Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Bernie Sanders is a Communist

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gator715, Feb 24, 2020.

1. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    "Objective assessments"--by which you must surely mean that I'm not sufficiently ignorant to pretend the commie propaganda isn't complete bullshit.

Like I said, don't take my word for it--I've never actually lived in Cuba (just may family)--oh, and happen to know (literally) thousands who had at some point, and for an uncannily familiar reason--like same damn reason for given for thousands of 'em--go figure--no longer live in what is, by all accounts, a geographic paradise.

Now, why on earth does Man, by the hundreds of thousand--nay, by the millions--leave a veritible geographic paradise on earth???

Never mind such spurious 'evidence'....clearly I am incapable of any objectivity on the matter...

So go on sage WGB...tell us upon what you base your brilliant "objective" analysis on the matter???

Since you obviously, objectively, haven't the balls to put your money where your mouth is, and go and live under that Utopian dream society, so geographically near you could literally take a homemade raft down there--as hundreds of thousands have actually done in reverse (never mind the hundreds of thousands who attempted, but failed--they don't count--not even for the lesson of what they stake by venturing out...b/c that of course, would obscure your precious pretense at "objectivity"), go ahead and tell us all about your 'objective' basis for your analysis, that doesn't require you actually delving into and submitting to the governance you so proudly champion.

I'll wait for your learned reply.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. wgbgator

wgbgator Tiny "Boop Squig" Shorterly Premium Member

Didnt Trump praise North Korea and their leader? Is he a communist too?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The problem is that if you ask any Cuban (in Cuba) their opinion of Castro, you will be standing next to a government minder, and if the person tells the truth, he might get sent to prison or worse. Communist countries are often like that.

National Geographic had an interesting article about Cuban health care a few years back. Most Cuban doctors make so little money that they have to moonlight as taxi drivers. How good can medical care be in Cuba if the doctor needs to hurry back from taking a tourist to the airport in his taxi before starting your surgery? Someone should ask Bernie how much of his medical care he gets done in Cuba. I'm sure the Senate would pass a resolution allowing, or even encouraging, Sanders to use his Congressional health insurance in Cuba, and might even pay for him to fly there to get his medical care. It's probably too late to educate him in Cuba.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Great you found one communist that Trump has praised in the past...

There’s one thing that everyone Trump praises has in common... they all praise Trump...

Cuba is just one plot point for Bernie... he’s had enough of a history to show us a trend... he’s a commie...

5. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    Nice of you to avoid the other 90% of his post. When has Trump expressed "excitement" over a communist leader coming to power, when has he honeymooned in a Communist nation, when has he suggested we could take notes from Communist countries? That you have to mischaracterize the argument by omission shows you are beaten. Just accept it, Bernie has had definite Communist leanings (at least) in the past.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. wgbgator

We've discussed this enough for me to see its deeply personal to you, which I respect, but its not like I'm going to change your mind or not get called misguided by you when I post even the faintest of praise for aspects of Cuban society.

7. wgbgator

Me, I'm waiting for Bernie to weigh in on Lenin and Stalin before I make a judgement.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. wgbgator

Well, I can find plenty of brutal autocrats he's praised but they arent communists ...

9. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    You’re asking for more than a smoking gun...

there’s nothing Bernie can say that can convince you he’s a communist...

10. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Ask yourself if they’ve said nice things about Trump and you’ll have your answer...

Also... try to stay on topic... we’re talking about Bernie...

11. RayGator

RayGator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    He should do it more than that. Tell Bernie to go back to where his Honeymoon was.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    I truly believe if Bernie gets the Dem nomination he is going to be destroyed by DT in the general election.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    From your lips to God's ears...

• Like Like x 1
  14. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Even CNN is piling it on, making Sanders feel the Bern of his own policies.

Bernie Sanders' disastrous answer on '60 Minutes' - CNNPolitics

It may actually be worse than the numbers quoted. Most of these assessments assume that the new policies will not change the behavior of people. Of course, when you make medical care free for all, a number of people will go to the doctor for trivial complaints or routine checkups, just because it is free. And that will not improve the economics on medical care. It would be very difficult to figure out how much behavior would be changed and how it would impact the bottom line.
    Sanders might be the only candidate that could get me to vote for Trump.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Don't know too much about your politics...

But you sound like a Liberal with an anchor (or just an anti-Trump conservative)...

Good for you...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  16. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    And they tend to be dictators.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    He won't be destroyed. Too many in this country despise Trump for that to happen. But there's a pretty good chance Trump will win if it's Bernie.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    All those seemingly 'nice things' he did... and he only had to murder several thousands of people to do it. What a great trade-off... NOT.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    TBL, one of 2 things will happen when you post about Cuba--I will respond to set the record straight--or I'll miss your post, which I'm sure I've missed hundreds, as I'm not on here far more than I am.

So take your chances if you must--but don't pretend at any surprise, when I chime in about what a POS Che Guevarra is, or how f@#$@!# abusive Castro's regime is, based on a stupid amount of actual second hand information in excruciating detail....

Especially when for all the glorious light you insist on holding Cuba in....you will NEVER EVER have the balls to put your money where your mouth is, and go down there, and actually subject yourself to that patent tyranny. Wisely I should add.

...and it's perfectly OK that you don't want to, and would not surrender your autonomy.

The problem is....why the hell do you want the rest of us to, under your precious neo-prog aspirations???

No gracias.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    LMAO!

Trump is going to crush whatever clown the DNC taps for sacrificial lamb...

Just get to planning 2024 already.

Seriously, who the hell are y'all kidd'n???

• Agree Agree x 2