Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Black uniforms appear to be....

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by G8torsRUL, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. eViLG

eViLG All American

Aug 18, 2013
    Ocoee, FL
    And they have zero national titles to show for it.

Meanwhile, in Tuscaloosa, where uniform choices are limited....

3. GatorHighlights

GatorHighlights GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2009
    I'm sure the players will like it so I'm not against it. I used to be somewhat of a puritan but my opinion on "acceptable" colors has evolved, probably because I've been into English soccer since I was a kid and have become used to not really adhering to uniforms that are only your team colors.

4. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    As long as they don't clash with the obligatory jet packs and laser beams, I'm good with it. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

What's even funnier is the fact that nobody has even provided any truth to us getting black outfits.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Hey I know let's tell the athletic office that the football players would rather see our basketball games on TV from the other side of the O'Dome. They'll probably figure out a quick way to flip the cameras if the football players want it. We can tell them it will help with recruiting.

7. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Hey, this black uniform thread is about to die. Let's kidnap it and turn it into a "flip the cameras" thread. :emoji_basketball::emoji_basketball_player:

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. spike718

spike718 GC Legend

Apr 11, 2007
    This thread became a scientific argument. Lol. Personally, I prefer the traditional uniforms.

But....it has been said by coaches at many schools that the players and recruits - which is very important - love doing alternate uniforms. And not necessarily throwback uniforms that they have no memory of but out of the box stuff. If the players like them and recruits dig the alternates...then I am in favor of it.

The alternative unis are for

1) current players
    2) potential recruits
    3) additional sales of new choices of shirts, jerseys, etc for fans
    4) joe alumni and other fans moaning about the music being too loud and to get off their lawns because things were better in their day

9. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    Yes. When are you going to stop digging? You've offered zero in return to anything I've said. Are you in the sports performance apparel industry? I choose to believe someone who is over you. Someone else in the industry shows me otherwise and I will listen.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

No I have nothing to do with sports apparel. I don’t have to. I’ve studied heat transfer and thermodynamics, and the argument you are trying to pitch simply violates the laws of science.

You can argue it any way you want and you are flatly wrong. I’m done trying to reason with you. Humans emitting light and heat flowing from lower temps to higher temps? I’ve considered the possibility that you’re not serious. Either way, carry on - I’m out

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

<Swoops in from shower>

OK, kiddies.... the "Friendly Reminder Guy" is here again.......
    Let's all play nice!!! :D

<Lumbers over to recliner>

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. gatorwilk1

gatorwilk1 VIP Member

Jan 31, 2008
    WPB
    School team colors are distinctive branding for the school. I am good with variations of our school colors. Don’t care for other variations, camouflage, black, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    People wanted proof that Mullen said it.....

Mullen says new uniform combos in the works

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
  15. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    Nice to know you're coming from a place where you feel you don't have to defend your argument. I would've stopped long ago. Not being in the industry does matter when speaking about state of the art sports apparel technology. For me personally it most definitely matters because I value the opinion of someone who actually is than someone who is not. Personally I am not in expert in any of this stuff. I'm not a scientist or involved in sports apparel. Just passing along info from someone who is. I have no problem being shown I'm wrong. I'm just asking for you to actually show me. What's wrong with that? Essentially I'm conceding the fact you may have actual knowledge and can enlighten me. Teach me. Otherwise you're best offering is a glorified "Nuh uh". I'm not taking any of this personally. Just wishing you would have offered something tangible to the discussion.

Given the culture in college sports where everyone tries to gain a competitive edge don't you think if the color of the jersey mattered that we would choose to always wear white? Even if it made our players just 5 degrees cooler I would think that if teams went as far as building swimming pools and bowling alleys to gain a competitive edge I'm pretty sure they'd also dress in home whites.

Maybe we can hold a Gatorcountry fishing tourney sometime and I can give you some fishing swag and you'll be impressed with how cool and comfortable you are in dark colors. After all seeing is believing.

As far as humans emitting light I was under the impression that anything that has a non-zero temperature emits electromagnetic radiation of some kind. That is why we are visible on infrared cameras. We only emit infrared light that is invisible to the human eye. Doesn't every living thing emit infrared light as it radiates heat?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    I guess I wouldn't mind one night game with some black in the uniforms, as long as the orange and blue get mixed in generously. Just don't call it a "black-out" and expect me to also wear black in the stands that day, too.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  17. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    Gators are cold blooded.

18. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    wow, so wearing black essentially takes the body heat and transfers it to the atmosphere...cant wait to hear the complaints from the global warming faction :ninja2:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. rb10

rb10 Premium Member

Jan 19, 2014
    I don’t know about the color of uniforms,if I’m riding in a white or black car in this Florida heat I’m turning own the a/c

20. g8wayg8r

g8wayg8r Senior

Apr 8, 2007
    St Charles, MO
    Are you sure they are data driven on uniform colors? I know the sideline has chillers and coolers of all sorts but unless its raining I'm not sure they work in the the field.