Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Bettor all-in on Tompa Brady

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ThePlayer, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Gatorchip

Gatorchip All American

Feb 3, 2010
    The guy is loaded. He isn't all-in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Montanagator

Montanagator All American

Dec 13, 2009
    People should stick to what they do best. In his case, sell furniture. After the last time the Chiefs and Bucs played? What was he thinking?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I dont follow the NFL much...but I do have an opinion. KC will win. Why?

KC qb is mobile. TB is not. KC qb is NFL future. TB is NFL past. Refs throw flags that influence games. Just sayin.

4. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Mobile QB's are valuable as long as they last.
    The No Fun League is littered with mobile ex-QB's who got hurt and couldn't play very long.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  5. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

He doesn’t do it to make money. He does it to not LOSE money. Every single piece of furniture, no limit, is free if the Bucs win. So he has to hedge and he makes a $3.6M insurance policy so that if the Bucs win, he makes money on the Vegas bet to offset the free furniture. He needs the odds to payout and if they do, he wins either way. Whatever he locked in was likely enough to cover his furniture losses in such an instance.

He is loaded and is very generous. Most people love Mattress Mack. He has done a lot for Houston. I am sure there are detractors as there are with any people but he has a lot of supporters.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Bucs lost me as a fan when they drafted a serial rapist at QB whether he's still there or not. Secondly, their uniforms are crap.

Hope the Chiefs win, even though I haven't watched a SB in years. Just won't watch political football.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sorry...but these modern day Bucs have the best uniforms in the league.
    And with a name like Gray you have to like pewter.
    Pewter is a cross between gray and silver.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

No, they don't. Their units suck. Pewter? Big huge, gaudy helmet emblems?

Amazing how many seem to forgive and forget TB hiring a rapist. That franchise is trash, and was when Winston was hired. Still was after he left.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Speaking of Winston, trash and crap, every time I hear the Chiefs ripoff FSU warchant song it reminds me of all three.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Time to ignore the "I hate the NFL" and the "franchise sucks" the "uniforms suck" etc. crowd. :ninja3: If you hate the NFL, don't waste our time spouting hate on this thread.

Today's game is special. It's a classic matchup of old vs. new QBs. It's the newest hottest player vs. the GOAT. I know there are Gators on the Chiefs roster, but I'll be rooting for the Bucs today. Been going to Bucs games since 1986 and had season tix when I lived in the bay area. Some keys to a Bucs win . . .
    • Run the ball. Keep Fournette going, because he's been a game-changer in the playoffs.
    • Pressure Mahommes just enough to make him uncomfortable. Get three sacks and a couple turnovers.
    • Slow down Tyreek Hill. He's the Chiefs' version of Kadarius Toney and maybe the most explosive offensive player in the league.
    Do those three things and the Bucs have an excellent chance to win.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gatorfred

Gatorfred GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2012
    I lost interest in both the NFL and the post long ago. I just felt compelled to tell let everyone here know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

I have only been to one NFL game in my life: Bucs-Giants in 1992? 1993?

Been a Bucs fan ever since. Don’t give a crap about the Super Bowl almost ever but for the first time since the 2002 season (2003 game), I have someone to root for! I will have it on my TV for the first time since 2009.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gatorfred

Gatorfred GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2012
    Yeah.... stick to what you know.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Well. I didn't see that coming but I also didn't know KC was missing two OTs and mahomes was gimpy. That said KC defense had no answer for the quick passing game and fournette. I think the refs helped the game get away in the first half with a couple suspect drive extending calls but the chiefs added to their own demise with drops and poor coaching decisions. Bucs earned it

15. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    Smart bet

16. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    How can you bet against this guy?

[​IMG]

17. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    Ha, bucs doing work!

18. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    The Bucs didn’t get called for similar plays because they didn’t grab receivers like KC does. The announcers talked about KC’s tendency to grab receivers on defense. It’s the same issue in basketball, i.e. foul all the time until the referees get tired of calling them. That style works as long as the referees allow it, which benefits teams who play that manner, such as South Carolina when they eliminated UF in the Elite 8.

The halftime show commentators were bitching about the calls and how most of them shouldn’t be made as they should “let the players play”. The rules are there to prevent one side from getting an advantage over the opposing team. If one team grabs on defense while the other team doesn’t, then who does it favor to let the teams play? If it’s a penalty, then call it and stop with the crap about letting them play.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  19. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    The call opposite the play that extended the td drive wasn't a hold period. The reciever wasn't impeded in any way and there was no grab just open handed contact by the DB. They called it because it looked like one to a ref. If you don't see the action dont call the foul.

As a chiefs fan I can say that didn't change the outcome as KC was outplayed this game regardless of reasons why

20. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

4. Lose in the trenches. Where you want to win is behind the lines, where not as many players are. A lot of times if your guy is out in front of all others, he will get all the way to the other end of the field.”

Hilarious