Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Bill Maher Nails It. And No it is not about wearing a mask...

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by QGator2414, Aug 2, 2020.

1. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I’m a builder so I see plenty of that. I always wonder why only a very few of my subcontractors pack a lunch from home. A healthy turkey sandwich with an apple is cheap. So is a bowl of bran flakes and a banana. More than half of them drop 10 bucks a day on a pair of monster drinks and a donut to start. Then an extremely unhealthy 8 dollar super size meal for lunch. Once in awhile I ask them why they don’t bring a lunch. They say they know they should, but.... then nothing. I don’t know how they work with that in their bodies.

Eating healthy is super easy to do on a budget. It just doesn’t taste as good (to them) and it takes time and a desire to put quality fuel in your body. It’s not financial, they just don’t give a shit.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Ozzy already bought out the bat aisle.

3. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    Sh'yeah, maybe at your store ... [nolancarey checks again] .......... yeah, you're probably right. And we should probably look into this "Crazy Train" Ozzy keeps mentioning.

4. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I remember doing draw inspections back then and saw pretty much what you said is the truth. When the taco trucks came through it was an run for the border followed by a nap. But they were done by 3:00 and then hit the Cumberland Farms or 7-11 for a couple of 40's. Good times, LOL

5. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Don't be disparaging the Roach Coach! Got all your basic food groups -
    Chips, candy bars and soda!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    And beer. :emoji_beers:

7. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    There it is in a nut shell. Authoritative figures dictating what individuals should and should not do. First it was Mayor Bloomberg attempting to ban large soda's now it's Governor Cuomo trying to dictate what bars can sell as food when people order alcohol. Get away from the authoritative provide choice and suggestions for healthier alternatives then let people make up their own minds as to what they want for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.

8. wgbgator

wgbgator Tiny "Boop Squig" Shorterly Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    At some point, someone is going to have to be restricted in the ability to do what ever they want. Especially since all those same companies that want to sell you junk food and unhealthy garbage fight to suppress and distort all the information people need (in the name of their own freedom to lie or misinform) to make the right choices too. If you want a system where people need good, easy to understand and accurate information to make rational choices, sellers will have to be forced to give you all the information we need to do those things.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    As a society we have restrictions on a multitude of actions or activities people engage in today. As for sellers they are restricted in what they can and cannot do already. The information is there for those that wish to heed RECOMMENDATIONS and make choices for themselves.

U.S. Chain Restaurants Are Now Required to Put This on Their Menu

Menu Labeling Requirements

10. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Maybe she ate them? :)

11. WC53

WC53 GC Legend

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    So the people ordering a 20 pc chicken nuggets and a diet Coke. Good or bad ?

12. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    General rules in our house:
    1. don’t eat anything that comes in a package.
    2. If you can’t do #1 for some reason, eat only in moderation.

beer and scotch are generally my #2.

13. wgbgator

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    Let me tell you about my #2 ...

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. dingyibvs

dingyibvs Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Actually what he said is very true. You have no idea how unaccessible healthy food is in some poor neighborhoods. It's even worse now that dollar stores are taking over corner markets (things like toothpaste, etc. are much higher margin than groceries).

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    Nah, she could nev... I mean why would sh...? Wait, where did the last kid go, and why is there a puddle of A1 Steak Sauce on the floor? ....
    ..... Hey, Honey...?

16. wgbgator

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    Yeah, what people don't realize is that's its actually very expensive to be poor in America.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. gator_ch

gator_ch VIP Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Chattanooga
    Try Sola bread. Not exactly the same as good, ol' fashioned white bread but, at 3g net carbs per slice, I happily adjusted.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1