Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

**Blackshear Buzz** Hotter than Chip Kelly's seat in 2021!

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by Jayhovah, Jun 5, 2019.

1. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Kind of like trying to stay awake for New Years only to fall asleep at 11:55 and wake up at 12:05.

It was great. And all the women "showed us everything."

Maybe next time.

• Funny Funny x 6
  2. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    I knew it!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    I have had two golden retrievers pass in the last t year, sisters. Tore my heart out, it will be a while before I get another one, it’s like losing family. This news tonight hopefully took away your thoughts, at least momentarily.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    Travel to Nashville in March. The SEC tournament was fun last year till we got mugged, But this year we should be in a better state to deliver some whipass!

• Like Like x 3
  5. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2010
    Bullish...
    Without going into detail, let me say that my personal, Christian faith teaches SPECIFICALLY that those pets that we had in our life whom we loved and who loved us...
    Will be with us in the next life.
    (This was taught...not as some casual hearsay...but as actual doctrine.)

• Like Like x 2
  6. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Today is the first day I woke up not checking NBN at 4:00 am on the edge of my seat!

We are going to the ship with Kerry and Company!!! Go Gators!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. ApexNC

ApexNC GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    NC
    Ultimately, maybe not. I think we got the very best possible outcome from both.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    We had a full blooded black lab for 12 years. I guess I was in denial but I had no idea she was dying. A previous dog lived 15 years so I thought I had a lot more time.
    I stayed at work a few extra minutes and so wasn't there when she died- I still kick myself about this all the time and it was 5 years ago.
    She loved us with everything she had- I miss her so much. All this to say- I feel for you.

But to quote the current VPI coach "Don't be sad it's over. Be glad it happened."

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    I just went through a few pages of that thread. Wow. I thought our fans lacked perspective.
    UT just put in one of their greatest b-ball seasons of all time. They were 31-6 and just missed an SEC title by 1 game.
    IMO they had a FF worthy team that lost on a borderline call. But still made the Sw16.

Yet they are pissing and moaning over the loss of a 1 year player.
    They are trashing a coach who cleaned up a bad mess and gave them a great season.
    All because they missed out on one player who, frankly, shouldn't have even considered going there in the first place.

What a deranged bunch of fools.

Glad we are (usually) a cut above this...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I love VA. My wife actually went to school in the western part of VA for a year. It is a place that is underrated for it's beauty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    It hurts. I lost a cat I loved very dearly after having her only about two years and that was over 20 years ago. I never owned another pet since, until this little female Tortiseshell cat came along and basically adopted me around Christmas in 2014, a year after my mom died. I took it as a sign.

Thing is, I look at owning a pet with the mindset that you are giving them a good home and life for the entire life, and even though it's sad when you lose them, it's important to be proud that you did something great for that pet too. Now got get another one and do the same thing for it too.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  12. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    FYI...

Hokies get commitment from 6-10 center

Hokies get commitment from 6-10 center
    • By MARK BERMAN The Roanoke Times
    • Jun 18, 2019
    John Ojiako, a 6-foot-10 center from Admiral Farragut Academy in St. Petersburg, Fla., verbally committed to Virginia Tech on Tuesday, according to Admiral Farragut coach Julian Allen.

Ojiako plans to reclassify from the class of 2020 to the class of 2019 and attend Virginia Tech this fall, Allen said. He has enough credits to graduate high school early, Allen said.

Ojiako was rated the No. 25 center in the nation in the class of 2020 by ESPN. He was rated the No. 10 player in the Class of 2020 in the state of Florida by ESPN.

Just so that we know who we are getting 2-3 years from now...

• Funny x 16
    • Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  13. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay GC Hall of Fame

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. diamondted13

diamondted13 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 1, 2008
    Thanks for the kind words. Without getting into detail, your situation and mine sound almost identical, including the previous 15 yr old dog (14 and a 1/2 in my case). Only difference being I had just picked my son up at Corey Brewer's b-ball camp and ran a couple errands. I was gone 2 hrs. Selfless to the end, he took the decision out of my hands. His time was getting close, and having to make that decision is just gut-wrenching. I only wish I'd had a chance to say goodbye.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  15. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    I don't want to make this awkward or anything, but . . .

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Only awkward if you make it awkward ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 VIP Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    one day I hope you tell us who this guy is...but maybe best we don't know

18. REM08

REM08 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2010
    Arkansas

While I definitely wanted to land KB, because he's a game changer, I really am excited to see what we get from Richards/Montgomery. We/Cal won't be able to hide behind bringing in a bandaid to address the post need and will have to do it in a way they usually don't have to.

Part of me would have been sad to see UK guys get their minutes cut for KB but I guess I'm selfish enough I could have lived with that anyway. Not an issue anymore...

19. dailydoublecat

dailydoublecat Respected Rival

Apr 8, 2007
    Ocala, FL
    Here’s my thing. We finally get these players to stay and then someone comes in and slices their minutes..... bull. I love Richards! Let’s see what these million dollar coaches can do...

A great Florida is great for all of us.

• Like Like x 3
  20. ApexNC

ApexNC GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    NC
    Coach Sayre?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1