Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Bill Maher Nails It. And No it is not about wearing a mask...

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by QGator2414, Aug 2, 2020.

1. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I was thinking more like construction workers, lawn mowers, cops, etc on their lunch breaks ... the people who you actually see eating lunch at McDonald. People who dont' work out of an office and may be driving around town -- or out of town -- all day and grab some fast food along the way. Not businessmen getting a per diem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Basically you avoid the white stuff, sugar, flour, potatoes, white bread, rice, ice cream, milk, and you can lose weight.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    If you bother to look around you will see many obese people are poor. They also smoke and drink. (Generalization)

4. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Some people love to eat. I’ve heard them say they would rather eat what they want, be fat and happy, and live less years, then be unhappy with their meals.

• Like Like x 2
  5. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Wait...so Chinese markets are the SOLUTION now? I am so confused! ;)
    Just kidding of course. You are 100% correct. I have never been overweight, but made real dietary changes several years ago, got back into a gym, and am in the best shape of my life.

It takes work and discipline, but you have to ignore the noise, or better yet, replace it with better noise. My wife and I seek out YouTubers that promote healthy cooking for instance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    HEY!! Chocolate ice cream is not white and there for exempted from your list.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    White chocolate ice cream is.

Ask Jason Williams

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. tilly

I think it depends. Organic/Whole Food's type places are expensive and some can't choose those options, but you can avoid the overpriced highly processed fast food options. A banana, nuts, yogurt and fresh brewed coffee at home for breakfast is much cheaper than A Sausage, Egg and Cheese biscuit with hash browns and a $2 coffee from McD's, or Dunkin for instance.

A salad or homemade sandwich for lunch is much healthier and cheaper than A Big Mac, fries and soda for lunch etc.

Eating healthiER is cheaper, eating healthiEST gets costly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. tilly

Also, eat off the walls of the grocery store, not off of the Aisles. The cold stuff isn't processed like the boxed stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    I tried that and got arrested. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    When each of our kids turn 13 we plan a bike trip, 80 miles to see grandma and grandpa. We spend 6 months training and preparing. I gain about ten pounds during the process because of exactly this. I get in about 40 miles a week normally, but during that time, at least for the 2 months before we go, I'm closer to 100 miles a week. And I don't lose the weight after the ride.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. jmoliver

jmoliver GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Stop eating carbs at the hunger goes away.

13. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    Earlier in the show he was chastising himself for making a joke about Chipotle (which he could have cut if he wanted to). Yeah, he's all over the place.

14. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    Yeah, um ... read the room.

15. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    But if you cut out the cocaine?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    I tend to avoid the pangolin and bat aisles.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    That was my wife's experience, it wasn't mine. One day I asked her how she dealt with the hangry feelings and avoided snapping at the children. She looked at me with this weird look on her face and asked me what I was talking about. She and I ate the same meals, but our bodies and brains did not respond the same way.

I spent the first ten years of my adult height at 152 lbs. I didn't understand why other people didn't just get skinny and stay skinny. I'm less judgmental about it now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    We tried the carb-free diet. High protein, avoid hangriness and all that. We used to have three kids, but now it's down to one. My wife won't tell me what happened to the other two kids.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Eat more seafood and less beef, I like a good rib eye as much anyone, but meat, fries/pasta and bread are lethal, so I just enjoy a nice steak occasionally.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    And eat more fruits and veggies, leave the snickers alone :)