Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Billy D

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by rj_gator, Apr 28, 2022.

1. willymayshayes

willymayshayes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Another gem ...
    I say let the mutts have this one

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

Kobe won a championship without Shaq. So that is absolute pure nonsense. And Kobe was head and shoulders and all around better basketball player than KD could ever dream of being. He was the "Black Mamba". What the f is Durant?

Durant is far further up the list than you suggest. He will go down in history as one of the top 10 players of all time. However, that has not translated to championships nor does it diminish his toxicity.

Russ and Draymond seem to get along with their teams - Russ at OKC long after KD fled the scene, and Draymond has been in GS forever. KD is not just measured on the basis of whom you do and don't get along with, it is also measured by the impact your presence has on a franchise. Draymond has been all but indispensable on a star-studded team as evidenced by what happened to GS when he was conveniently suspended in the Finals. NO ONE will put up the triple-double numbers that Russ has ever again. And while KD is a more valuable basketball player, Russ is a better athlete and is arguably more productive to a franchise.

They beat them without KD with Green suspended. You just prove my point. Absent the suspension, GS would have rolled over Cleveland and Lebron. They were up 3-1 without KD in that series and lost one of their key players on a flagrant foul call. That turned the entire series around.

No going to UT does not make him toxic. But toxicity is synonymous with controversy. His commitment to UT when he had offers to play closer to home was controversial. He was a guaranteed one and done, and I believe that he knew that he would be under a lot less stress playing for a program that had and has won absolutely nothing, than going to a storied program where other 5 stars would have rallied to play with him. It was almost as if he was afraid of the challenge.

4. wdcurtis4

wdcurtis4 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Mediocre? The man got hired by THE Chicago Bulls-one of the most iconic franchises in the league. He had 2-3 starters out A LOT of the year, and multiple back-ups starting in the playoffs. That first round team that beat them?

The Defending Champs. The Champs in their next game beat the best team in the league by 20 points.

Wow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    [​IMG]

I mean, maybe he could slip in at #10 if he has a few more stellar years, but he is more of a 15-30 kind of guy. Outside of his first few years in the league, when has he even been the best player on his own team?

6. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

Everywhere Durant has played he has been the best player. But that fact does not make him championship caliber. He simply does not have the drive and motivation to win like the top 5/7 players of all time did. And arguably, he has played with as good if not better talent than some of them in my opinion, but has faltered so many times when it really mattered!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BEH

BEH GC Hall of Fame

A "dumpster fire nose-dive" is a 2 seed?

They lost to 15 seed St. Peter's but is that a "dumpster fire nose-dive"?

8. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Pretty much.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. g8wayg8r

g8wayg8r GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    St Charles, MO
    I can't see him in the Hall of Fame but to his credit has done better than many others, which is noteworthy amongst a profession where few excel. He's still gainfully employed.

The question why he left should be why should he have stayed.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Billy is a shoo-in for the hall of fame.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Billy D will definitely be in the college HOF as a coach with 2 Nattys, another Title game and lot of Elite 8s

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. RD_gator

RD_gator GC Hall of Fame

Jul 20, 2007
    If you truely are a Gator fan, we at GC-(HallGator's)-Nutting-but-Net would like to set up the next appointment for you with a qualified psychatrist at Shands Hospital.

We think that you need to have your head examined for having such peculiar beliefs about our beloved basketball Coach. :)

Or in the very least, a basketball-intervention is needed.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. g8wayg8r

g8wayg8r GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    St Charles, MO
    NBA Hall of Fame? Cool you jets hotdog.

14. g8wayg8r

g8wayg8r GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    St Charles, MO
    Since the topic was Bulls I would assume the discussion was NBA. College? Agreed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I was thinking of the college basketball hall of fame.

16. RD_gator

RD_gator GC Hall of Fame

Jul 20, 2007
    Gotch Ya!

17. fda92045

fda92045 GC Legend

Feb 19, 2012
    Basketball HOF isn’t exclusive to NBA or College. It’s all levels of hoops.

Billy is easily in

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. g8wayg8r

g8wayg8r GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    St Charles, MO
    Ooops. I beg your pardon.

19. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    He was saying that he did NOT have a big ego.

Read the post again.

20. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    • Agree Agree x 2