Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Biden pulls out the big stick

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Trickster, Sep 9, 2021.

1. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Blame social media and Hollywood for that. Social media because today we can read about so many conspiracy theories that you are scared silly to get that zombie vaccine. Then Hollywood for creating way too realistic movies. I remember 20 years ago when we got the 1st clips of the Iraq invasion where you saw bodies being dragged behind vehicles that I remember people saying how fake they looked compared to what they saw in movies. When a Hollywood war movie is more realistic than the real thing, we have a problem.

2. 108

108 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    NYC
    what word would you use to describe the most willfully ignorant populace the planet has ever produced?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Nole?

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    Comment redacted.

I'm going to take a break from Too Hot for a while. This set me over the edge. See you guys Saturday for USF.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Okay, take out the “many” and take a look at what LBJ did in 1966 with respect to Medicare (which, by the way, was opposed tooth and nail by the right). He told hundreds if not thousands of segregated southern hospitals - hard to believe, isn’t it, just like it’s one day going to be hard to believe people opposed immunization mandates - that if they didn’t integrate, they’d receive no Medicare funds. Look up what happened almost immediately.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Correct.

7. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I’ve criticized Biden and lauded Trump. I hope your diatribe got your anger out of your system.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. 14serenoa

14serenoa Living in Orange and surrounded by Seminoles... Premium Member

Jul 28, 2014
    The Federal government/taxpayers have been 'paying' for vaccinations and administration from the beginning...testing is 'free' at many locations...much cheaper to vaccinate a population than pay to treat them in the ICU. This current 'pandemic of the UN-vaccinated' and ICU treatments for the infected is costing taxpayers billions. The cost of a $0.50 mask 'priceless'.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    Which one do you want? I only get one and I want to make it count.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    True, you would think all the Blue Cross and United insurance companies would be mandating the shot. If for nothing else to keep their bottom line healthy instead of the people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    I see the post has been redacted, but the basic idea of freedom is that you don't harm others. That's typically when the government steps in, to prevent that. Freedom and a liberal society isn't just doing whatever you want and being allowed to harm others. There are all sorts of laws and regulations which have been imposed because of that (good and bad) - including past vaccine mandates. This is why you can drink booze till you pass out at home but not drink and drive where you can damage property and hurt people. Its the essence of liberal society, not collectivism.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  12. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Hall of Fame

Dec 31, 2016
    Why the complaint? This is your subsidized health care system at work. CHIPS, Medicare, Medicaid, etc... Fact is regardless of vaccination the medical care is still required if you get infected. We can certainly quibble about costs of said care but COVID is no more than a prelude to the next pandemic and the response our government will take.

13. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Vaccine mandates are nothing new. I'm not sure why this particular one is tyranny.

14. domgator

domgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    So Federal Government employees have to be vaxed to keep their jobs. Well unless you work for the Post Office. Seems like it is a pretty selective mandate if the people who touch and sneeze on our mail don't have to get the vax. And why are they discriminating against companies with less than 100 employees? Seems rather arbitrary. If I work for a large company but work at home at my cabin out in the woods by myself why do I need to be forced to get a vaccine while 50 people crowded in a small office space have the freedom to make their own choice. And if I'm unemployed I have the freedom to decide whether to take the vax or not. Why are freedoms being limited for those who choose to work? Also if I walk across the border and come to the country illegally and am caught I get the choice to decide if I want the vax or not? Why are people here illegally getting rights that hard working citizens are denied? It's almost like the Biden administration values non-citizen illegal aliens more than the people who work, pay their taxes and financially support all this nonsense. ​

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    Its partisan now, that's why

16. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    You do realize that a business with 2 people can set a vaccine mandate, in which that 1 employee has no "choice" but to comply or seek new employment. The employees dont have a choice in any case, the only "choice" is that of the business owners/boss who institute those rules. So, lets frame this correctly, the "choice" being removed is from owners of large businesses, not employees. Indeed, many of those businesses already have instituted mandates prior to the order. A person in a 50 person office is still at the mercy of whatever rules for vaccination their employer sets. The idea that people working have any kind of freedom of choice outside what their employer mandates as terms of employment is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. wygator

wygator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 31, 2010
    I read this morning that the Congress and judiciary are not included in the mandate. The fact that postal workers are not included I would think creates a case for equal protection of the laws as a defense

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. 14serenoa

Jul 28, 2014
    Very, very few vaccinated are hospitalized and fewer than that die. Yes, new variants are now in the US. If 100% of US citizens were vaccinated, new variants from other countries will likely not spread here. Preventative health care is the best policy. Eating for longevity and routine exercise for all would save taxpayers billions in subsidized health care costs.

19. 14serenoa

Jul 28, 2014
    Yes , I can imagine Global biological warfare crushing the global economy as a prelude to the end of days.

20. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Hall of Fame

Dec 31, 2016
    Doesn't matter the health care expenses are still incurred and paid for by the private sector. At the rate we are going everyone will need a shot (booster) on some regulated time frame. This alone is adding more to the expenses we are now incurring. Another factor is as we keep decreasing the age limit the costs go up as well. Explain to me how long you believe our Federal support this. I believe we all can safely say COVID will not be eliminated.

And this cost doesn't include the amount of vaccines that were donated by the Federal government.
    What Are the Hidden Costs of the COVID-19 Vaccine?

• Agree Agree x 1