Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Biden is going to roll Bernie in the SC Primary - How does the Democrat race play out after that?

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator_fever, Feb 24, 2020.

1. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    Well SC US Representative Clyburn who influences how a lot of the black people vote in SC or has a huge bearing on it at least has basically let the cat out of the bag the last few days he is endorsing Biden. That means it would be a mini-miracle for Bernie Sanders to even stay within 9% of Biden even with Operation Chaos giving him some votes. This is going to give the media their talking points hoping to slow Bernie big time on Super Tuesday. If Bernie is smart he will just talk up wanting to get a good 2nd place finish in SC.

Well thinking this is almost a 100% lock for what is going to happen I now see this being a Bernie - Biden race mostly after ST with Bloomberg falling out after ST sometime not to hurt Biden after then. I see Bernie still going into the convention with the most delegates from the voters but not enough to lock things up. We might see some really crazy stuff with that scenario.

2. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    "Next clown up!"

--thats how todays Democrat party rolls!

Lol! :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013

4. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Oh...they have a plan:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  5. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    Latest RCP average has Biden +3 points over Sanders in SC. And that's not factoring in the momentum factor heading into Tuesday. I think Biden will eek out a win, but he's never won a primary or caucus in three different runs.

6. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    Don't believe that nonsense in the polls. The word was just put out to the black leaders there to have people vote Biden. I think its more likely to be over 10% than under 10% for the Biden win.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Not to be confused with the clown currently residing in the White House
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Actually its 5.4% and the one poll that includes the day of the Clyburn endorsement has Bid by 15%.
    RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - South Carolina Democratic Presidential Primary
    https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/SouthCarolinaResultsFebruary2020.pdf

9. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    Yep, it just updated because of that PPP poll showing Biden up 15 points. PPP is a Democratic polling company. Shocked they would have Biden up double digits when he's in virtual free fall everywhere else you look. :rolleyes:

10. anstro76

anstro76 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 14, 2008
    St.Petersburg
    So many Pubs and Trumpsters invested in the Dem caucuses and primaries. If Trump is a lock, why do any of you care?

11. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. danmann65

danmann65 GC Legend

May 22, 2015
    Does anybody else find it vaguely racist that the black voters in South Carolina are supposed to vote how one man tells them too?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    I know the preachers etc. need to stand up to Clyburn and tell him they will just say to vote how you want to with no input from them.

14. danmann65

danmann65 GC Legend

May 22, 2015
    The whole black churches telling people how to vote freaks me out too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's going to play out like the Civil War: North vs. South. Bernie takes the northern states, and Biden takes the southern states. Warren takes the native American states. Buttigieg burns down Atlanta. Klobuchar charges up Cemetery Ridge in Gettysburg, and is driven back by Hillary's artillery. Bloomberg surrenders at Appomattox Court House.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Make no mistake, Bloomberg is not out of it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    I just don't want the crooked establishment ripping Bernie off. They tried to do it to Trump but the Reps have more winner take all states which prevented them from pulling it off. I don't agree with all of Bernie's views but he seems to be authentic.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    The Republican primary was a shit show and eventually elected an actual TV clown. A legit TV clown. Now suddenly the process looks chaotic to you guys?

I suspect the more moderate liberals start supporting remaining candidates and as others drop out. Bernie gets the most votes but loses since he represents a minority of views. Republicans cry a river of “Bernie gets screwed”. You’re as transparent as you are simple guys.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    I find it hard to believe that you or any pubs care about bernie getting jobbed by the so called establishment. Just more Fox talking points.

20. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    The best thing that can happen for Democrats right now is for Biden to drop out... So all of the moderate votes after SC go to Bloomberg...

If Biden wins South Carolina, he believes he has a shot... he splits the moderate votes with Bloomberg, and Bernie Sanders likely wins the nomination...

Democrats lose because it likely grants Trump a second term

Republicans lose, at least in the short-run, because you're risking handing the presidency to the most radical possibility... I don't like these kinds of risks...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1