Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

best SEC recruiters ... very interesting article.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by MyakkaGator, Mar 4, 2019.

1. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 13, 2013
    Myakka City, FL.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    We have very good coaches and developers of talent. We don’t have the great recruiters that can get in kids heads. I think Mullen does not want to get in the business of lying to recruits. Wants players that want to be Gators and then will work his a$$ off to help them be successful Rather have a Dak Prescott than a 5 star that does not want to be all in with Gators

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. tigator2019

tigator2019 Senior

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Arkansas, Miss st and Ole Miss ahead of Gators except in wins. Season 3 of recruiting coming in Ten months. Patience

4. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's sort of a skewed breakdown.

The best recruiters are at/from UT, uga, LSU, AU, Bama. But those are also the easiest/biggest programs to recruit to.

Most of our coaches are from MSU, a school that's really hard to get 5 star players to sign with so it's not a surprise our staff doesn't have many 5 star signees.

Now that they're at UF, if this doesn't change in the next couple of years I'll be worried. But right now this data is trying to compare our coaches recruiting at MSU against other coaches recruiting at big-time programs and that's just not an equitable comparison.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. gatorplank

gatorplank GC Legend

Apr 25, 2011
    That article explains why we lost Beck.

6. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, agree. Though we closed well end of cycle it appears our staff has to win some major battles to move up the recruiting totem pole.

7. Nostradamus

Nostradamus All American

Sep 18, 2015
    Why did we lose him?

8. puntagordagator

puntagordagator Recruit

May 15, 2018
    We lost Beck because Georgia has better recruiters than we do. Not to be a downer, because I love Mullen as a coach, but it's the truth