Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

**Blackshear Buzz** Hotter than Chip Kelly's seat in 2021!

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by Jayhovah, Jun 5, 2019.

1. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    I hope you didn't pick up the tab.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. missourigator

missourigator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    You forgot I am really down on the coach of the women’s basketball team also. I am being realistic. If we don’t get him WE will have a let down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You aren’t even an actual Gator if you live in Missouri so you aren’t a concern.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Missouri is straight and no sugarcoating. I like that and sure some others do also. Many of us support as fans but also financially.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  6. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Blackshear situation getting very worrisome. AN wasn’t here on his visit??

That would have been a huge plus.

Kentucky gonna be really hard to beat here.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
  7. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    I’m sure someone with more knowledge can tell us different but I’d think for a lot of reasons KB would need to decide in next 6-7 days just based on calendar.

Getting in, transferring to UF not a 3 day deal. Even as grad transfer there will be hoops. Sure he’s good/approved for sure and not a major deal but even the team part as I’d think they’d be working out together 4/5 days a week come mid to late June ( at least that’s how several other programs run). I know we will wait but just sayin.... logistically soon makes sense.

8. fijigator

fijigator GC Legend

Apr 4, 2019
    I think MW was in the hot seat as recently as midseason last year. I’m not one to deny that this team was in trouble last year, and I’m sure those people were called ”not fans”. The truth is that our team wasn’t performing well at all early and it looked like we weren’t even having fun nor was the crowd. Then a light switch went on for seemingly everyone. AN got better, which led to everyone around him improving their game (besides our eventual transfers). Our road win at LSU was something of a turning point. I think White walked through the hot coals last year and won. He doesn’t deserve any critics today because his coaching ability has never been in question in my mind, it’s always been the question of results. Even if we don’t get Blackshear, we’ll find a way. This is a top 20 team regardless.

• Like Like x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. persuader

persuader GC Legend

Feb 2, 2015
    Florida
    Coach White was NOT on “the hot seat” at any point in time during his tenure at UF. Perhaps,maybe with some fans? Is that what you mean?

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  10. fijigator

fijigator GC Legend

Apr 4, 2019
    It's subjective is what I mean.

11. GatorStu1

GatorStu1 All American

May 9, 2015
    And this is supposed to surprise me??????????? And he is anything but "straight and "sugarcoating". He is negative and would not know what reality was if he tripped over it................

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  12. fijigator

fijigator GC Legend

Apr 4, 2019
    To even bring up the topic apparently still triggers some like @maxgator.

13. luvtruthg8r

luvtruthg8r Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    In reality, all members of the team are required to be back for Summer "B" to start conditioning and individual skill workouts on June 30. That allows for a little more time to get an answer. Of course, an answer could come anytime.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    SIASD..

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. GatorStu1

GatorStu1 All American

May 9, 2015
    swamp;

?????? Help a brother out my friend, I cannot figure out what SIASD means................

16. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Mr. Blackshear, if you are indeed in Gainesville and you need some guidance, go over to Lake Alice and see the alligators. They are fun to watch...as long as you don't hand feed them. Sometimes when you hand feed them the food you feed them is your hand. Kind of awkward to want you to play basketball for the U of F and then get you to a place where you lose something kind of important to play basketball. Okay, forget Lake Alice.

How about eats? The Purple Porpoise is a GREAT institution in a wonderful location at the center of U of F activity. If that doesn't work then head on over to The Rathskeller. You may even get to hear the Red Hot Chili Peppers play their music.

Um, Google said these aren't around anymore. Maybe Google is just broken today. I distinctly remember them open and cranking just the other day.

Anyways, if you want to bond with your new teammates, wait until everyone has gone to bed - 11pm should be plenty late – and sneak up to the O-Dome and go up the drains to the inflatable roof. It is DAMN fun bouncing on the roof like a huge trampoline. Just don't fall through and hit the basketball floor. Kind of awkward wanting you to hit the basketball floor at the U of F and then....you hit the basketball floor at the U of F.

And if you are lucky, if you head over to the Plaza of the America's you will see the best and brightest characters Gainesville has to offer. You can listen to Brother Jed Smock remind you how you are going to heck if you don't change your ways and the guy who stands still is called Gatorman. He is called Gatorman because....well....he used to hand feed the alligators over at Lake Alice and even though he still has both hands he sort of got frozen still. It happens.

Hmm, this Google thing is STILL wrong. I don't understand how in this day and time it can't tell me what I already know. Gainesville is a great place to grow and learn about life. And every place I mentioned is a WONDER to behold. Just tell them "tegator80 said hello." They will know who I am.

What do you mean these things don't exist anymore? I was there just the other day and I KNOW they were there. This Google thing says, while Lake Alice and the alligators are still there, the rest is history. History? I am now a part of "HISTORY"!?! That is what old folks are! I am not old, I am a young tyke. Just ask me! I would show you except there is this grandpa dude in the mirror and until he leaves I can't really show you how young I am.

Well, my medications are beginning to kick in and now I see that the old dude is really me. I feel strange. I was young once and while I am old, in my mind I am still young and living a GREAT life in Gainesville. It does that to you. So, if you don't mind listening to a senior citizen who remembers what it is like to be young and living in Gainesville, it is a blast and the memories will last a lifetime. Just remember, even though the alligators are still there and not merely a part of my fond memories, it is still not a good idea to hand feed them. That is all I have as advice for you.

Well, that and please don't step on my lawn. I HATE when you young'uns step on the lawn. Damn whippersnappers...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Stupid is as stupid does.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    . glxrZ_d.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Orangeandblue15

Orangeandblue15 Junior

Jan 2, 2014
    I can't speak on the behalf of Blackshear or his thoughts. However Arkansas did hire Musselman, the HC from Nevada last year who has had lots of success with transfers. Hopefully our win over them last year in the tourney will be enough of a recruiting pitch to keep him away from there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. missourigator

missourigator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Let’s get this straight. I was raised in Miami and was in Gainesville for ten years. Nobody is more Gator than me. Received four degrees from the U of F. So I am far from stupid and since my ph.d is In psychology I definitely know was reality is. So gator Stu 1 you aren’t going to be down if we don’t get him? Right