Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Belize Trip Report

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by G8trGr8t, Jul 10, 2019.

1. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Belize City to Ambergris Caye is like Miami to Key Largo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Not sure if that's a good thing...but I'll assume so. :oops:

3. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    We were there shortly thereafter, our favorite guide (boating/snorkeling) is related to the guide that was targeted in that attack (Mario) referenced in the link. Things are changing all the time there, but I feel far safer there than I would in many parts of GAINESVILLE, even. The poor guy from Virginia is alleged to be completely unrelated to the dispute that led to the killing.

The growth is unsustainable, in my opinion, but I haven't seen any efforts to take that into consideration. It's the kind of place you go to, and you don't get the full experience unless you do some of the things the way the locals do them (little things like local restaurants that have 0 social media presence or tourist recommendations). Some of the things that were neat an unexplored (or lightly explored) before are becoming mainstreamed and less interesting. But from our experience the people there were well-versed in hospitality.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Like Like x 1
  4. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sadly, it's just a desperate corner of the hemisphere.
    The governments are corrupt and the young people are uneducated and lawless.

5. nobbqsauce

nobbqsauce All American

Nov 21, 2018
    I enjoy slightly wild places. Belize is a little hairy at times but pay attention, be smart, be safe and it has an awful.lot to offer.
    Same with S Africa,
    However if you are taking your family or young kids... stick to the Caymans, St Croix, etc..