Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Biden is going to roll Bernie in the SC Primary - How does the Democrat race play out after that?

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator_fever, Feb 24, 2020.

1. danmann65

danmann65 GC Legend

May 22, 2015
    He was never smart and people were saying he had great advisors. They either aren't great or he isn't listening to them. But he and Andy Young were arrested trying to see Nelsom Mandela, only Ambassador Young doesn't remember it happening.

2. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    I'm still trying to figure out how the Democrat brass is caught off-guard by Bernie. I guess it's the same clan who thought Hillz could ignore Wisconsin. Bernie's the only one up there besides Fauxahontas who can string an intelligible seven word (or more) sentence together and doesn't come off like a complete jackass with every utterance (Bloomberg). Bernie is by far their best talent up there, AINEC.

A Bernie presidency is a nightmare proposition, but in terms of campaigning talent, the other 5 can't carry his jock, even if they teamed up. I see the dude's ads on Facebook and I have to stop and watch, because he can captivate an audience. His talents are misplaced, but he is a talent, to be sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. danmann65

danmann65 GC Legend

May 22, 2015

I think Biden is the worst potential president, than Bloomberg, than Bernie. I dont know why Steyer is still in the race. Buttigieg or Klobucher are clearly the only two competent people up there.

4. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Bloomberg is probably the most competent person up there, but realistically none of these people is worse than Trump.

Biden does come off as losing it though in terms of age (even though several of them are similarly up there, along with Trump).

I like Klobuchar, but actually she needs to get out because...math.

5. danmann65

danmann65 GC Legend

May 22, 2015
    Yeah math. Biden is good in the south with democrats where he loses to trump across the entire south. Bernie just gave up Florida. Cubans weren't going to vote democratic but a Cuba lover is going to get them to the polls in droves. The election will be won in flyover country. A northeast liberal isn't going to win there. Klobuchar and Buttigieg will. I think Buttigieg needs a little more seasoning. Klobuchar beats trump like a drum in the general. Bern ie won't, bloomberg might and Biden is a senile idiot.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. And they are bringing up the rear of the pack... which explains how much trouble the blue folks are in. The radicals and insurgents want to take that party over and the adults are getting pushed aside.

I have never seen a brokered convention in my lifetime (hasn't been one since the 50's). Will be kinda cool to watch :D.

The blue folks keep debating and debating.... and President Trump keeps being the "winner" every time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Biden wins the rust belt against Trump, that is his electibility argument in theory, and it was a good theory. Though obviously his declining faculties put that greatly in doubt.

Klobuchar just has no chance at all of winning the nomination, so any theorizing how she would do against Trump is a waste of time. I mean she would be my choice right now most likely, but I suspect she will be gone after Super Tuesday.

Most likely it comes down to Bloomberg and Sanders, if Bloomberg is smart he would consider Klobuchar as a running mate.

8. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    Think she is posturing for the VP slot.

9. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I think Biden would be a fine President because he wouldn't be running the country. Buttigieg is just ew. So arrogant.

10. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I know you don't like Buttigieg, but what president hasn't been arrogant? Trump, Obama, W, Clinton. All arrogant as hell.

Bush senior might be the last president that wasn't arrogant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    To the extent the others were arrogant, they hid it better (except for Trump). I don't find the guy likable at all.

12. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    If Bernie wins the nomination you know that trump and fox will call Bernie that and worse. Hopefully you will be just as outraged.

13. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    LOL! The old fart is falling to new depths of senility by the day.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. danmann65

danmann65 GC Legend

May 22, 2015
    Who would be running the country? I hope it's not his advisors who he either doesn't listen to or are too stupid to tell him to stop being inappropriate with women.

15. danmann65

danmann65 GC Legend

May 22, 2015
    I am not an expert in age related dementia, and I typically am against people making diagnosis over the tv but something is wrong. I tried to listen to the debate later night but it sounded like he said his assault weapons ban saved 150 million lives over the last 30 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    He said exactly that. And not in the last 30 years, but since 2007! Not to mention he told a crowd this week he was running for the U.S. Senate.

If anyone watched that debate last night and thought Joe did “well” they themselves need to be checked for senility. He rambled incoherently several times and his senility is getting worse by the day.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. wgbgator

wgbgator Tiny "Boop Squig" Shorterly Premium Member

Who's running the country now? I think we're witnessing how that works with an erratic president with fading mental capacity at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    This guy?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Biden was just endorsed by Jim Clyburn, probably the most influential African-American politician in South Carolina. Between the Clyburn endorsement and Bernie's history on gun control legislation, a double-digit victory by Biden in this Saturday's South Carolina primary is very possible and it could give up a boost in the other Super Tuesday primaries in the South.

20. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007

The gift that keeps giving.