Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Biden pulls out the big stick

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Trickster, Sep 9, 2021.

1. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Hall of Fame

Dec 31, 2016
    And when our government let alone any other government can afford to administer health care - what then?

2. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    I've got good news, withdrawing from Afghanistan saved us about $300 million a day.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  3. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Volsheimers?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. tilly

Vaccine mandates on publicly owned businesses are new though. No?
    Public institutions (Schools, government jobs etc) Yes, but private businesses?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Question for everyone:

If a vaccine is required now for working at a job, should a vaccine also be a requirement for receiving federal assistance in the terms of unemployment benefits, food stamps, etc.?

A company puts the requirement into effect, you are either vaccinated or do weekly testing. The employee says I am not going to do either and quits. Then goes down and signs up to draw unemployment benefits, what has the vaccine mandate accomplished other than taking putting another person out of work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    No exceptions for federal employees or contractors, the testing exception applies to private employers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Yeah, heard on here adnausem, when desantis imposes mandates on businesses...worst gov in all history, now suddenly more than OK when biden lies his ass off does it anyway. Funny how that works.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. carpeveritas

Dec 31, 2016
    Yet our government wants #3.5T more not to mention whatever else will be included in the budget reconciliation bill. I posed these questions earlier so I'll pose them again.

Why did President Biden's mandate only include Federal Government contractors that employ 100 people or more? Why not make it mandatory for all?
    Will the Federal government eliminate all small business Federal contracts?
    Why doesn't the mandate include everyone who is eligible for by age be vaccinated?
    Will the Federal Government continue to pay for the vaccinations on on an infinite basis?

This is not a well thought out viable solution. BTW we could save money as well by eliminating transgender surgery. Every penny counts and the issue is there isn't enough pennies to continue down this path.

9. tilly

It is actually ANY private business with 100 employees or more. (regardless of contract status)
    He is doing this with OSHA as the puppet.

Something I dont here many folks discussing is that he is also requiring the businesses PAY for the time off to get vaccinated.

10. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    OSHA regulates employee safety among employers. This will come out via OSHA. It absolutely is a issue of employee safety. What makes this different?

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Speaking of the little blue pill:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 8
  12. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    So?

The few hours or day pto to get vaccinated will easily pay for itself with reduced covid related absences. If I were an employer I would say this is great. Now you can blame the government when anti vaxxers come wailing, and end up with a more healthy more productive workforce, as well as reduced medical insurance claims - as most businesses health insurance these days are at least partially self funded.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tilly

I already acknowledged OSHA. The difference is that the other employees can protect themselves from the virus by getting vaxxed if the wish. That makes it a bit different than other OSHA processes. Fellow employees can't exactly stop you from dropping a palette on them from a forklift that isn't driven properly, but they can protect themselves with a vax and a mask.

14. Agator88

Agator88 GC Legend

Oct 7, 2014
    At least we haven't heard anyone claim that unvaccinated people who get sick should be refused treatment, oh yeah thats right Jimmy Kimmel did suggest this. Oh and MSNBC had a Dr on that also suggested turning away unvaccinated people. Wasn't Kimmel on the frontlines of universal Healthcare for all at one point, or was he just in a vulnerable state because he almost lost a kid because of a heart condition?

I mean once we get there, we all have to start wondering what illness or what life choice we make will one day be the one that gets us denied an ICU bed. I have often wondered, should smokers be given treatment for respiratory issues? Fat people get treatment for diabetes or heart failure? There's no compassion anymore for your fellow American, unless you have the same political beliefs.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. carpeveritas

Dec 31, 2016
    Thank you for the clarification?
    Again I ask why stop with 100 employees?
    Why not mandate all refugees get vaccinated?
    Why not mandate all immigrants get vaccinated?

Seems to me this is nothing more than being selective. Yet we know there is nothing on the market that will stop the virus from spreading or mutating.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    People should talk more about that because its a good idea and makes compliance easier for people. PTO to get a jab vs. going to work and getting tested every week is a nice carrot.

17. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    There's a decent possibility that whatever OSHA reg they are using doesn't apply to every single workplace in America. OSHA definitely doesnt apply to refugees or immigrants outside workplaces.

18. domgator

domgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    And if you OD on any heroin or coke laced with fentanyl do not clog up our ER's. Stay home and die.

19. tilly

1.The one part that I can live with is the testing caveat. Without that, I would be completely against this.
    2. It isnt from their PTO bank. It is generally extra time off in addition to PTO. I know for us it is.
    3. CVS. Walgreens etc take walk in vax appts these days. No reason to force employers to give people time off. Get the vax on the weekend or after work.
    4. This also ignores businesses that have done well. (My company only has about 70 employees, but are well over 90% vaxxed. But even though we have done a great job, (if we had a bigger staff) we would face fines for not doing better?

I think this would have been more well received with a % marker. Lets say if your business is under 80% vaxxed then you must have regular testing of unvaxxed employees or something like that. That would have been a much bigger win in the PR battle to get people vaxxed.

20. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    But unvaccinated employees pose greater risk to vaccinated employees, or those rare employees who can't get vaccinated due to immunological issues.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1