Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Biden accused of sexual assault by former staffer.

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ursidman, Apr 13, 2020.

1. gator95

gator95 GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    It’s simple. The NYT looks like hypocrites because that’s what they are in this instance.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Same is true of Reade's allegation. Yet, when asked to take on the risk of criminal liability, she refused to name Biden. Dr. Ford stood up in front of Congress under oath on national TV.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    This is why the Times needs to learn not to care about what conservatives think. They'll never win. Stop catering to a crowd that will always scream fake news.

LOL. Legitimate news sources have a duty to actually do some digging before they run shaky allegations.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    This video is 2.5 years old. It aged well, I would say....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. anstro76

anstro76 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 14, 2008
    St.Petersburg
    Be honest? Are you kidding me? Look back at any of my previous posts, and you will find a history of my concerns for his creepy antics and problematic behavior. Next time know your poster before calling him a liar.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    I can't say for sure because I can't link it but I read a month or so ago where when she originally brought the story up a year or so ago she didn't want to go into intimate detail (which is understandable to me) but before she could get the entire story out she was already being bashed by the media so she decided against it. Then a couple of months ago she aired the full details.

I am not saying this makes it true but it surely makes as much sense to me as Ms Fords story.

7. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Not accurate. That's her claim. But when you look at the timeline, it doesn't make sense. She initially came forward with allegations that Biden had inappropriately put his hand on her shoulder and run his finger down her neck (which I believed at the time) on April 3, 2019:
    Nevada County woman says Joe Biden inappropriately touched her while working in his U.S. Senate office

Some people unearthed some very odd writings she had done praising Putin and Russia on April 4:

Reade claims it is this that caused her to shy away from the attention and not come forward with the full story. Problem is with her story that she wrote an op-ed on April 17 stating, in relevant part:
    Alexandra Tara Reade: A girl walks into the Senate
    I am not a “snowflake.” I like to be touched, a lot. I am an affectionate person. However, I like to decide who touches me and when. . . . I did not like Joe Biden’s hand on me not for the reasons you think, it is because I am the alpha in the room too. Again, I like to be the one who chooses who enters my space and in what way. . . . But this is not a story about sexual misconduct; it is a story about abuse of power.
    ------------------------------------------------
    She even addressed the trolls in her op-ed. That's not the behavior of a person who wants out of the limelight and has been shamed into silence. Dr. Ford didn't come out against Kavanaugh the year before, explicitly say that her story was not about sexual misconduct, and then change her story a year later when he was nominated to SCOTUS. If she had, I would have considered it very suspect.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Do you consider this a dealbreaker? :emoji_joy:

9. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    If what we've seen over the last several days holds, the MSM owes Brett Kavanaugh a huge apology.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Does it owe Bill Cosby one too? Brian Banks, Quintez Cephus, and Shawn Oakman were all accused of sexual assault, acquitted, and likely had their lives ruined by false accusations. Brett Kavanaugh isn't part of that club.

EDIT: Actually, Cephus should be okay because his trial occurred during his college career. But the other two were screwed over big time.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Clearly not famous enough to grab.

• Like Like x 1
  12. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    When I saw this, I found it telling. Biden is clearly handsy, which many politicians (particularly male ones) do to seem folksy, particularly of his generation, but when we know Putin is trying to influence the election, having seen it in action and warned he was going to do it again, and the accuser is a Putin praiser, it starts to rebut the presumption of believing a claim.

That said, is there a Access Hollywood tape? Oh right...that’s the incumbent.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    I didn’t realize it was of little import to have your reputation dragged through the mud and your character defamed with not a shred of credible evidence presented, as long as you weren’t found legally guilty. That’s brilliant reasoning.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    I knew it...it’s RUSSIA!!!

15. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    A woman testified under oath about what he did to her (her testimony is credible evidence, FYI). Another woman, backed by a number of people, described more sexual misconduct. Brett Kavanaugh's first two accusers are and were credible. He doesn't deserve any apology. And the same goes for Clarence Thomas. The American people deserve an apology for being stuck with people of such low moral character on SCOTUS.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Haven't you heard?

"And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. ... Grab them by the p**y. You can do anything."

Donald Trump Access Hollywood tape - Wikipedia

No kidding. The kool aid must be strong.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AndyGator

AndyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Hypocracy is people who blindly support a p$ssy grabbing infidel whore monger whining about a paw. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    Can you explain what you are yawning at? Because right now it seems like you yawned at a woman coming forward with sexual assault, which I don’t think is boring.

She may be proven bat shit crazy, and Biden is totally innocent, but shouldn’t she be heard?

19. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Also really telling is that when the accusers came forward with stories on Kavanaugh and Trump after their nominations, several posters from the right over and over again said it the timing of accusation was suspicious, and that clearly indicated that the women were lying.

And yet, not one conservative / republican has come forward with that line of reasoning in this case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    Yeah, they’re clearly above anything like that. Ask Maria Butina.