Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Biden's Troubles

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ETGator1, May 7, 2024.

1. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Immigration laws … Jan 6 … like I said, what a bizarre thread

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jailer

jailer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Palm Beach
    How in the world did mdgator5 arrive at the conclusion from my statement? Is this a joke factory?

Let these petulant children try this act on the streets of any place that constitutes a totalitarian regime and see how long it lasts! The First Amendment does not protect incitement, fighting words or true threats. “Death to Jews” accompanied by physical provocations certainly falls within that category.

We live in a world on the brink, where our “ taken for granted” freedoms are being threatened intentionally by groups who are using these rights to threaten our core principles. These highly organized groups, which go far beyond students, take glee in the use of our youth as willing “ useful idiots”. The current administration does nothing to curb this idiotic behavior.

My oldest son witnessed totalitarianism firsthand in a college visit to China. At Tiananmen Square a young Chinese female walked out into the Square (apparently not allowed for Chinese citizens during these tourist oriented event timeframes) and was literally run over by two speeding military vehicles. Her head was squashed like a watermelon on the Square in front of hoards of disbelieving tourists and her dead body was scooped up so fast that it appeared to be a well practiced and skillful move. Is that what we hope for?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep, weaponizing the justice department is on Biden, he is a tyrant. A threat to our republic... a threat to freedom and Liberty.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Complains about people exercising their right to protest. (Which is mostly non-violent.) Admiringly explains that this unacceptable conduct wouldn't be allowed in a totalitarian regime. Just try it there!!!

Segues that complaint into a complaint about totalitarian regimes.

Couldn't make this stuff up.

Last edited: May 7, 2024
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The j-6 crowd would have been slaughtered in places like China

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    No offense, but I can’t figure out your point. You’re upset that Biden is allowing those protests, and you want us to be more like the countries that don’t allow them?

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    Yeh, you’re posting in the wrong thread.

8. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Already addressed this once, here's another potential hypothetical. Trump is elected and federalizes the California National Guard for deployment to the Southern border against the wishes of Governor Gavin Newsom, the nominal commander of the State National Guard. Whim of a tyrant? Similar hypothetical. Under his second administration Donald Trump establishes internment camps for illegal immigrants awaiting deportation. In order to provide security at camps in California Trump federalizes the State National Guard against the wishes of Gov. Newsom. Whim of a tyrant?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  9. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, perfect time. Johnson is acting in concert with the dems, never in history at this level of stabbing republicans in the back, and the senate is a liberal piece of garbage.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Biden isn't Hitler, yet, but he's a tyrant and a dictator. At this rate, we'll get there soon enough provided the incompetence in the White House doesn't actually equal our dictator wannabe. I'm worried this administration might just blunder the world into WWIII, not a good look.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  11. Swamplizard

Swamplizard VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    There are 20 States with Defense Forces that were here way before Florida enacted one including California and New York

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Never in history this level of stabbing his own party in the back? Might be a tad bit hyperbolic. He held a vote for Ukraine aid (along with Israeli aid) and it passed. Johnson is about as conservative as they come.

I can't argue with your feelings though so feel free to carry on.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    I am going to assume this is lost in the OP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Well, thanks for bringing it up. What Joe Biden has lawfare orchestrated on Donald Trump is his route to banning the opposition. Laws to cement his dictatorship as evidenced by this proposed legislation takes him right into the ability to enforce said dictatorship.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Same thing happened in Alabama with Kennedy. It was a worthy call up to federal government service. As has been pointed out, the constitution allows this. just not the whims of the dictator wannabe in the WH.

The governors sending troops to the border are defending the state of Texas and the laws of the US. Dictator Biden wants to have the legal ability to interfere with the state's lawful use of the national guard while at the same time having the federal government ignore, not enforce, federal immigration laws.

16. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Allowing a vote on the aid to Ukraine was probably the closest that Mike Johnson as come to emulating Ronald Reagan. Somewhat ironic that when Reagan was president he embraced America's role as leader of the free world. Sadly the Republican Party under Trump has devolved into a tool of Vladimir Putin, a former KGB colonel who has referred to the demise of the Soviet Union as the greatest geopolitical tragedy of the 20th Century.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Tell that to the opposition, all governors without regard to party.

18. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    LOL! Trump is enforcing the laws while Biden is breaking the laws. This is really no comparison. This is a lawful pull up into the service of the government to enforce laws. The use of the national guard in Arkansas and as I brought up in Alabama are uses that support the laws.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020

I’m not sold Joe Biden is a tyrant or dictator …… but I believe the progressive radicals making the decisions are operating in a fashion that is approaching despotical.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I only disagree to say the buck stops at Biden. I can't imagine he hasn't green lighted all of the crapola originating from the White House.

Regrettably, he can do so much more damage until we can vote him out of office. What's to say this tyrant/dictator doesn't create enough national anarchy and wars that his next stunt, historical precedence broken again, is to suspend elections which has never happened in our history. It seems no one on the left cares about the republic and precedence so anything is possible as this dangerous point in time.

Trump = Orange Man Bad, Mr. Mean Tweets, and Cult Leader doesn't cut it when continued support for the liberal left means the end of our republic and our freedom. Be careful with your next vote. It is the most important vote you will have cast in your life.