Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Been watching government for a long time...

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by intimigator1, Jan 31, 2020.

1. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    There have been 3 presidents who have been impeached. Nixon resigned before the senate could reach a verdict. Only one senator didnt vote along party lines. That was Mitt Romney.

2. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree it’s bad. But OP, they called witnesses in the house and moved to the Senate because the evidence was overwhelming. Right?

3. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    Um, 25 plus women have accused trump of rape. I have called Clinton a rapist on this board, look it up. Your selective reading comprehension falls on why bother, you've just spotted a squirrel...

4. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He is a reality show clown. Arrogance is part of his schtick. He happens to internalize it, like most egotistical billionaires might. The rest of us live in the real world. Arrogance is optional.

5. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    S E L E C T I V E I N D I G N A T I O N

6. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    How many (out of those supposed 25?) Have resulted in charges being filed or brought suits against Trump. (I think your 25 number is grossly over stated.)

7. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    I'll give you that I was conflating the terminology. I should have said 25 known accusers for sexual misconduct. The answer is at least three who have brought suits.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. nobbqsauce

nobbqsauce All American

Nov 21, 2018
    There were in fact 18 witnesses left for the impeachment vote. Democrats sent 17 to to the senate.
    Democrats did not allow DJT to call on any witnesses.
    Democrats had the option of using the supreme court ..... the correct path to take...to get any and all documents and witnesses they needed. However, the timing of that would have been inconvenient for the democrats so they rushed ahead without it.
    The democrat house managers then.publically claimed to have a slam dunk case. No further evidence needed and rushed to a vote.
    Then decided they wanted the senate to do the houses job and make a work around of the supreme court.
    If you want to be angry or disappointed at anyone it should be Pelosi and Schiff. They could have taken the ti.w necessary to get the evidence needed....unless they knew there wasn't any...they could have done the impeachment the right way but were more concerned with scoring political points and hits against the sitting president.
    Russiagate didn't work
    And now they have screwed up Ukrainegate.

And now they are getting upset that the republicans are investigating hunter biden? I guess it's only fair play for the democrats to go after trump. Granted ...they opened the Hunter Biden door wide open.
    This impeachment was all or nothing for the dema. And it blew up in their face because they just had to rush to impeach before the elections.

They are who you should be mad at.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Why? Why would the Republicans be investigating Hunter Biden? What authority do they have to do such?

10. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    If there were misdeeds of prior administration regarding the hiring of a former VP's son it is relevant.

11. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

You just described pretty much everyone running for POTUS, the current POTUS, and the Speaker of the House or Representatives, The House, The Senate, etc etc.

This high horse that many preach from is only solidified by how childish Trump acts. Outside of his twitter tantrums, they are all pretty much the same. They all lie. They all bend facts. They all pander.

It's like a Geico commercial. "It's what they do".

None of them know you or care about you.

That is the one thing I like about crazy uncle Joe. I think he really loves our country, even if I don't like his politics.