Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Black uniforms appear to be....

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by G8torsRUL, Jul 4, 2019.

1. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

It's funny....

This entire thread is built upon a "tweet with no name"
    Again... I think I'll wait until we actually hear it from a reliable source.

Until then....

Carry on.... :D

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Well, if we are going to be scary good, I suppose we should look scary too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Bushmaster

Bushmaster GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Not a fan of black unis.

I do like the orange unis though, but prefer blue. I would like to see the orange unis broken out for games like KY and for homecoming and such.

Now get off my lawn!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Wouldn't be the offseason without the uni thread.....

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Wear black unis for night games only.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    And they are awful....

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. gatorcloud

gatorcloud GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    I remember the days when the orange and blue struck fear in any team we played. They probably had orange and blue nightmares and avoided using orange/blue crayons during classes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    There is a difference between Alt Uniforms and BLACK. I personally thought those alligator skin looking things were hideous, but at least they made sense and fit into our school themes (mostly) and some high school kids actually liked them. There is alternative, and then just plain stupid. And making your team look like your schools biggest rival goes into that latter category.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    With modern fabric technology that's no longer an issue. The black jersey's don't store more heat than any other color.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    You have weeds in your precious lawn. :emoji_scream::emoji_scream_cat::emoji_walking::emoji_footprints::emoji_footprints::emoji_footprints::emoji_footprints::emoji_footprints:

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Lol...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    I get that, but it says a lot if the football team doesn't follow suit and become a sheep.

13. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I don’t need to hear from Mullen to know black uniforms are stupid. Too hot for Florida and they are butt ugly. No thanks.

The Powers that be in College Football don’t wear gimmicky uniforms. Stick with traditions.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Horse crap.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    From what I was told by a uniform rep is that the color of the jersey doesn't matter because of the materials used and how they're constructed. He said there was a time where that mattered but that todays uniform technology has changed that. The outside of the black fabric in theory can absorb more surface heat but it doesn't transfer to the player or what's underneath. He also said that white fabric being more reflective actually our body heat back to us whereas darker colors absorb more heat from the wearer. Could all be a bunch of b.s. I respect the guy and he's very knowledgeable and committed to his work. He wasn't selling me anything so it wasn't a situation where I was being "sold". He works for Under Armour and had no reason to think he was lying. I'm sure someone in the industry cruises these forums and could easily correct me.

16. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    That makes no sense whatsoever. White colors reflect light, not heat. Your body heat can’t be dissipated by the color of your clothes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. FusionGator

FusionGator Senior

Nov 15, 2015
    I love our all white uniforms, even though white is not one of our colors. I love our classic combos, but don't get bothered by trying something new either. But I do hope it's better than one orange sleeve.

But, honestly, this rates a zero on my care scale. Now what is high on my Gators football care scale is if we will be able to pass, catch, run, kick, and block.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. 1975Gator

1975Gator Senior

Jan 5, 2012
    I wear long sleeve performance tee shirts fishing all day and I can assure you there is no difference in comfort from light colors to dark colors. People need to get in the today. Not everything that was true a few years ago is still that way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's the construction of the fabric that dissipates body heat. How much the fabric absorbs on its surface is basically nominal related to your body cooling IR through the new fabrics (vs the good old days).

The difference between dark blue and black would likely be negligible anyway if color is the concern.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Agree. Georgia and USCe have both done the black thing, and every time I see it I get this impression that it’s a desperation move - trying to create mojo when it’s in short supply. I see zero reason for our team to resort to this tactic. Totally unnecessary, and absolutely moronic in the Florida sun and radiant heat.

Stupid

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1