Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Biden accused of sexual assault by former staffer.

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ursidman, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Whattaboutism at its finest...

Not a fan of that word... but you've thrown it in my face before... now you have to eat it...

2. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I'm sure the New York Times "big J" journalisming is right-leaning...
    :emoji_upside_down::emoji_upside_down::emoji_upside_down:

3. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Again, whattaboutism...

4. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Yes, you have perfectly defined why conservatives are acting in bad faith. The "same rules" don't apply to "everyone equally." Attempting to impose such rigid requirements on sexual assault cases (or criminal cases in general) only results in two outcomes: 1) innocent people being put through the wringer or 2) victims not being heard. And no, Reade doesn't have more evidence than Ford has. I already called you out for the specious argument that more details = more evidence.

You're right. That's my mistake. I didn't read the book that came out later.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. altalias

altalias GC Hall of Fame

Aug 13, 2008
    Trump is bad. You think he's bad I think he's worse. I think he's even worse than you. No he's not. Trumps great. Is not.
    That is 99.9% of THFSG.
    Occasionally you come across a non partisan who actually makes a cogent remark but mostly its amusing to gawk.
    * I'm guilty too. Yesterday I trolled the libs. I used Biden's quote saying you should always the woman because she wouldn't invite national scorn unless it was at least in some part true. (Paraphrased)
    I wasn't contributing I was trolling. I just wanted to see who would defend the indefensible.
    Biden either lied to destroy an innocent man or he is guilty. Either way it is an ethical problem for him that is being covered up.
    (I got a defense and a come on man from the usual sources.)
    I really need to stop playing on this playground but it's like a car wreck. You feel compelled to gawk even though you know you shouldn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    The same rules should apply here. If someone is on record stating they believe Dr. Ford based on what she provided, they should also say they are open to believing Ms. Reid since she has much, much more evidence to corroborate her accusation. The fact people are using Ms. Reid's social media postings against her conveniently leave out the fact that Dr. Ford had hers scrubbed prior to going public.

7. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    I already debunked that myth. Continue spinning your wheels.

8. gator95

gator95 GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, that wasn't debunked. That's you throwing crap against the wall. You already got shot down by saying Ford had Keyser as a witness. Come on, you already lost, no need to keep digging a deeper hole for yourself.

9. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    No you have not. You have just provide a history of her social media postings. Is this woman appear to be strange based on her postings? Yes. That doesn't mean she is not a victim of sexual assault. This woman provided a day, time, and place where the assault took place and two people who can confirm she told them about it at the time. Why can you not admit that is more than Dr. Ford provided?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. gator95

gator95 GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Why? Because that means it increases the possibility that Trump could win in November. The goal is to diminish and silence this accuser before it causes serious damage to Biden's campaign. The NYT did this and the Dems are pushing this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Completely non-responsive.

12. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    It is not what aboutism when it is directly pertinent to the topic.

Again, what are the voters supposed to do with information that indicates both candidates may have committed sexual assault (perhaps dozens in one case), and engage in other "creepy" behavior?

It's just one factor relevant to the candidates, but for people who care whether or not our leaders attack women, it can be a meaningful factor.

And seeing as nobody wants to address the issue honestly, it means we likely don't have an obvious "high road" wrt this issue and these two candidates.

13. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Sure it is, look at the title of the thread...Where does it mention Trump? I should know what whataboutism is I have been accused of it 7,439 times on too hot.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Ok. For shits and grins, why don't you tell me why the sexual assault allegation against Biden is meaningful, and what it should mean to prospective voters?

15. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    I'm not one who believes in guilt by accusation but If #metoo means a thing it has to apply across the board.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    You know what's creepy to me? RE and mortgage fraud. Not that I've ever seen that before, right Sargent? If it works in one organization, it can work in another organization, so long that there is a market to exploit. So easy an orangutan can do it.

17. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Ex. A for bad faith conservative arguments. Thank you.

18. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    [​IMG]

19. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Check the thread title...

This is about Biden... not Trump...

20. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    Joe Biden is the Dem candidate for President. Since Kavanaugh was required to be confirmed and ultimately had his character put on trial in the Senate, then for heaven’s sake let’s have a similar forum for the man the Dems want to elect the leader of the free world. Doesn’t have to be in the Senate but we can certainly come up with a bi-partisan panel of folks to put Joe under oath and call witnesses on both sides. After all, it was important enough to do for a USSC justice so it should be the same for Prez. The issue of sexual assault is just too important, right?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2