Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Bianchi can't help himself.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Just tell ‘em ‘show your tits’
    That will eliminate any doubt, or at least justify the big tip

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Yikes!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    having grown up and gone to my first Gator game in 1961 - I van yell you there is some validity to Bianci’s comment

4. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

UF Alum Arrogance has always been a thing (never change my friends), but the original jibe doesn't really apply at this point.

Bianchi just wants to wad some panties with a worn out quote because that's the best he's got at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. hogtowngator

hogtowngator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    My Dad graduated in 1961 from UF and he told me the attitude of UF fans, students, and alums was primarily a self-defense approach. UF has always been an outcast in the SEC with tons of unrealized potential (until the mid 80s). Being cocky was a way to cope. Bianchi can sukit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill GC Legend

Feb 7, 2018
    Winning games changes everything.

7. mkfgator

mkfgator Junior

Aug 28, 2019
    I thought Bianchi was cool as a Mouseketeer in the Mickey Mouse Club. He could be the voice of a chipmunk in a Disney movie.That's why I thought he moved to Orlando.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    It's all he has. He's an irrelevant dinosaur like Dooley and so many others of their generation and profession.

9. GratorGator

GratorGator GC Legend

Nov 14, 2015
    Bianchi = ClickBait.

10. ajjaxgator

ajjaxgator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    Yeah...Dan Jenkins said that to Grantland Rice, Red Barber, and Norm Carlson.
    SMDH

11. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    upload_2019-9-24_7-59-3.jpeg

12. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    This!

13. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I remember when Dan Jenkins said that, and there was alot of truth to it at the time. There is no truth to it now. Oh, we're still arrogant. We're the no. 7 public school in the nation, and the no. 1 combination academic and sports (that anyone is interested in) school in the country. Think alums of UCLA, Cal-Berkeley, UVA, Michigan, UNC-Chapel Hill, and Georgia Tech aren't arrogant? Think fans of Alabama (football), Kentucky (basketball), etc. aren't arrogant? Well, Florida is both - we compete with UCLA academically, and with Alabama in football and Kentucky in basketball.

Now, I don't condone arrogance - not at all. However, to single out UF patrons for it is small. Admittedly, though, UF alums are a proud bunch as a whole; and even those of us that are humble are proud of our humility.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Just because someone is experienced doesn't make them irrelevant.

15. Bear1974

Bear1974 VIP Member VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    St. Augustine, FLA
    This is the question I would have for Biachiass.

Why the sam hell were you at the UF game covering the UF game this past Saturday.

If you think UCF sports is that important then why was not your lazy ass covering the road game at Pitt for UCF.

And it is not about UF trolling UCF.

Your media turd analysis on UCF football created the backlash in the first place.

In other words - it is your writing that created this lack of love amongst other college football fans.

And we will say it a million times - if UCF wants respect then get into a conference and then go play people from week to week. If it takes playing more road games to get that respect then that will need to be done.

No body is going to schedule a one on one with UCF given the size of their stadium period.

You might get someone to take the bait once in a while but if you want a consistent relevant one-on-one back and forth with a high tiered football program then you might want to consider upgrading the facilities. Money tends to talk.

But the college football world was laughing their butts off Saturday night in the manner UCF lost the game against an average ACC team that is not expecting to do much in the conference.

Biachiass put UCF on their high horse and Saturday night you got knocked off that high horse.

STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE MATTERS - NOT A DIFFICULT CONCEPT TO GET - AND NO BODY BUYS YOUR OPINIONS ANYMORE BECAUSE OF YOUR MAN CRUSH LOVE FOR UCF.

Length of time in the media business does not equate to meaning your opinions are accurate at all because as you have gotten older your sports analysis gets worse and lacks any intelligent thought. A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while and you may have a logical thought to say once in a while but just because you know how to write something does not mean you are right in your analysis.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. ajjaxgator

ajjaxgator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    Dang, Doc...I thought by name checking those guys of yore (Bless you, Norm), one could read "Yeah, that was true 50 years ago, but not now." :)
    As to your gist...doubleplusgood.

17. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    So I am trying to put a year on the Dan Jenkins quote...
    1) Try google. What do you know? There's multiple links to Bianchi's columns from 03, 16, and 06. So he loves to use that quote and has for well over a decade.

2) I clicked on one NYDN link from 05 to get another source outside Bianchi. Turns it WAS another Bianchi column from 05 sorta complaining about Meyer ribbing some Miami fans. Bianchi referenced that quote again and said it was from the 1960s.

Edit: another source places it in 1976. That sounds right to me.

I became a Gator in 83.
    Since that time, how many schools have spent more weeks in the AP top 10 than we have?
    I dont' know, but I think less than 10.
    So we have the history. Maybe it's time to retire the quote.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Too bad someone cant to this to Bianchi:
    [​IMG]

19. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Does Wake Forest have 3 National Championships (4 if you count The NY Times champion in early 80s)?

Does Wake Forest have as many people in the NFL as UF?

Does Wake Forest have 3 Heisman trophy winners?

Does Wake Forest have the NFL all time rushing champion?

Does Wake have the MLB Rookie is the Year and HR Derby and HR Leader this year?

Does Wake have NCAA championships in men’s football, basketball and baseball? Not to mention other sports like track, cross-country, ...

Does Wake have a Batchelor and Dancing with the Stars champ?

We have dominated the Directors Cup and SEC sports landscape. ND could not hold our jockstrap when it comes to a well rounded sports program.

I believe our arrogance is earned, thank you!!!!!! How dare you sir!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Bianchi was pretty good about 25 years ago.

He used to write some very decent articles about the Gators, (and some not so good ones as well) ......

Once UCF declared their Mythical National Championship, Bianchi not only jumped on that bandwagon, but he decided to take the reins.

Now that a wheel has come off that bandwagon, he's sort of panicking and bitter, and since he's pretty much abandoned the Gators..... his tiny mind quickly lashed out, trying to disparage our guys..

He's still a UCF homer, and a penis with feet. :D

• Funny Funny x 2