia does, then the players would not be insulted and they wouldn't have to worry about them talking about it. I suspect Georgia uses Wendy's bags to disassociate themselves from pathetic cheaters like UT.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  6. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    So Tenn serves that Big Mac with extra lettuce.

• Funny x 9
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Creative x 1
  7. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    Georgia’s sloppiness has been discussed for weeks (since Tennessee rumors came out).
    But since Georgia admin not willing to corroborate the infractions (unlike Tenn), nothing will likely happen

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    GA on the radar now.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Legend

Feb 6, 2020
    Smart and Pruitt ..... both have “experience” at UGa, Bama, and FSU. It’s not much of a stretch to expect recruiting misdeeds while serving as a head coach of an FBS program.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. lwg8tr

lwg8tr GC Legend

Some here were in denial "Saban is just that good! Young men fall over over themselves to live in an armpit like Tuscaloosa". The guy was a perennial 8-3 coach when he had 3-4 star players at MSU. When he started at LSU is when the shenanigans began and his rise to the myth. The guy is a capable coach and administrator but take away the cheating and copious amounts of money they have to pay assistants, consultants, luxurious facilities, and yes PAYING PLAYERS AND THE FAMILIES you got an average coach. Georgia will be next and then Bama. The SEC may look very different if 5 years with us rising to the top in a league with much more parity. That and maybe a scandal at places like IMG where admins, coaches, and teachers were paid to steer kids to their universities. I do know of a Central Florida coach who was offered cash and coaching offer to steer players to his university and trash others. I think this is rampant. I think this is happening outside the SEC at places like Clemson and OSU also.

• Winner x 4
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Come On Man x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  11. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Yes Georgia on the board

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Lord almighty all of that^^^

Doesn't matter though. The media will continue to slobber all over saban and ignore the obvious. Ignore the family moves, the vehicles, the ridiculously bloated staff that facilitate the unparalleled"attention to detail", the player charges that disappeared or were handled on house , the documented booster gifts etc etc

The sports media doesn t want to taint their sport by bringing alabama down. Fans or casual fans are willfully ignorant. In fact it satisfies their disappointment and anger with their own schools relative lack of success to blame their coaches for not being able to produce or recruit like saban.

Alabama was the perfect place for saban. He might have the same success at an LSU or Georgia but bama has the entire city school and state supporting that win at all costs institution.

Bama has NOTHING without football and they've proven time and time again they will do anything to win

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  13. bposs

bposs GC Hall of Fame

Sep 3, 2010
    Woodstock, GA
    Ga uses chick fil a bags

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Legend

Apr 8, 2020
    The jobs for families seem to be the biggest red flag that goes un-noticed. Tua is the latest but there are a lot of others. How in the hell does a family grow up in Hawaii all of a sudden get a job (in Tuscaloosa of all places) that is seemingly a career upgrade for the parents?
    Doesn't pass the smell test.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  15. believer

believer GC Legend

Jun 2, 2007
    Maybe they had AFLAC

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I will continue to feel that with the right staff we could be in the 4-6 range in recruiting. No one here expects us to be in the top 2-3 and I’m sure none of us want the headache that comes along with what would have to be done to get there. Now that espn is the main drug dealer for sec games u can rest assured they’re not gonna report on the bamars ga’s of the world. It’s gonna take someone like The NY Times to blow that thing wide open. After watching the tiger doc I would feel confident the natl enquirer could find dirt on the Pope

17. mkfgator

mkfgator All American

Aug 28, 2019
    Didn't 400 members of Tua's family go to the national championship game a couple or so years ago? That's an expense of over $1.5 M. The tickets alone would be 800k, much less plane, hotel, transportation, food, etc. And wasn't Tua's brother on the team or just got recruited then? I would love to see how that happened and then to coordinate 400 people from the same family sitting at the game together? If we want a top 2 recruiting class, then we better live with really cool cheating and hope we don't get caught. I could be a great freaking recruiter with a briefcase full of cash. I've known several players who were paid by Florida State, Georgia, Alabama in the past--and yes, even us during the Pell years. In the least, it absolutely helps. Hugh Freeze could do seminars for the NCAA right now.

18. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Except we are the only ones they chose to go after

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Legend

Apr 8, 2020
    Yep, that is the part that needs to be figured out. How do we get to be the sacred cow.

If not, we may as well settle for being in the SEC championship game every so often and a NY's 6 bowl and maybe the stars will align sometime with some superb players on offense and defense at the same time to get us over the hump.

20. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs GC Legend

Apr 9, 2007
    Only way anyone has a problem with the NCAA is if 1) the school cooperates or 2) someone with rock solid evidence squeals. NCAA has no subpoena power, no real authority to do much of anything. They can open an investigation, but if you tell them to pound sand they don't have much recourse.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1